Mission Possible

I understand and totally sympathise with the panic of it all. You work so hard, it's all SO mentally draining and tough and then... you get there! And then you put on a pound or two. It's an ongoing battle for sure.

I know I sound very bossy and blunt sometimes so sorry about that. I'm not the pink and fluffy type. Someone called me rude this morning actually. can you believe that? :D

I understand and totally sympathise with the panic of it all. You work so hard, it's all SO mentally draining and tough and then... you get there! And then you put on a pound or two. It's an ongoing battle for sure.

I know I sound very bossy and blunt sometimes so sorry about that. I'm not the pink and fluffy type. Someone called me rude this morning actually. can you believe that? :D

Ah ha ha! Don't apologise. You're right to be blunt, with me anyway. If you were pink and fluffy with me I'd be heading back to my miserable fat self! Sometimes people need to be told the truth, even if it's not what they WANT to hear. People pussy foot around fat people too much in my opinion, which just enables them. And by saying fat people, I include myself.

I don't think you're rude, I think you're honest and helpful. And also you have great experience so you are right to share it! You skinny Minnie you! X

Oh folk completely pussyfoot around fat people for sure. It's all ' never mind hun' when they've put of 5lbs because they ate Minstrels every day or ' that's REALLY good ' when they have a STS for the third week running due to over consumption of Kettle chips. I just don't find that helpful - far better is a practical approach - pink and fluffy doesn't knock weight off!

Having said that though, I know how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. When I started at over 15 stone I lost 3 stone through healthy eating and a Personal Trainer and then got stuck at 12 stone 4 - it was a VLCD that knocked off another two stone and then calorie counting to where I am now. And I STILL have 'the fear' about putting on weight. I am a compulsive eater, not so much emotionally, but definitely binge tendencies which I struggle with still on a regular basis.

I've also been here twice before. Never overweight until I put on 6 stone at 26 with my first pregnancy... lost it all and then had another baby 6 years ago and put back on 5 or so stone.. and only just got it all off again. So there is never room for complacency which I finally understand.

We are all slave to the scales I guess. I don't feel skinny particularly although I know I am slim now. My brain still thinks fat.

Greta -- RawrGirl agrees with everyone else, she doesn't think you're rude (and she's read a lot of your posts!). As for the "fat" brain, RawrGirl suggests taking LOTS of pics and posting them all over the house to remind you of how great you look!

Squishy -- Don't panic, sweetie. (RawrGirl should talk, she was going quite a bit of pacing last night fretting over 10-day holiday). RawrGirl has said over and over -- get rid of the scale. It is panic/stress -inducing. Once a month max is all you need esp since you know you keep track of your eating. If RawrGirl knew what she "gained" over Thanksgiving, and then saw it stay (or even more gain), while she was sick, she'd be an emotional wreck right now, probably would have ordered pizza over the weekend, and felt like a hopeless blog. Instead, since for all she knows she is instantly right back to 138.5, she jumped right back in the moment she felt better (and did low-carb while sick).

Where is my friend, the Not-So-Squishy? RawrGirl hopes she's okay!

Hello hello! I'm here! Just busy busy settling the little one into crèche (daycare!) this week. Luckily it's going fine so far. Also busy strictly counting my cals and exercising to try and shift this bloat ;)

I've cut down to 1200 per day for the week to see how I get on, as 1600 was probably too high a jump from 500! Feeling quite hungry though so I am eating back my exercise calories. I have a meal and drinks on Sat night that I won't be counting but besides that it will be a good week. If some or all of my water weight is gone by weigh in on Monday, I will up my cals slightly! X

Oh dear. I seem to have picked up the Winter Vomiting Bug. :(

Little lady has had diarrhoea for a few days but has been in good form and no puking. But since lunch I've been feeling queasy and I've just vomited A LOT into the kitchen sink. Can I just tell you that cherry Jell-o a) tastes the same on the way back up, and b) looks like blood when vomited!! Sorry if TMI.

The thing is I NEVER vomit. Even when others have a bug and I catch it, it only effects the "other end" for me. So this must be bad if I'm puking.

Anyway, kickboxing cancelled. And dinner! Will have a hot bath when the little one has gone to bed, and then take it very easy for the evening.

On the bright side, I can't even look at food! X

So sorry you are not feeling well! That is sooooo odd about the never puking/just the "other end", because RawrGirl is EXACTLY the same. Prince Charming and son can catch something nasty and be puking every few hours and RawrGirl never even feels nauseated. You must be RawrGirl's long-lost twin!

Hope you feel better soon!!!! :character00264:

(RawrGirl was looking for a smiley that gave flowers, but she found this one and thought it was so cute she had to share.)

So sorry you are not feeling well! That is sooooo odd about the never puking/just the "other end", because RawrGirl is EXACTLY the same. Prince Charming and son can catch something nasty and be puking every few hours and RawrGirl never even feels nauseated. You must be RawrGirl's long-lost twin!

Hope you feel better soon!!!! :character00264:

(RawrGirl was looking for a smiley that gave flowers, but she found this one and thought it was so cute she had to share.)

Oh I love the smiley! Never even noticed that one before!

How funny- we are so similar! Even when I was pregnant and felt like spewing for the first 12 weeks, I only got sick once and this was because I took my pregnancy vitamin on an empty stomach. In fact, that's the last time I got sick, 2 years ago!

Terrible night's sleep, I'd say I got 4 hours in total. Luckily the little one has a full day in crèche today so I can take it easy. Have some shopping with my mum planned but nothing too strenuous. Then home to bed I think. X

Sorry to hear you're not feeling better. RawrGirl never had morning sickness either...and ironically, her own mother had it the whole 9 months with all 3 of her kids. When RawrGirl was 3, she would bring her 1 year-old brother and the diapers over to the floor by the couch where her mom would lean over and change him (while pregnant with their sister) as she was too sick to do anything but lay there.

Have fun shopping (and tell us what you bought) and feel better soon!

Hello all! Feeling much better today. Still not back to normal but getting there. Hope to be 100% tomorrow as I have a girly night with dinner and drinks to look forward to and don't want to be ill at that!

Diet-wise I've been under 1200 cals each day and a sneak peek on the scales this morning made me smile ;)

Exercise has been fairly non-existent besides walking the dog and cleaning the house. May shred in the morning, depending on how I'm feeling!

Didn't buy much for myself in the shops. Was picking up some clothes for the little lady to wear to crèche, ones that can get dirty etc without me worrying about stains!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. X

Well girly night was a disaster :( I'm so disappointed as I was really looking forward to it. I was feeling much better on Sat, back to normal. Had porridge for breakfast and then we brought her majesty to see Santa and for convenience an as a treat, hubby and I had MacDonalds. Huge mistake. I obviously wasn't back to 100% even though I felt it, and after eating my stomach bloated beyond belief. I wish I'd taken a picture as I'm not lying when I say I looked at least 6 months pregnant. It was rock hard and so uncomfortable. I kept doing these burps that tasted and smelled of sulphur (rotten eggs). Sorry if TMI! Anyway, I called to the pharmacist who gave me some tablets to try. By the time I was going out to meet the girls the tablets hasn't worked and I was in a worse state. I stopped by another pharmacy and got something else to try. I met the girls and managed one Mojito cocktail before dinner. Was feeling ok when we sat down to order, and I even ordered and tasted the wine. But by the time the food arrived I felt so bloated and nauseous that I couldn't eat. I had two slices of garlic mushroom and that was all I could manage. What made it worse was all this food sitting in front of me and having to watch the girls eat! All I wanted to do was go home and cry. Self pity much?!! Anyway, I lasted until after the meal and headed home. Of course when I got into bed, I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. I eventually got an hour's sleep and then began the two hourly trips to the bathroom (I won't go into detail!)

Needless to say I am wiped out today. Everything seems to have calmed down so that I'm just left with nausea for now. I really hope that this bug disappears soon. I suppose the only thing to look forward to is weigh-in tomorrow? Mind you, that won't be very enjoyable if I bloat up again today!

It's nap time here soon and we were hoping to maybe decorate the house. We may wait until Wednesday when the little one is back in crèche though.

Hope everyone else had a more successful weekend! Sorry for the moan. X

Good morning all!

You'll be glad to hear that I got a good night's sleep and I'm feeling refreshed and a lot better! So no moaning in today's entry. Still not 100% but getting there. Yippee!

So it's Monday morning, weigh-in day. And I have a lot to thank the stomach bug for by the looks of it. I'm down to 9st 10.4lb (136.4lb) I've finally shifted another inch of my hips. They were stuck at 35 for weeks but are down to 34. My navel has gone up an inch to 32 but this is just bloating from the bug so I'm not concerned. My waist (narrowest point) is down to 27.5. Yippee!

Went food shopping yesterday and the house is stocked with good foods for the next few days. Have my meals planned out. I was on 1200 cals per day for the last week (besides the sickest days!) but am upping this this week to 1340 (GretaGrip I can hear you gasp!!) My plan is to slowly up my cals until I'm at 20% below my TDEE. This is something I've been reading up on thanks to the helpful ladies on the Calorie Counting thread and it makes a lot of sense to me. Yes I may gain in the first few weeks as my body adjusts but realistically this will come off once I stick to it. I probably won't up them fully until after Xmas.

My plan for Xmas is to have a few days off and relax on calorie counting. Having said that, I'm a lot more aware of what I'm eating nowadays so besides Xmas and Boxing Day I won't be going completely off the rails!

Going to go kickboxing tonight and see how I get on. I can take it easy if needs be but I want to be there as I have my grading exam in a week. Eek!

Have a great week everyone.

GASP

< Clutches self >

Yay for stomach bugs! They're fantastic if they don't leave you completely illing. Not so good if you feel like death whilst in the depths of suffering. So a mixture of sympathies and congratulations!

What is your ultimate goal? I think i have reached mine but it feels odd not to have anything to aim for anymore. Apart from maintenance that is!

Yes, 1340 sounds good - just be careful not to exceed and maybe stay at the level now until Christmas - that will see you maintaining at the very least and more than likely knock off a few more lbs.

Go go Squishlet!

GASP

< Clutches self >

Yay for stomach bugs! They're fantastic if they don't leave you completely illing. Not so good if you feel like death whilst in the depths of suffering. So a mixture of sympathies and congratulations!

What is your ultimate goal? I think i have reached mine but it feels odd not to have anything to aim for anymore. Apart from maintenance that is!

Yes, 1340 sounds good - just be careful not to exceed and maybe stay at the level now until Christmas - that will see you maintaining at the very least and more than likely knock off a few more lbs.

Go go Squishlet!

Hee hee Greta!

Yes, the only thing that got me through the bug was the inevitable weight loss!

My ultimate goal always changes. I'm well past my original but my most recent thoughts are 1) Get to 9st 5lb which equals 3 stone lost since Sept. After that I am toying with the idea of 2) getting to 8st 13, just to say I weigh 8st something! Not that I discuss my weight with anyone except on here, but I'd like to know in my head that I'm 8st something, if that makes sense?!! Pure vanity I suppose, making up for years of hiding myself and being a fatty!

The plan was 1340 right up to Xmas. Great minds think alike eh?! Just gives me a bit more wiggle room than 1200 if I don't get to do a huge amount of exercise each day.

Ah yes the holy grail of 8 stone something! I teaches that last weekend and felt a small sense of achievement . Alas it's too low for me- only by a few lbs but it's not a ' good ' look really - although it's psychologically a good place to be .

I think - after having been around this weight for 8 or so weeks, I'm happy at 9 stone 2. I cut back when I see 9 stone 4 or 5 - meaning that I'm never more than 3 or 4 days away from my ideal weight if that makes sense ? I'd rather that than completely relax , never weigh and then one day hopping on the scales to see I'm 10 and a half stone or something - and suddenly it's a stone and a half to lose as opposed to 3lbs.

That's the thinking behind it anyway. Time will tell. If I can make it the reality

Ah yes the holy grail of 8 stone something! I teaches that last weekend and felt a small sense of achievement . Alas it's too low for me- only by a few lbs but it's not a ' good ' look really - although it's psychologically a good place to be .

I think - after having been around this weight for 8 or so weeks, I'm happy at 9 stone 2. I cut back when I see 9 stone 4 or 5 - meaning that I'm never more than 3 or 4 days away from my ideal weight if that makes sense ? I'd rather that than completely relax , never weigh and then one day hopping on the scales to see I'm 10 and a half stone or something - and suddenly it's a stone and a half to lose as opposed to 3lbs.

That's the thinking behind it anyway. Time will tell. If I can make it the reality

Yes, this makes complete sense to me. My plan is to religiously weigh in on a Monday morning, as I have done since I started, so there's no hiding from a gain. Better to catch it early than to let it spiral out of control.

Squishy!!!

Congrats on your measurements! You are so skinny with your 27.5 waist! You really need to change your name to Skinny McFitterson. :D

RawrGirl is so sorry to hear girl's night was a disaster. Those times don't come around often enough and it stinks to be sick. So sorry!

BTW -- RawrGirl was able to sell some stuff and pick up her coat. She posted pics on her diary if you want to see. :)

Back