mix-a-mousse

lumpyandbumpy

Silver Member
i bought this last night from my counsellor and i made it with choc mint which was very nice but a bit lumpy (my fault not enough blending!)

i only buy the choc and choc mint shakes as i know i defo like those flavours but can anyone suggest some nice sweet tasting flavours that i could use for a mousse? for some reason i'm craving blancmange!

I like the strawberry one :)

I like the fruits of the forest and butterscotch for mix-a-moose

I have tried loads of ways making the moouse, it used to be like wallpaper paste but the best way I found is open the pack add the mix to the pack and mix together still in the pack, put the ice cold water in a jug then add the powder and mix with blender for about 5 mins, I put mine in the freezer for a bit as I like it set more, no lumps this way :)

I have tried loads of ways making the moouse, it used to be like wallpaper paste but the best way I found is open the pack add the mix to the pack and mix together still in the pack, put the ice cold water in a jug then add the powder and mix with blender for about 5 mins, I put mine in the freezer for a bit as I like it set more, no lumps this way :)

That's how I do it. The trick is to blend it for at least a minute (and that's with a 600W electric handblender!)

Strawberry is pretty yummy as a mousse. If you're into experimental, try vanilla with a pinch of sunshine orange water flavouring - say a quarter of a teaspoonful. Makes it taste a bit like cheesecake. :D

ooo thanks for the tips, all sound yummy. will try blending the mousse for longer too, hate lumpy bits but then i find choc mint is one of the more lumpy shakes, can never seem to get it totally smooth and that's with using a hand blender! will try strawberry and vanilla flavours for mousse, quite excited now!

i think so it is a gelatine powder so that should be fine. i use a scoop which is 10ml with one shake so that amount should be fine for you. just make sure you mix the gelatine with the shake in the sachet b4 mixing with cold water (around 150ml) as if you add the powder after you've mixed the shake and water together, it doesn't work (as i found out last night!!)

Back