Mission Possible

Right, time to check in here! Usually when I'm quiet on Minimins it's because I'm too busy stuffing my face, but not this time!

So Easter Saturday, my little lady had her first ever vomiting bug. Cue lots of washing, burning of candles, sterilising of hands, changing of HIDEOUS nappies, oh and not forgetting the cuddles (only good part when your kids are sick ;)) Easter Sunday was a lovely 5-hour slow roasted lamb feast at my parents' house, surrounded by family. Baby was off form but had stopped pulling thankfully. It meant that "somebody" had to eat all her chocolate for her. Luckily she's still young, and also not a big fan of chocolate, so I didn't have to eat too much.

Anyway, on Tuesday the inevitable happens and I'm struck down by the bug. Since then I've had little or no appetite, yippee, but have obviously been feeling like crap. So disappointed as this is my last week off in 21 months before starting back to work on Monday and I was looking forward to doing so much. But here I am, lying in bed typing this.

Weight has been up and down as I go from completely empty and weak to eating something small and bloating like a balloon. I don't think I'll be up to eating much over the weekend so fingers crossed that weigh in on Monday will be a pleasant trip to the loo for the first time since Tuesday...!

I just have to maintain any loss that I do have. I am back to calorie counting and aiming for a realistic 1600 cals-ish a day when I'm feeling better. Will see how that goes. Working should help as I'll bring healthy lunches and snacks in with me.

Glad to see you back Squishy! Seems everyone round here has had that bug, so I hope you're feeling better soon x

Glad to see you back Squishy! Seems everyone round here has had that bug, so I hope you're feeling better soon x

Thanks hun! You're doing great, love to see you so motivated. Hope I can get my mojo back soon. Friend's wedding in Spain in less than two months so want/need to look fab for that ;) x

So sorry you feeling ill. Hope you feel better soon. And as you already look fab, you have no worries for the wedding. :) xx

So sorry you feeling ill. Hope you feel better soon. And as you already look fab, you have no worries for the wedding. :) xx

Thank you as always, my skinny friend! Finally started feeling better (and stopped running to the loo) around lunch time today. Going to take it very easy food-wise tomorrow and try to drink plenty of water to rehydrate. Then weigh in, eek!

Ha- I don't really feel fab at the moment but some make-up and a pretty dress can work wonders I suppose! ;) x

hello! hope baby is ok too x

So Monday, my old foe, and weigh-in day. This morning I was down 1.8lb. Not a bad loss for calorie counting but I couldn't help be disappointed as for 5 days straight I had that tummy bug and I finished the week nearly 5000 cals under my target! How did I not lose more?! Yesterday was my first day of feeling normal again and eating 1600 cals, so maybe I'm holding onto some water after losing so much of it. Also TOTM so that's probably not helping..Going to ask hubby to hide scales until next Monday so I don't become obsessed.

Started my new job today! The good news is there's no restaurant/canteen so I HAVE to bring my own food in. There's a vending machine but I can avoid that no problem. This week I'm bringing in chicken salads for lunch, and my healthy snacks are nuts, popcorn, grapes, a cereal bar and lots of water. And obviously a few cups of tea! Being in work helps as we have to be organised for the week and plan our dinners out in advance so we can go shopping. this week we' re having spaghetti bolognese, fish pie, and chicken wrapped in prosciutto, with veg. All healthy.

My only obstacles this week are a) boredom/comfort eating and b) a night out on Saturday. Our hockey season is over so one of our team mates is having us for dinner and drinks, and then we might be heading into town afterwards to continue drinking. I may manage to sneak off after the house part though ;) I'll be good for the other 6 days though, and the lead up to Saturday will be good. I just don't know what kind of food she'll be serving, and obviously drinks will be calorific too.

Until we settle not a routine of collecting from crèche, home for dinner, bath time etc, I'm not sure what my exercise opportunities will be in the evenings. I'd like to get out for one or two runs maybe, especially to limit the damage on Sat.

Sorry for the ramble, not a very exciting post but just feels good to plan my week in advance.

Oh, and how funny, one of my new colleagues started Lipotrim last week! I didn't say I'd been on it but will be interested to see how she gets on.

Over and out. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

hello! hope baby is ok too x

Hi! Yes, she's doing great. She perked up as soon as she'd passed it on to me, cheeky monkey! X

So how did the first day go? Did you enjoy it?

Sorry, yes!! Typical first day, reading a lot of procedures, following people like a lost puppy etc! I'm at a temporary desk this week but will hopefully have my proper one next week. Everyone has been lovely so far though.

Really glad you're enjoying your new job, I'm very excited for you :) It's always nerve wracking isn't it when you start something new, but definitely sounds like you're getting into the swing of things. x

Really glad you're enjoying your new job, I'm very excited for you :) It's always nerve wracking isn't it when you start something new, but definitely sounds like you're getting into the swing of things. x

Thanks so much! Yep, I'm settling in. It's a bug change from bring home all day and I do miss my little lady but unfortunately I have to work so I'm glad I've found something that I like doing!

Having a good week. Being in work definitely keeps me disciplined! Although it's a hungry week for me. I just can't seem to feel full at all. I'm on 1600 cals a day which should be plenty but because I've started work this week I haven't managed any exercise at all, so I haven't been able to earn any extra cals. Hopefully it's just a hungry phase and will pass soon. And hopefully once I'm settled into a routine with the job, I can get out for a few runs during the week.

u will figure it all out, u r doing great xxx

u will figure it all out, u r doing great xxx

Thanks so much! Dreading and looking forward to Monday weigh-in in equal measures! X

Had a great week, woohoo. Being in work has helped a lot. Today is treat day (but being sure not to eat for the sake of it!) and then back on the wagon tomorrow and weigh in Monday morning. Eek! Feeling good though. Glad the bug is behind me! X

yay to that positive post :) xxx

it is nice, i havent read ur diary for a few days will get a look tomorrow hopefully x

Happy Monday folks! Sorry to anyone tuning in to see my weigh-in result! I have decided to change my weigh-in day to Friday. This is because I tend to have my cheat/treat day on a Saturday and usually end up a little bloated, and then weigh heavy in a Monday. So I think my Friday weight will be more representative and accurate.

Saturday night was lovely. I was healthy during the day, counted my cals, but then had a night off and I really enjoyed it. Ate nice food and had a few too many drinks. But I was straight back to 1600 cals on Sunday. Still feeling a little bloated though, so I hope that will be gone by Friday!

My only fear is that by moving my weigh-in to a Friday, I might pig out at the weekend knowing that weigh-in is far away. I just need to allow myself my Saturday (and not EVERY Saturday, I just happen to have a few Saturday events coining up in these next few weeks!) and then get back on the wagon on Sunday.

Lunches in work this week are homemade cauliflower and broccoli soup, with two slices of stoneground wholemeal toast and some light cream cheese. Funny thing I noticed today though, is that I felt very bloated and gurgly after lunch. Last week I had salad for lunch every day and felt fine. I'm not sure whether I'm still suffering a little from the weekend, or whether maybe the bread has some effect on me. I'll just keep an eye on it I suppose!

Sorry, lots of rambling here tonight. Hubby is in charge of the remote tonight so I'm bored ;)

Back