Mission Possible

Day 17 on food strike! Woke up thirsty this morning, so I DEFINITELY didn't drink enough water yesterday. Will rectify this today. Sneaky weigh in showed I'm down 0.6lb which is better than nothing but I have a feeling I'm retaining water.

No big exercise plans for the next few days due to my sister's visit but luckily the dog always needs a walk so that will get me out and moving and burning a few calories.

Having fun going through my wardrobe and finding clothes that haven't fit since pre-pregnancy/pre-year long pig out! Doesn't mean I won't go shopping when I hit goal though!

Hope everyone has a great day. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Half a pound is still a decent weight loss - water retention or not. Remember, it all adds up in the end!

Going through old clothes and finding they fit again is the best feeling in the world isn't it? It's like clothes shopping for free haha x

tweekedgirl said:
Half a pound is still a decent weight loss - water retention or not. Remember, it all adds up in the end!

Going through old clothes and finding they fit again is the best feeling in the world isn't it? It's like clothes shopping for free haha x

Thanks tweekedgirl! You're right, I mustn't grumble, and shouldn't really be watching the scales either! I'd forgotten half the clothes in my wardrobe, it's great! X

Yea to trying on new clothes! Ironically, RawrGirl's post-pregnancy clothes are the ones she is hoping to fit into someday, as the months following her son's birth is when she got to her thinnest. She will be in shock if and when she can finally fit into those jeans again! Patience...patience...patience...

Hiya, just been reading your diary and your loss so far is amazing. Can't believe how quick you have lost a stone.

I also am trying to reclaim my body after pregnancy. I've lost 2 stone have another 1stone ish to lose but I'm back in my pre preg stuff and it feels great doesn't it! I remember thinking I suddenly have a whole new wardrobe! I've also bought a load of stuff on eBay in size 14 as I'm hoping to get down to a 12 eventually so didn't want to spend a fortune. Anyway good luck and I hope you don't mind me posting in your diary.

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Hiya, just been reading your diary and your loss so far is amazing. Can't believe how quick you have lost a stone.

I also am trying to reclaim my body after pregnancy. I've lost 2 stone have another 1stone ish to lose but I'm back in my pre preg stuff and it feels great doesn't it! I remember thinking I suddenly have a whole new wardrobe! I've also bought a load of stuff on eBay in size 14 as I'm hoping to get down to a 12 eventually so didn't want to spend a fortune. Anyway good luck and I hope you don't mind me posting in your diary.

Of course I don't mind you posting, I love to hear from others on here! Well done on getting so far and getting back into pre pregnancy clothes! I just got to the stage where baby was too old for me to use her as an excuse for my excess weight anymore. Best of luck with your last bit, hope it comes off quickly for you. I love the eBay idea, never thought of looking on there! X

RawrGirl said:
Yea to trying on new clothes! Ironically, RawrGirl's post-pregnancy clothes are the ones she is hoping to fit into someday, as the months following her son's birth is when she got to her thinnest. She will be in shock if and when she can finally fit into those jeans again! Patience...patience...patience...

You will get there my dear! We will get there together! Soon, I hope!

Good day today. Made sure to drink plenty of water. Was plenty of temptation though! Was over at my parents' house and because my sister is visiting my mum has been baking. Made me realise how much I pick when I'm over there! Gutted because my dad has experimented and pickled his own eggs and onions- I love pickled onions and have always wanted to try pickled eggs but I guess I'll have to wait :( I'm there all day tomorrow so will have to bring my lunch time shake and sneak it down at some stage!

Night night all! X

Good day today. Made sure to drink plenty of water. Was plenty of temptation though! Was over at my parents' house and because my sister is visiting my mum has been baking. Made me realise how much I pick when I'm over there! Gutted because my dad has experimented and pickled his own eggs and onions- I love pickled onions and have always wanted to try pickled eggs but I guess I'll have to wait :( I'm there all day tomorrow so will have to bring my lunch time shake and sneak it down at some stage!

Night night all! X

Wow...that must have been hard. Good for you! RawrGirl is very proud of her friend.

RawrGirl tried on my OLD Navy 8's...they don't seem to fit any better than last week...barely snap, major muffin top. It's been a tough week not having the scale, she feels like there's no progress. She's only supposed to take measurements every two weeks, but has a sneaky suspicion that she'll be digging out the measuring tape tomorrow weekend. Lol, RawrGirl has merely substituted scales addiction for measuring tape addiction.

RawrGirl said:
Wow...that must have been hard. Good for you! RawrGirl is very proud of her friend.

RawrGirl tried on my OLD Navy 8's...they don't seem to fit any better than last week...barely snap, major muffin top. It's been a tough week not having the scale, she feels like there's no progress. She's only supposed to take measurements every two weeks, but has a sneaky suspicion that she'll be digging out the measuring tape tomorrow weekend. Lol, RawrGirl has merely substituted scales addiction for measuring tape addiction.

Thanks RawrGirl! Proud of myself too! (Trying to be less self-deprecating these days!)

Feeling like i've hit a stand-still too as you'll see in my next post. At least we have each other and minimins so we WILL NOT throw it all away by having a big blow out! Definitely what I would've done in the past!

Day 18 and fed up. As you know I'm still in 100% TFR (besides snacking in pancetta in my dreams, drool) and the scales haven't budged this morning. I am stuck in a Groundhog Day of 11st5lb. Very frustrating when I know I haven't cheated (despite huge temptations!) and I drank plenty of water yesterday. I'm really hoping it's due to hormones etc. I really can't be on Lipotrim forever waiting for my weight to drop to a healthy range. COME ON SCALES!!

In other news, have been invited to a friend's 30th party on Oct 20th so that gives me a social event to unveil my weight loss to a lot of people. And a great excuse to shop for a new dress. Not likely won't be at goal at the rate I'm going but ill certainly be a lot slimmer than the last time I saw a lot of these people, yippee! This really shows how far I've come. Usually as soon as I receive an invitation to something like this, I'm thinking of excuses not to go as I'd be far too fat and have nothing to wear!

Happy Friday everyone. X

Day 18 and fed up. As you know I'm still in 100% TFR (besides snacking in pancetta in my dreams, drool) and the scales haven't budged this morning. I am stuck in a Groundhog Day of 11st5lb. Very frustrating when I know I haven't cheated (despite huge temptations!) and I drank plenty of water yesterday. I'm really hoping it's due to hormones etc. I really can't be on Lipotrim forever waiting for my weight to drop to a healthy range. COME ON SCALES!!

In other news, have been invited to a friend's 30th party on Oct 20th so that gives me a social event to unveil my weight loss to a lot of people. And a great excuse to shop for a new dress. Not likely won't be at goal at the rate I'm going but ill certainly be a lot slimmer than the last time I saw a lot of these people, yippee! This really shows how far I've come. Usually as soon as I receive an invitation to something like this, I'm thinking of excuses not to go as I'd be far too fat and have nothing to wear!

Happy Friday everyone. X

Sorry you feel fed up. RawrGirl is feeling the same this morning...not having scales. The party sounds very exciting! Be sure to post pics of you in the dress you buy! What fun. Wish we could go shopping together!

RawrGirl said:
Sorry you feel fed up. RawrGirl is feeling the same this morning...not having scales. The party sounds very exciting! Be sure to post pics of you in the dress you buy! What fun. Wish we could go shopping together!

Oh I'll make sure to take pics. Hopefully I won't e hiding from the camera at that stage *fingers and toes crossed tightly* Shame we can't go shopping together but we will be able to tell each other all our NSV's in shops we'd avoided until now! X

A good day and bad day in equal measures. Exhausted! It was great from the point of view that I got to spend the day over at my mum's with her, my sister and teeny baby nephew. It was so tough though- there were lots of visitors popping in so my mum had the table laid with mini carrot cupcakes, brownies, little miniature pancakes with butter and jam, and her specialty- Mars Bar biscuits (rice krispies mixed with melted mars bars, then topped with a think layer of chocolate!) Of course I couldn't touch a thing so had water and peppermint tea. Didn't even manage my shake because my sister was there and is a nurse and I just didn't want to have to explain the whole diet to her (and try to justify it!). So I haven't had anything in 9 hours and am grumpy as hell. Going to have a nice bath then i'll have some of the soup. What I would do for a takeaway though! Hubby is at a work BBQ so I'm home alone with sick bubba. She's gone to bed now THANK GOD but has been miserable and clingy all day. Not her fault as she's feeling rotten and has a big tooth on the way, but it's tough going when you have no one to share her with! He will be getting full duties at the weekend!

Back to parents' house tomorrow for the day I've been dreading since I started this diet. My dad went shopping and I nearly cried!! Cocktail sausages in an amazing sesame and honey marinade, cold meats, coleslaw, etc etc. plus chocolate cake for my sis-in-law's bday. Aargh! Getting through the day without eating is manageable but I also have to avoid my brother's eagle eye. He'll notice I'm not eating for sure. I know I can nibble some meat if I'm desperate and hopefully not knock myself out of ketosis, but it's been such a crappy week weight-loss wise that I don't want to lose NOTHING at weigh-in on Monday night. I really would be devastated, as I dont want to be on Lipotrim for longer than necessary.

Anyway, early night tonight and off for haircut in the morning so hopefully that will cheer me up!

Will update tomorrow evening to let you know if I survived! Honestly, this weekend I think I'm right up there with ***** in the desert being tempted by Satan himself...!

Night night folks. X

Omg I can't believe you resisted all that. Mars bar cake is my weakness!! Much respect! How tomorrow goes well too and noone noticed your not eating. Can you do the trick of putting stuff on a plate then walking off to another room and then mislaying it?

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
Omg I can't believe you resisted all that. Mars bar cake is my weakness!! Much respect! How tomorrow goes well too and noone noticed your not eating. Can you do the trick of putting stuff on a plate then walking off to another room and then mislaying it?

Thanks Hannahsmum! I know, the mars biccies were calling my name! Torture!

My plan is to fill my plate with things my little one can eat and feed her on my lap, pretending to share. Hubby may end up eating a double meal too but he's hungover today so he won't complain! X

Well here I am at the party and it IS torture. So far I've avoided the following: (sorry if this makes anyone hungry but it keeps my hands busy!)

Crab claws
Crab mayonnaise
Potato salad
Cocktail sausages
Smoked salmon
Prawn cocktail
Pizza
Fresh bread and butter
Chocolate cake
Strawberries and ice cream

Nobody's noticed I'm not eating because I've entertained the kids, woohoo! Bloody tough going. Especially as I keep thinking that if I was on any other diet I could've had a small bit to eat. But being honest, I wouldn't have been able to stop myself after a small bit!

Back