Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Mix-a-Mousse

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by SharonJayne1970, 6 February 2008 Social URL.

1. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I bought some this week. Wondering if any of you that have been using it a while have any tips on mixing it please?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sharon

I bought some the first week I started and then read somewhere on here that you can't have it until week 3!! Started Week three Sat and couldn't wait to try it - BLOOMIN GORGEOUS!! So easy and quick!!

Kj xxx

4. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Meant to say - just open your packet of shake, add 1 scoop of mix-a-mousse and give it a stir. Then just follow the instructions on the mousse pot. Whizz with a stick blender before putting in the fridge. Takes about 10 mins to set. Yummmmmmmmmmy!!

5. lighterme

lighterme Full Member

I use very cold water sometimes with crushed ice in. I put a shake in a collendar(not sure on spelling sorry) with mix a mousse to make sure they are mix well together & get rid of lumps. Add the cold water & mix with hand blender. Stick it in the fridge to set.
    This is the only way that works for me. Had some right lumpy/ runny mishaps before hand.

6. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.15%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    How much water are you using?

7. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    I use a Hinari Genie (like 'The Magic Bullet' but cheaper). I put very cold water in the container, pour in the shake; it sits on the surface of the water like a little raft. I pop a scoop of MAM on top (the secret is not to let the MAM come into contact with the water - that road leads to gelatinous disaster!) then I screw the top on, flip it over onto the mixer base and zizz away. Takes about 10 seconds.

Did you know you can also use MAM to make a 'free' jelly?

500ml of very cold water, some CD water flavouring, a drop of food colouring, add a scoop of MAM and blend IMMEDIATELY. Pour into a bowl. It'll look like a pink milkshake but put it in the fridge and within seconds it'll start to clear. The end result is a clear set jelly with a pink frothy foam on top (you can eat or discard this).

You'll get a couple of decent bowlfuls out of this amount and it's a tasty FREE dessert!

8. lighterme

lighterme Full Member

It says to use 150ml. I use a little bit more as it seems to make it more fluffy. Reminds me of Angle delight. Lovely
    Good luck.

9. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i put a sachet of choc mint shake and a scoop of mix a moossee into my blender and swich it on to mix it well.
    then i add 200ml of cold water ( found 150ml made it very thick and stodgy ) and blend it for 30 seconds
    pour it into a bowl and put it to the back of my fridge

voila! a convincing moossee, takes terriffic

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.