Mission Possible

Wohooo but feeling all fat and blobby already!!!! I was just starting 12 week to goal challenge and considering 2 weeks of lipotrim as kickstart! And lo and behold.... I found out im pregnant! Had to go a & e cos of stomuch pains but all confirmed now. Due most likely november. Slightly crapping myself

Oh I'm so delighted for you. It's bloody scary to think you're going to be a parent but don't worry, if I can do it, anyone can! Plus, you have months to get your head around it! Enjoy your pregnancy and don't worry about your weight. You can lose it after baby arrives!

Decided if better check in here. Can't remember the last time I powered a proper entry or updated my stats. Tut tut tut.

Anyway, I have finally managed to get into the right frame of mind again, and am on day 1 of my VLCD. Not even sure what has made me feel different, or made me think to myself "I can do this" but I really feel confident about it this time. I weighed in at a disgraceful 148 this morning so I have 17lb to target. I'd love to get there by Easter but if not, I'll continue afterwards. I have no events coming up before then so I can get a good run at this and won't have to take any breaks. Day one is going fine so far.

Going to try and post here more often. I've found that by missing out here and on MFP, I've felt less accountable for my eating etc!

Day 2 underway. Managed to negotiate the gauntlet of dinner time yesterday evening without cheating so was quite chuffed with myself. It was cold and miserable and I was coming down with a sinus infection, so it would have been very easy to order a takeaway and stuff my face. But I didn't. Phew!

Today I am super hungry as Ketosis is a few days away yet. Being sick isn't helping as I usually eat more, not less, when I'm under the weather. Anyway, I will soldier on. Nap time for the little lady and the dog is snoring away beside me, so I might catch 40 winks myself.

Over and out.

Hey Squishy, glad to see you back in it.

Good luck with your VLCD this time around x

Hey Squishy, glad to see you back in it.

Good luck with your VLCD this time around x

Thanks hun! You're doing great. Hope the running goes well. I used to hate running but now I'm a convert! X

Thanks hun! You're doing great. Hope the running goes well. I used to hate running but now I'm a convert! X

Haha same! When I first started I could barely make 2 minutes without collapsing in a fat sweaty lump, but now there's just a sense of achievement after having ran so far or for so long. I actually find it more fun and a great stress reliever rather than thinking about it as exercise x

Haha same! When I first started I could barely make 2 minutes without collapsing in a fat sweaty lump, but now there's just a sense of achievement after having ran so far or for so long. I actually find it more fun and a great stress reliever rather than thinking about it as exercise x

It's such a sense of achievement! I love that it can be social too, I regularly meet a friend for a run and a catch up. We don't even realise how far we've run! X

Day 3 done and done. Besides sinus trouble I'm feeling good and think I'm in Ketosis as hunger is easing. Woohoo!

Heading out for a run tomorrow and have a hockey match next Tuesday. Other than that I'm only really walking as exercise. Partly because I'm sick and partly because I lack energy on a VLCD.

In other news, I had an interview last week for a job that I would really love. Nice hours, and only a 5 minute drive from home. Today they rang to say they are checking my references, which is a really good sign. I am keeping everything crossed . In fact I can't get to sleep because I keep thinking about it. Need to switch off but can't!

My diet plan is to keep going on the VLCD for two weeks at least. I need to be refed by Easter Sunday as we have a big family event. Also, I think I will burn out if I do too much longer. I need to do a sensible refeed and then strict cc'ing after Easter Sunday to maintain and hopefully lose a little more, just to give me that wiggle room!

Run cancelled today as sinuses are worse- head feels like it's stuffed with cotton wool! Also only managed 5 hours sleep last night and I need a minimum of 8 to function normally! Anyway, I'm hoping it'll pass without a trip to the doc for an antibiotic. I can think of better things to spend EUR60 on!

So to cheer myself up this morning I indulged in some retail therapy. Picked up 3 dresses and 5 tops for a total of EUR69 as I had some vouchers to spend (EUR125 worth). A mix of casual and work-type clothes (that I'll hopefully get to wear soon if I land this job!) All size 10 and all on sale. In fact I could probably have managed an 8 in some of the items but sizes were limited. I'm absolutely delighted with myself though, it's been so long since I shopped for myself, for more than one item at a time. Can't wait to wear them now! Typical that I have no social occasions planned now for a while!

Diet-wise, all going well. On day 4 now and definitely in Ketosis.

5 days done and dusted. Fed up today (and it's only 10am!) as it's a holiday weekend here for St. Patrick's Day. Not sure I can face a whole 3 days without eating? Spending lots of time as a little family and the weather is dry so we'll be out and about. I'm torn really. Do I eat for a few days and get back on the wagon on Monday? Or do I just have one or two "treats" but stay on the diet otherwise. Obviously there's option 3 where I don't eat at all and stay 100%. I just don't know.

I'm sure no one will even read this but it just helps to get my options written down I suppose!

Stay 100%

The quicker you get it done, the quicker its out the way. If u have one treat you'll want another and another ....

Stay 100%

The quicker you get it done, the quicker its out the way. If u have one treat you'll want another and another ....

You know me so well Goose! Too late I'm afraid, I had a treat day, but solely to boost my metabolism, ahem ahem...!

Hope you're doing well and having a good weekend! X

Ahahahahaha! Aww u do make me giggle!!!! Went out for a meal with the ladies last night and threw pregnant out of 10 of us (well 4 if u include me!) and 2 of them were so tiny and pregnant! Well jealous. Was dying to tell them I'm pregnant too but all there partners are friends if my hubby (thats how we are friends too- the wives!) and he is adamant we don't tell anyone till 6 weeks! Growl!!! 6 weeks to go!

Well my love hope u enjoyed all with ure ickle family. Enjoy hun, life is for living xxx

Ahahahahaha! Aww u do make me giggle!!!! Went out for a meal with the ladies last night and threw pregnant out of 10 of us (well 4 if u include me!) and 2 of them were so tiny and pregnant! Well jealous. Was dying to tell them I'm pregnant too but all there partners are friends if my hubby (thats how we are friends too- the wives!) and he is adamant we don't tell anyone till 6 weeks! Growl!!! 6 weeks to go!

Well my love hope u enjoyed all with ure ickle family. Enjoy hun, life is for living xxx

Ah that's lovely- you'll all have babies around the same age! We didn't tell anyone until after our first scan (12 weeks) and it was so hard! Was convinced my mum or friends would just "know" but actually no one guessed!

Hope you had a lovely night! I'm back on the wagon today, pat on the back for me! Was very tempting to just keep eating all weekend but to be honest, I didn't even particularly enjoy all the crap I ate yesterday! Was all kind of "meh"! Today we've even been out for a cuppa and some shopping and I just brought one of my bars with me. Gonna drink a load of water today and hopefully weigh in will be a joyful experience tomorrow morning. X

It's so good to see people helping each other achieve similar goals! Don't worry guys, if you stick together and hold back you will achieve your goals.

Amazing work. Well Done! x

(((((Squishy)))))

Hello dear friend!

Have you heard back from the job yet? So hope you get it! RawrGirl def understands the frustration of finding the perfect job and then not getting it. She finally got a job -- she actually was passed over for the job she wanted, hired for a job she didn't want but took because she was financially desperate, just to have the first job call and offer her the position after all. So after one day of work at the second job, she left, and now tomorrow will be day 2 on the first job. The best part is that it's at a grocery store, lol. RawrGirl has shopped at Walmart for so long that she forgot what a grocery store even looked like -- fresh fish counter, a butchers counter, tons more produce. RawrGirl has spent the last several weeks watching MasterChef Australia and devouring cookbooks at the library that when she went to work last week she was so distracted by all the yummy fresh food and was in 7th heaven! The best part of this job is no more wasted produce that spoiled because she bought a week's worth and it rotted. Now she can just pick up what she needs for that night's dinner and the next every time she goes to work. She doesn't actually work for the grocery store, she is responsible for the impulse merchandise at 3 (will be 4 when new store opens in May) Shop Rite grocery stores in her area, so she just walks up and down the isles and straightens, restocks, and notes needed orders for the merchandise her company supplies the store with. It's a very simple job, pays pretty well (which is very surprising for this area), and is only 2-4 days a week (2 days if she wants to do 2 stores a day, 4 days if she wants to do 1 store a day), and she can show up anytime between 7am and noon, so very flexible to allow for taking Prince Charming and teenage son to and from school as well as figure skating (when she can afford to start going again).

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Just hoping you find something that fits your needs just as much! XX

PS -- RawrGirl will be joining you on dieting come April. Hope you haven't forgotten the really cool name you came up with for April's challenge!

(((((Squishy)))))

Hello dear friend!

Have you heard back from the job yet? So hope you get it! RawrGirl def understands the frustration of finding the perfect job and then not getting it. She finally got a job -- she actually was passed over for the job she wanted, hired for a job she didn't want but took because she was financially desperate, just to have the first job call and offer her the position after all. So after one day of work at the second job, she left, and now tomorrow will be day 2 on the first job. The best part is that it's at a grocery store, lol. RawrGirl has shopped at Walmart for so long that she forgot what a grocery store even looked like -- fresh fish counter, a butchers counter, tons more produce. RawrGirl has spent the last several weeks watching MasterChef Australia and devouring cookbooks at the library that when she went to work last week she was so distracted by all the yummy fresh food and was in 7th heaven! The best part of this job is no more wasted produce that spoiled because she bought a week's worth and it rotted. Now she can just pick up what she needs for that night's dinner and the next every time she goes to work. She doesn't actually work for the grocery store, she is responsible for the impulse merchandise at 3 (will be 4 when new store opens in May) Shop Rite grocery stores in her area, so she just walks up and down the isles and straightens, restocks, and notes needed orders for the merchandise her company supplies the store with. It's a very simple job, pays pretty well (which is very surprising for this area), and is only 2-4 days a week (2 days if she wants to do 2 stores a day, 4 days if she wants to do 1 store a day), and she can show up anytime between 7am and noon, so very flexible to allow for taking Prince Charming and teenage son to and from school as well as figure skating (when she can afford to start going again).

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. Just hoping you find something that fits your needs just as much! XX

PS -- RawrGirl will be joining you on dieting come April. Hope you haven't forgotten the really cool name you came up with for April's challenge!

Hello hello my lovely! Wow, so happy for you! That job sounds perfect and such a good fit for you. I'm delighted. And you're doing so well with your diet too, putting me to shame as usual.

So yes, the good news is that today I found out that I got the job that I really wanted. It's only a 5 minute drive from our house, close to the little lady's crèche. Steady hours, good pay and benefits, and the type of role that I wanted. I've no start date yet as I've to pass a medical first, but then I'll probably be starting quite soon.

It's such a weight off my mind though. Money was getting tight and I was feeling quite down about the whole situation. I think that's why my diet hasn't been great either. Lots of emotional eating!

Back