Mission Slim-possible! (Shivie's Journey)

Well lovelies it's been a whole month now, I can't quite get my head around that!
Bit apprehensive about the scale-monster tomorrow as totm is just gonna kick in any minute
judging by the pulling and twisting Mother Nature is inflicting on my poor insides! B**ch!
Knowing my luck I'll balloon into a blimp overnight!

Wish me luck anyway!

Hope everyone's getting through the week okay and staying on track xx

Good luck hun im sure you will be fine :D God im glad i dont get totm lol xxx

Good luck hun im sure you will be fine :D God im glad i dont get totm lol xxx

Cheers Stef! Lucky you! Just dosed myself with Panadol so the pain's dulling now hooray!
Early night with a hot-water bottle and a book methinks!
Though I did promise my landing walls I'd finish painting them this evening....we'll see. They've waited this long,
another day won't hurt!

Are ya shredding again tonight or does Jillian allow a down day to recover??!!

How long do you do it for each time? x

Last edited:
Ohhh that plan sounds good!! Im deffo sure the walls can wait haha.
Yep ive shredded today, no the stupid woman doesnt allow a break lol full 30 days 20 minutes per day, 20 mins doesnt sound much, but it feels like 2 hours lol xx

Last edited:
Wow, you go girl! I couldn't commit myself to every day (lazy moi) so hats off to you!
I imagine 20 mins of sheer torture would feel like hours indeed!
Maybe it helps that she's such a pushy so-and-so, you'd kind of feel like saying "I'll show you, you cow! I can do this!"
Must google shredding and see if youtube have any excerpts from the dvd so I can see what you have to go through! x

Lol believe me i dont want to do it, i hate exercising, but i need to tone up, i feel very uncomfortable now, so needs must lol
The levels are on youtube :D
I had her on mute today! Im Sick of muttering under my breath cursing her and telling her to shove it where the sun doesnt shine ha!! xxx

Shivie said:
He's a native of my original local town of Mullingar. So we have Joe Dolan, Bressie, Niall Horan & now an
Olympic medallist!! Not bad for a county people still think is just the west part of Meath! Grrrrr!!!

Ah Shivie, you forgot Tommy & Jimmy Swarbrigg- they represented Ireland in the Eurovision in the 70's... When it meant something!!! I remember being hugely impressed when I visited their clothes shop as a kid. It didn't take much to impress me back then! ;)

Best of luck to-morrow hon, even if you have Mother Nature looking over your shoulder ;)

Ah Shivie, you forgot Tommy & Jimmy Swarbrigg- they represented Ireland in the Eurovision in the 70's... When it meant something!!! I remember being hugely impressed when I visited their clothes shop as a kid. It didn't take much to impress me back then! ;)

Best of luck to-morrow hon, even if you have Mother Nature looking over your shoulder ;)

Did they?!! Och sure I was just a twinkle in the postman's eye back then (yes my Daddy was the postman don't worry!!)

Never knew that bit of local history! There's still a Swarbrigg's shoe shop so it must be the same family so.

Thanks for the well wishes. You must get bored of us wimmin and our monthly moaning!!!!! ;)

Good luck hunny ...argg tomt stink esp on plan...fingers crossed for your weigh in xx

Did they?!! Och sure I was just a twinkle in the postman's eye back then (yes my Daddy was the postman don't worry!!)

Never knew that bit of local history! There's still a Swarbrigg's shoe shop so it must be the same family so.

Thanks for the well wishes. You must get bored of us wimmin and our monthly moaning!!!!! ;)

Shivie, it's your thread, you moan all you like!!! The rest of the time you're spreading seeds of happiness and support on here, so the odd whinge isn't even noticed. With two teenage boys and myself in this family, we have enough hormones & mood swings to keep the flak flying, believe me :rolleyes:

Get a good nights rest to-night, hope you see a number that pleases you on the scales to-morrow. x

Good luck hunny ...argg tomt stink esp on plan...fingers crossed for your weigh in xx

Thanks Rebekah and yes it does!

Shivie, it's your thread, you moan all you like!!! The rest of the time you're spreading seeds of happiness and support on here, so the odd whinge isn't even noticed. With two teenage boys and myself in this family, we have enough hormones & mood swings to keep the flak flying, believe me :rolleyes:

Get a good nights rest to-night, hope you see a number that pleases you on the scales to-morrow. x

Hee, hee, I'm sure teenage offspring can be right moany so-and-so's seeing as the world totally revolves around them!!!
If you can't beat them join them eh?!
Just a one for Shivie this week but am pleased it's a minus not a plus all things considered! :)

Happy weigh day!!!!!

X

Thank you lovely! It's just a one this time but that's ok seeing as the average water gain during totm is 4-5lbs!
So "technically" I've actually lost about 5!!!! Ha, ha! Just a tad behind schedule for holiday goal but 6lbs in 16 days
is very achievable. I'll weigh as usual on Thursday next week and then wait until the Friday of the following
week for the final pre-holiday result. xx

Great attitude to have Shivie and yes a loss is a loss whatever it is. :)
Your height and goals are both similar to mine so I'll be keeping up with your diary to check the loses.
I too go away in Sept so the countdown is underway :eek:

Great attitude to have Shivie and yes a loss is a loss whatever it is. :)
Your height and goals are both similar to mine so I'll be keeping up with your diary to check the loses.
I too go away in Sept so the countdown is underway :eek:

Thanks Mouse! Yes, being a bit on the titchy side means that anything over 10 stone for us is in the "overweight"
BMI category even though it might sound small for some of the gorgeous taller ladies here.
So just a stone to go to get into the 9's for me and you've only 4lbs to go you trooper! Big respect for getting so far xxx

Ahhh yes if only we were 2-3inches taller we'd probably be normal/average citizens ehhh Shivie!!!
Well maybe not normal in my case :rolleyes:

Sure scr*w normal hun! But at least we'll soon be the ideal weight! And good things come in
small packages they say!! xx

Hi Shivie, doing an upgrade on son's laptop this morning, so just catching up on MM, and good for you, 1 pound down ( never mind the complicated girlie Maths ;) ), so cheer yourself up, go into M&S and pick up a pound of Kerrygold butter, and enjoy the warm glow of that achievement of having said Adios to that pound for good x

Ahhh Kerrygold....are we takin' the horse to France an' all that!!! Or a pound of Denny sausages!
Yes indeed, every pound is more significant as one gets smaller too.
I've a sneaking suspicion I'll be digging out the size 12 work trousers come Monday so that'll
make my week let me tell you!

Hope you're enjoying the holiday, it looks like it's just about to lash here....most unusual!! :D

Back