Mission Slim-possible! (Shivie's Journey)

Oh great idea! That gives you something to aim for which is always a good incentive to stay on track.
I'm actually not from here but commute up to work each day from County Meath.
Can't even remember when I last went out up here! Flippin' recession eh!
There's not a whole lot in the city centre really (i.e. O'Connell Street) Murray's and Grand Central (pubs) are the nicest.
Temple Bar is usually a lively area for going out, there's lots of pubs and restaurants, traditional & modern.
If you're into museums Collins Barracks Museum and the National History Museum are great and there's a Writer's Museum
if you're into literature (James Joyce etc.)!!
You could take the DART (local train) North out to Howth and walk on the cliffs (there are nice pubs & restaurants there too)
or South out to Dalkey or Dun Laoghaire or as far as Bray.
And I think you can do boat trips on the Liffey out to Ireland's Eye...must do that myself sometime!
Get yourself a tourist map in the tourist office on O'Connell St. as soon as you get here and that'll give you lots of ideas.
You'll have great "craic" anyway whatever you get up to!!

Wow an amazing reply! I'll definitely take note of all of that. So excited :)! I'm planning on getting the bus to the airport on the way home...are they reliable/not terribly expensive? I get so anxious travelling...when I'm there im fine though x

There's a good bus service from O'Connell Street (the number 747 bus) to the airport which takes
just under an hour so leave enough time to check in etc! The fare is €6.00 (about £5.00)
Am posting the link below...if it doesn't work just Google "747 dublin bus"
If you need to know anything else just ask! x

747 - Dublin Bus

Shivie said:
There's a good bus service from O'Connell Street (the number 747 bus) to the airport which takes
just under an hour so leave enough time to check in etc! The fare is EUR6.00 (about £5.00)
Am posting the link below...if it doesn't work just Google "747 dublin bus"
If you need to know anything else just ask! x

747 - Dublin Bus

You've been amazing! That's not bad, a lot cheaper than a taxi I imagine!
I'm sure I'll be asking you loads haha, thanks a lot lovely x

You're most welcome! They can't say I don't do my bit to promote tourism!!! Ask away sweetie x

Everyone's peeling off the layers! Great that you guys have the same. Long may it last...:character00238:

Lol thanks hun I hope so too!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had a cheeky day off today!!! It was ace!!!

Luch in town and playing with the pups!!! In the Sunshine!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!

I had a cheeky day off today!!! It was ace!!!

Luch in town and playing with the pups!!! In the Sunshine!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!

Awww bet they loved having their mistress for extra fun time!

Well the sun's still shining and I'm feeling very positive today! Almost 1.5l of H2O down me and just
about to make some spicy spaghetti for lunch in work....yum.
Started painting my hall the last two evenings so will have plenty to keep me occupied for the
weekend when I'm away from the work computer and this forum.
Can't wait til Monday for weigh in! Imagine...never thought I'd be wishing a weekend away!!
I'll be so chuffed if I can get down to 154lbs for the wedding Saturday week.
The dress is in the dry cleaners (only wore it once for a wedding a few years ago).
Didn't fit it on yet so fingers crossed it'll fit perfectly and I won't have a mad dash to the shops!

Hope everyone has that Friday feeling! xx

Well the sun's still shining and I'm feeling very positive today! Almost 1.5l of H2O down me and just
about to make some spicy spaghetti for lunch in work....yum.
Started painting my hall the last two evenings so will have plenty to keep me occupied for the
weekend when I'm away from the work computer and this forum.
Can't wait til Monday for weigh in! Imagine...never thought I'd be wishing a weekend away!!
I'll be so chuffed if I can get down to 154lbs for the wedding Saturday week.
The dress is in the dry cleaners (only wore it once for a wedding a few years ago).
Didn't fit it on yet so fingers crossed it'll fit perfectly and I won't have a mad dash to the shops!

Hope everyone has that Friday feeling! xx

Hey roll on Monday!! Finally got 5 minutes to catch up on others diaries. Well done for getting back in the zone xxxx

Thanks Kacey! Took what seemed like forever to just get my head in the right place....hopefully my body will follow through too!
Going to pop out to the shop for an ice-cold Coke Zero now methinks! Mmm refreshing!

Cheers Dee! Hope I can make my wedding mini-goal by next Saturday! Please please please.....

Shivie said:
Cheers Dee! Hope I can make my wedding mini-goal by next Saturday! Please please please.....

You will! Positive thoughts :D!!

Ta luv! I'm so determined not to ruin it this time!
If the zip goes all the way up on the dress when I try it on next Tues when I collect it from dry cleaners
I'll be doing my happy dance all around the room!
That's mini-goal one.
Two is to try and get another 8lbs (at least) off before hols on 23rd June (and to not to gain too much that week!)
Then it's all about getting to my main goal.

BRING IT ON!!!

Cheers hun and I in you! x Let's DO THIS!!

Back