Mission Possible

Well done for sticking to your diet in the face of temptation :):):) Food courts are evil! It's the smell of foods in the food that gets to me so you've done really well and you're cooking too xx I love your non-food treats and your non-scale victories (yay to buttoning up the jeans!). I think you'll really see a huge difference after a stone but see how you feel after. You may decide that you want to do it via healthy foods etc or stick out a few more weeks.

Job hunting is annoying I know but just remember how amazing you'll look in your work outfits (I'm assuming you'll be wearing office clothing here!) and your confidence levels will soar.

Ps, like RG, I also love reading about your foodie dreams!

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Haha yes food courts are terribly evil places, since they tend to just be packed with the most unheathly fast food going. Great job on sticking to this 100% and just remember that if you can do this now, and you achieve your goal, you'll never have to put yourself through it again xD

tweekedgirl said:
Haha yes food courts are terribly evil places, since they tend to just be packed with the most unheathly fast food going. Great job on sticking to this 100% and just remember that if you can do this now, and you achieve your goal, you'll never have to put yourself through it again xD

Thanks so much, everyone is so supportive here! I definitely would've caved by now if it wasn't for you lot. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Faith_111 said:
Well done for sticking to your diet in the face of temptation :):):) Food courts are evil! It's the smell of foods in the food that gets to me so you've done really well and you're cooking too xx I love your non-food treats and your non-scale victories (yay to buttoning up the jeans!). I think you'll really see a huge difference after a stone but see how you feel after. You may decide that you want to do it via healthy foods etc or stick out a few more weeks.

Job hunting is annoying I know but just remember how amazing you'll look in your work outfits (I'm assuming you'll be wearing office clothing here!) and your confidence levels will soar.

Ps, like RG, I also love reading about your foodie dreams!

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Thank you my dear. Hope you're still feeling better today and looking forward to the weekend!

Aw, no food dreams last night ladies, sorry! Off to a 2nd birthday party tomorrow though so no doubt I'll fantasise about cake all night! Will keep you posted of course. x

Thank you my dear. Hope you're still feeling better today and looking forward to the weekend!

Aw, no food dreams last night ladies, sorry! Off to a 2nd birthday party tomorrow though so no doubt I'll fantasise about cake all night! Will keep you posted of course. x

Birthday party sounds tough! RawrGirl feels for you! Just keep one thing in mind (this is RawrGirl's downfall, ignore if not also yours) if you do give in, don't binge. 100 or even 500 calories more than intended really is much different than 1000 or 3000 calories more. Don't let your mind tell you that, "oh, I blew it now, might as well enjoy myself." RawrGirl has done that so many times.

The other night, she made a list of all the things she ate in just one dining out "celebratory meal" and looked up the nutrition content and realized it was in excess of 5000 calories. :eek: For crying out loud, her favorite food is pizza with crust dipped in jalapeno cheese sauce and THAT is only 1000 (she eats 3 slices). When she realized this, she was dumbfounded. Part of her maintenance plan is: If RawrGirl wants pizza, RawrGirl can have pizza. Better a 1000 calorie splurge than constantly saying no, no, no, and then going out to eat and gorging herself on 5000 calories.

All that to say...RawrGirl knows you CAN survive the party 100% on track. Please don't misinterpret the above to mean she thinks you can't do it (she just knows herself, lol). If she was in your situation, this is what she would do: cut out a pic from a magazine of a dress or outfit that you would kill to wear, and every time you get tempted, pull it out of your pocket and stare at it for a minute or two and tell yourself if you don't eat now, you can wear that dress at Christmas. Imagine all the compliments at Christmas. Imagine the high of knowing how stunning you look. No food that lasts but seconds on your taste buds is worth denying yourself the confidence of knowing how great you will look in but a few months! (And remind yourself, that even if just one slice of cake, etc *might* not stop you from reaching your Christmas goal, one slice at this party, one slice at the next, etc. etc, will. There will be many temptations along the way, and if you pick a little here and pick a little there, nothing will truly change. There will be parties even at goal, that you will know not to have anything. RawrGirl has decided that one of her maintenance tricks will be to choose which parties she treats herself to "treat" food and which she will only have healthy "food"...not all of them will have food "worth" eating.

For instance, the grocery store has this triple chocolate cake by the slice that RawrGirl LOVES. She knows it's high calorie (probably 1000 -- it's HUGE!) Even though she splits it with Prince Charming, or saves the other half for next night anyway (eating whole slice makes her sick...it's THAT huge), she rarely buys it. But she thinks nothing of going out to eat with Prince Charming and after a 4000 calorie meal, eating a 500 calorie brownie with fudge that is mostly good, but not great. So RawrGirl figured something out: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy dessert at a restaurant EVER again. From now on, RawrGirl will forgo dessert in restaurant, and buy that slice of cake instead. To avoid that cake, RawrGirl has gone to a different shop and bought a little of this and a little of that because she knows it's "bad" to buy the chocolate cake, and yet probably ends up eating just as many calories anyway.

In summary, RawrGirl realized that her favorite treat in the world is pizza (1000) with 1/2 slice triple chocolate cake (500). That's only 1500. If she drinks a shake for breakfast and lunch on that day, her calories will be under 2000. So for a "normal" amount of calories, she can have EXACTLY what she wants, which will probably eliminate her urge to binge on this, that, and the other thing, in her avoidance of what she really wants...and will mostly likely allow her to maintain her weight.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread! Sorry! All that is to say, whatever you REALLY want probably isn't at this party anyway, so whatever *is* there, is not worth derailing yourself from your diet for. (If it is there, pull out the pic of your dream outfit pic!). Either way, Go Squishy! You can make it!

Hijack away my lovely! Everything you said makes exact sense. I am so guilty of the "well I've blown the diet today by eating a bar of chocolate so I might as well order a huge takeaway for dinner too". Especially during my many many WW days!

Luckily the party is 2hours max and in the morning. It's a good friend organising it so I know the format. It's a buffet style party with muffins, fruit salad, cake etc all spread on the table and guests can help themselves. Hubs and baba will be with me so I can easily pretend to be busy with baba while hubby eats! I'm sure a few polite people will try and give me food but I can easily decline. Definitely not even tempted to stray because I've known about this party since before I started my vlcd and always knew it would be an obstacle.

I like the picture idea! I'm frustrated actually- when hubby and I were on honeymoon in Thailand we were driven to a remote waterfall by a guide to go swimming. The guide took photos of us and one was of me in just a bikini, climbing over some rocks. My body was great (vain I know but I RARELY say that!) I was tanned and slim but muscular (I'll never be scrawny). I would love that photo as "thinspiration" but I cannot find it ANYWHERE! It's a digital snap so should be with the rest of our honeymoon snaps but it's no where to be found! Oh well, I'll just have to create a new photo when I'm looking HOT on the beach next summer!

Day 11 in the big diet house. Had a cheeky sneaky weigh-in this morning and down another pound. That's 9lb in 11 days and I ain't complaining! I'm going against all diet rules by weighing myself daily, especially because with this diet, once I stay 100% there's no way I'm NOT going to lose weight. It really gives me a boost for the day though.

That is too funny. Last night, while RawrGirl lay in bed unable to sleep, she thought about how fast you will lose on a VLCD and she made a note to tell you don't hide your scale...yet...as it she realized it would be quite motivating to see the numbers drop every day. Prince Charming hid the scale as RawrGirl was so depressed because the numbers *weren't* dropping. Right now, seeing it every day is going to give you that boost to keep going...as you have discovered yourself. :D

Dug out my old Diesel jeans last night. They are a 30inch waist and while I was quite surprised that I could button them up, they produce a hideous muffin top, and my kangaroo pouch hung not so nicely over the waistband. Got ever-faithful hubby to take some before pics to add to my collection. Was a bit deflating seeing the photos if i'm honest. Was feeling great about myself yesterday, a mental thing I suppose because I've lost weight, but when I saw the photos it hit home that I still have a long way to go. At this stage I'm wondering if another stone will be enough. Yes, I'll be a healthy BMI but that means nothing to me if I don't look good (shallow much?!).

Good for you! And awesome that you can already button them!!! Don't be discouraged by the before pics...though that is hard to do. RawrGirl has been there. Focus on the after pics, and the fact that if you can button those jeans now, they will fit perfect by Christmas, possibly even Thanksgiving!

I really don't enjoy being on Lipotrim (who does?!) but I suppose the temptation to keep going is always there. Say I get to around 10st 10lb and decide to lose the rest through eating healthily: If I wanted to lose another 7lb it would take me 6/7 weeks realistically. But if I stayed on Lipotrim that could be gone in 2 weeks. See what I mean?! I'd much prefer to stay on Lipotrim as long as needed than to EVER have to go back on it. I really don't think I'd be able for that. Now is the perfect time for me as I'm not working and don't have a busy social life so I can hide my diet well. Hmm, think I'll revisit this post in a few weeks and see how I feel then!

For what it's worth, RawrGirl is staying on VLCD till goal, and then slowly trading same calorie food for shake, then slowly upping, one day at a time to introduce food and keep an eye on the scale (which she will get back at goal), to make sure she maintains.

Yesterday went well. Nails and legs are looking fab! I only drank two shakes. I just wasn't hungry (thank you ketosis!) so couldn't face a third. Have to say I don't feel any different as a result. I will take a multi-vitamin today to make sure I catch up on the nutrients I missed though. So according to MyFitnessPal (your nemesis RawrGirl!) I consumed 282 cals, burned 177 cals walking the dog and so had a remainder of 1923 cals, meaning these were provided by ketosis. Sweet!

My job hunt has begin slowly and reluctantly. Damn mortgage and bills!! Have updated my CV and sent to some recruitment agents. I think that's enough for one week. Next week I will contact some more agents and have a look at some job websites. Not looking forward to starting a job and being the "new girl" but hopefully by the time that happens i'll be slimmer and more confident? I'm very shy meeting people for the first time so I dread those awkward first weeks. Although i have been thinking it will be nice to be around people who don't know me and my previous eating habits. I can easily say "no, I don't really eat much chocolate" etc without anyone laughing in my face!

I calculated that I need to get to 11st 2lb to have lost 10% of my body weight. "Only" 7lb to go. That's a nice figure for my next mini-goal I think. I will add it to my list when I update my profile.

Anyway, enough nattering for one morning. Off to have a lovely glass of water!

Good for you for treating yourself to mani/pedi! I bet you look fab!

Hijack away my lovely! Everything you said makes exact sense. I am so guilty of the "well I've blown the diet today by eating a bar of chocolate so I might as well order a huge takeaway for dinner too". Especially during my many many WW days!

Luckily the party is 2hours max and in the morning. It's a good friend organising it so I know the format. It's a buffet style party with muffins, fruit salad, cake etc all spread on the table and guests can help themselves. Hubs and baba will be with me so I can easily pretend to be busy with baba while hubby eats! I'm sure a few polite people will try and give me food but I can easily decline. Definitely not even tempted to stray because I've known about this party since before I started my vlcd and always knew it would be an obstacle.

I like the picture idea! I'm frustrated actually- when hubby and I were on honeymoon in Thailand we were driven to a remote waterfall by a guide to go swimming. The guide took photos of us and one was of me in just a bikini, climbing over some rocks. My body was great (vain I know but I RARELY say that!) I was tanned and slim but muscular (I'll never be scrawny). I would love that photo as "thinspiration" but I cannot find it ANYWHERE! It's a digital snap so should be with the rest of our honeymoon snaps but it's no where to be found! Oh well, I'll just have to create a new photo when I'm looking HOT on the beach next summer!

That stinks about the photo!!! Hopefully you find! RawrGirl made the mistake of not having a single pic of her at 138, as she didn't think she was at goal, and only maintained that weight for a few months. So she has no idea how good she may have looked.

And by the way, you are not vain. We live in a world where it's so okay to publicly verbally bash our bodies, but heaven forbid if we say we like how we look, or to say, Wow, I look hot in this! Then were vain, conceited, and full of our selves. It makes RawrGirl mad. RawrGirl has 2 pics (she took of herself -- she is not very photogenic in candids, but somehow knows her own flattering angle or light), and thinks she looks quite pretty in them. Also, her wedding pics -- half of them she deleted because she thought she looked horrid, but the other half she feels she looks quite lovely in (despite being 153 pounds). She wore hair extensions, false eyelashes, and a corset, hehe. When she gets compliments on those pics, she smiles and says "thank you" as usual (but those times she actually inwardly agrees with the person, a very nice feeling!)

RawrGirl hopes that at goal weight, she will always feel that way. But she has struggled with feeling guilty about that. Last summer, a friend commented on how thin RawrGirl looked which only made her feel shame and want to point out a flaw, and she felt like she should have worn baggy clothes like usual instead of dressing up in a nice outfit. RawrGirl feels so self-conscious all the time, that when she does think she looks good, she feels as though she is contributing to someone else feeling bad about themselves, and then she feels bad about herself. She has wondered if she has self-sabotaged over this. :sigh:

She feels like she can't win. Like no matter what, she is not worth feeling good about herself. RawrGirl doesn't know if that is her own problem, or stems from father (very possibly), or from the media messages that basically imply you will never be good enough/thin enough/so don't fool yourself into thinking you are. Either way, RawrGirl hates it and hopes she can get over it and enjoy all her hard work!

Very glad to hear the party will be a snap!

RawrGirl said:
RawrGirl feels so self-conscious all the time, that when she does think she looks good, she feels as though she is contributing to someone else feeling bad about themselves, and then she feels bad about herself. She has wondered if she has self-sabotaged over this. :sigh:

She feels like she can't win. Like no matter what, she is not worth feeling good about herself. RawrGirl doesn't know if that is her own problem, or stems from father (very possibly), or from the media messages that basically imply you will never be good enough/thin enough/so don't fool yourself into thinking you are. Either way, RawrGirl hates it and hopes she can get over it and enjoy all her hard work!

Oh meet your sister! I'm always self-conscious. Even at home when there's no one around and I should be able to wear whatever I want, I make sure it's nothing that could possibly show off a lump or bump. I don't know where it stems from but I'm really hoping that it will improve when I'm slimmer. Maybe I'll just always feel fat in my head?! I hope not.

Day 12! Another good day yesterday although there weren't many temptations thank goodness. The party this morning will be a challenge but not too tough and probably a good way to ease me into social situations. Thank goodness for an active toddler to keep me busy. Wonder how many calories I burn a day chasing her around?!

Having trouble facing my 3rd shake of the day. I really just can't motivate myself to drink it and I don't feel any different when I don't. In fact id prefer not to drink any but that's ridculous. I'm really not hungry at all thanks to Ketosis. At th pharmacy on Monday I'm going to ask for a few sachets of soup. I absolutely loathed it 5 years ago but I'm keen to have something a little different and I've read here that if you make it piping hot, it's tolerable. At least have the spare shakes I've skipped in the evening if the soup is really hideous!

Another sneak peek at the scales today and I'm down another pound making it a total of 11 pounds so far and meaning i'm only 6 pounds away from losing 10% of my body weight. If I keep losing at this rate (which I'm pretty sure will slow soon) I could start a refeed in 2 more weeks. Trying not to get excited about that so I don't set myself up for disappointment.

12 days down, well done, it'll only get easier the longer you stick at it, despite only drinking shakes! Though I'm sure if you switch to those soups now and again will make it a bit more interesting. And 11 pounds in such a short time is quite an achievement, keep it up and you'll loose the 10% in no time at all.

Woohoo! Survived the party this morning. What's more, I really didn't want anything that was on offer. Granted it was all sweet (bran muffins, raisin scones, fruit salad, OJ and of course cake) but I just wasn't interested. If it had been sausages, bacon, eggs etc that might have been a different story. But hey, I survived my foray social situation. Because it was a kids' party everyone was too busy to notice I wasn't eating so I got away with my water and peppermint tea.

Treated myself to some new Rooibos teabags and sparkling water on the way home, to spice up my Saturday night (rocking!)

Have been craving pizza and garlic & cheese chips all bloody day. It's a killer. Saturday night would be traditional takeaway night for us (not every weekend) and I'm really missing it. How sad. Of course I just got in from playing with her majesty outside and what was in the letterbox? A takeaway pizza menu :( Straight in the bin needless to say! The old me would've said "that's a sign! Let's order!"

No plans tomorrow but might cook something nice for hubby as he's been so supportive.

My parents get back from holiday on Mon and I haven't seen them since I started. I really hope they see a difference. My mum is so sweet she'll tell me I look fab anyway!

You're doing excellent sweetie, really you are. It's great to hear you're resisting your cravings, I still struggle with that... I remember "treating myself" to a kebab for when I was watching the Olympic closing ceremony... felt rather guilty after, but I think you can allow yourself these occasional treats, just remember to get back on that horse straight after xx

WannaBe14Stone said:
You're doing excellent sweetie, really you are. It's great to hear you're resisting your cravings, I still struggle with that... I remember "treating myself" to a kebab for when I was watching the Olympic closing ceremony... felt rather guilty after, but I think you can allow yourself these occasional treats, just remember to get back on that horse straight after xx

Aw, thank you! Lovely to hear that from someone who's done so amazingly well! Bye bye moobies ;)

Hello pecs ;)

Well, when I've lost the weight and decide to go to the gym lol.

WannaBe14Stone said:
Hello pecs ;)

Well, when I've lost the weight and decide to go to the gym lol.

One step at a time! My boobies are shrinking too unfortunately, hubby not impressed ;)

Small victory!

16 days ago we went to a wedding. It was only a few days after we had returned from a holiday (where I ate what I wanted, and more) Anyway, I tried on the dress I was planning to wear to the wedding and DISASTER, it was too tight across the hips and bum and looked awful. What a wake up call, that dress has never been tight. I had to head out the day before the wedding and buy a new dress and even then, found it difficult to pick something that didn't make me look like a blob. I was thoroughly miserable at the wedding as I was surrounded by fab looking women. Even the pregnant ladies looked better than me :( I think this was one of the main events that led me to starting this vlcd. We hadn't seen a lot of our friends in months and all I could think was that they probably couldn't believe how fat I'd gotten.

Anyway... I tried on that dress tonight and it FITS AGAIN! Perfectly! Zipped straight up and looked fab. Yippee. I didn't buy this dress at my slimmest but at least I know I'm no longer at my biggest.

Only problem is that hubby and I have absolutely NO functions until at least after Xmas! No weddings, no parties, no nothing. I really want to show off my new figure at something dammit!!

Back