Mission Possible

Well done for resisting all that! Was just checking in to see how it was going. Keep going. Tonight you will feels so virtuous when you know you resisted! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I survived!! Yippee! Just home and had a sachet of soup (my last shake was at 11am, it's 6pm-ish now!) and feeling very proud of myself. If I can survive that I can survive anything in the near future.

Even had to watch hubby eating leftovers for his dinner! I'm just hoping its worth it on Monday evening when I weigh in. I've been 100% this week but it's been slow weightloss wise. However, I got my haircut today (love it!) so maybe that'll send the scales in the right direction?!!

Thanks for all your support folks. X

Thanks so much ladies! Feeling very virtuous today! Hope you both have a lovely Sunday. X

Day 20 and what I would give for some food. ANY food! Luckily I weighed myself this morning and am down to 11st 2.4lb which means I only have 0.4lb to go before I've lost 10% of my body weight (my next goal!). So there is no possibility of me cheating. Plus, once I get to 11st2lb, I'm only 3lb away from the 10's! I cannot remember the last time I was in the 10's. At least 4 years ago I think. Yes, it's been a slow week but hopefully next week might be avoid week to cheer me up.

No food torture planned for today thank God! Dreamed of food all night long and felt so awful for cheating. At one stage I was at a wedding cake tasting and I was thinking "How can I NOT eat at this?!"

Did some reading on the refeeding week in the Lipotrim booklet last night and I have to admit in kind of scared. It will be tougher than I thought moving from the strict discipline of TFR to reintroducing food. The refeed week is clearly laid out in the book but I suppose what scares me is moving on from that. I have worked so hard to get this far and I don't want to be one of those clichès that piles the weight back on plus more. I think I'll rejoin WW (easiest plan for whole family to follow) and up my exercise and pray that I don't get complacent (or greedy). I will stay here and continue my diary and set myself new goals. And I will expect a virtual slap on the wrist from you lot if I stray!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. X

Faith_111 said:
I do think that refeed is the hardest part of a vlcd sadly :( However, if you follow your plan correctly and don't cheat much, you'll be fine. We'll all be here to crack the whip if you get out of hand! Hehe x

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Thanks my lovely, that's what I need-a kick up the (hopefully scrawny) butt! I know friends and family could be my downfall once I'm eating again (either intentionally or unintentionally!) x

I'm not much good for advice on refeeding but of you are looking for a family friendly way of eating then I think slimming world fits in really well. Hubby loves it as can eat all the pasta, rice and potatoes he likes. If you cook from scratch then it's a pretty easy plan to follow.

hannahsmumwillshrink said:
I'm not much good for advice on refeeding but of you are looking for a family friendly way of eating then I think slimming world fits in really well. Hubby loves it as can eat all the pasta, rice and potatoes he likes. If you cook from scratch then it's a pretty easy plan to follow.

Oh great, thank you! Torn between WW and SW at the moment as I know WW well and it's within walking distance, whereas SW is a drive away and a little bit new and scary! Although maybe new is what I need so I can't cheat?!! Has your hubby lost any weight (or does he need to?) My hubby could do with losing a stone!

My hubby started properly in march and has lost 3stone! It's not fair I started in oct and have lost 2st. But yes he did need to lose it and now he's at target and maintaining. He seems to find it pretty simple, still has his big blow out curry at the weekend. The main thing is now he is snacking on healthy stuff that fills you up. I like Sw because if you are hungry you can eat, as long as its te right type of foods and there is plenty of them to choose from. ( fruit, veg, lean meat, ff yogs etc) but the meals are stuff i used to make just cooked a bit differently and bulked out with veg so perfect for the kids. With Ww I foun I was starving as I'd run out of points.

Last edited:
My hubby started properly in march and has lost 3stone! It's not fair I started in oct and have lost 2st. But yes he did need to lose it and now he's at target and maintaining. He seems to find it pretty simple, still has his big blow out curry at the weekend. The main thing is now he is snacking on healthy stuff that fills you up. I like Sw because if you are hungry you can eat, as long as its te right type of foods and there is plenty of them to choose from. ( fruit, veg, lean meat, ff yogs etc) but the meals are stuff i used to make just cooked a bit differently and bulked out with veg so perfect for the kids. With Ww I foun I was starving as I'd run out of points.

Ah that's great for your husband! So unfair, men always seem to lose weight more easily! Will suss out SW a bit more. WW changed recently though (I'm a veteran at this stage!!) and all fruits and veg are free finally! I used to resent using point for an apple when it could've been a Chomp or Curly Wurly! X

I haven't done ww since the new plan came out so maybe it's a bit more flexible.

By the rate your going it won't be long :) x

I really hope so. Cannot wait to actually EAT something! Hope my mouth remembers how to chew...!

Haha! Im sure it will.

I've never really looked into the TFr diets. What made you choose it

It's funny- it's a mix of laziness and determination in equal measures I suppose! I found that with other diets, I'd get to around 7lbs off and get fed up with the slow results (because I still had so much to lose). I'd then fall back into bad habits, start comfort eating and it would spiral out of control until I'd gained even more weight. I did Lipotrim before my wedding 5 years ago and knew it worked (unfortunately honeymoon and married life led to me not maintaining my loss and my weight slowly crept up 2 stone over the next 5 years). I just got to the point last month where I was completely fed up with myself, the way I looked and felt, and how I felt others viewed me, and that was it. I found a very local pharmacy that ran the Lipotrim programme and I signed up immediately. I'm hoping once this weight comes off that I will be more successful at maintaining it with a healthier lifestyle (for me and my family).

What diet are you following? X

Sorry, stupid question! You're doing SW aren't you?!

Lol, yes :)

I've struggled with my weight since my teens really. When I went to uni I gained 2 stone due to not having anyone to tell me u couldn't eat chocolate every day! Lol.

I tried Ww and calorie counting but I struggled to loose more than half a stone like you. I got bored. At 21 I left a relationship which left me pretty low in confidence and 12at 2. I still remember that weight. I started running and lost 2.5st. I felt great then quite quickly met my hubby to be and slowly gained 2st again. I lost half a st for my wedding 4 yes ago but came back from honey moon with mor than that gained! Then I got pregnant and breast fed which helped me lose most of my baby weight while eating loads and loads. ESP loads of chocolate. So when I stopped feeding I found it hard to give up the high calorie diet and my weight went up to 13st 8. Which just quite frankly was awful. I have lost 2 st now and I'm aiming initially for 11stone but maybe 10 7 as I think this may be best for my height and also best chance if maintaining. I worry if I am for 10st I'd struggle to stay there.

Sounds very familiar! I breast fed up to 2 months ago and ate like a pig! I found I didn't gain much weight, but certainly didn't lose any (and I ate a LOT when I was pregnant!) I'm hoping too be a lot more healthy next time I get pregnant as not find myself in this horrible situation again :(

Back