mixamousse

kazbro

jelly belly
tried this last night made up my butterscotch shake with it
it says to leave in fridge for ten minutes then eat

my question is
i found the whole lot really filling to the point it was to much in one go
could i make all the pack up like last night and put it in 2 bowls keeping one in the fridge for say maybe 2 hours later

or

do i have to mix half the pack up then the other half later so as not to leave it in the fridge to long :confused:

Hello!
Once the mousse has "set" in the fridge, you should consume the whole lot within 20mins (or thereabouts!). I know what you mean though! Sometimes it does seem too much to get down in one sitting! The only exception to this I've found is using the ChocVelvets, or Banana Bliss to make a mousse! As they are made with a long-life skimmed milk, you can make them up, and they usually keep for several hours in the fridge! I wouldn't eat it after 24hrs - just in case, and Head Office have stated that they're not sure of how the vits/mins are affected once opened and left in a fridge for longer periods, but I've never fallen ill/sick, and neither have any of my clients who do this. If you leave it tooooo long - the formula will separate and go gunky - yeeeugh!! (just like the milkshakes do).
I sometimes make up a chocbanana mousse (using half/half of each carton) then eat half for dinner after having half pack of soup, then use the other half mousse for breakfast! Hope this has helped a little?

Lainey xx :wavey:

joeyroo i only started yesterday and i tried one last night
i think it`s o.k to use them at anytime
please someone correct me if i`m wrong

thanks lainey for the advice xx

:) I tried making a jelly with mix-a-mousse, water & water flavorings last week........... It ended up like frogspawn :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ......... need less to say I've not used it since xxxx

my cdc did the same thing lol
it`s nice in shakes looks like angel delight

I also tried to make a jelly :eat:....hmmm not very successful,it didn't set and has gloopy bits in it:giveup:I think I'll forget that!

Hi all,

I've been making jelly and they turn out fab after a bit of practice!

I put 400ml of cold water (have been using sparkling to give it a bit more of a tang!) into a mixing bowl with a teaspoon of water flavouring. While whizzing it up with the hand blender I slowly sprinkle 2 sccops of mix a mousse in. I pour it into 2 bowls and pop 1 in the freezer (usually ready to eat in 45 mins or so) and the other in the fridge for the next day.

I had a couple of failed attempts but think was because I'd put the 2 scoops of mix a mousse on the top then blended it. My jellys didn't set but I think it's because most of the mix a mousse was just stuck in a gooey mess on the blender blade! The lumps had dry powder in the middle even though I'd been whizzing it up for 2 mins? If you sprinkle it in gradually though it sets perfectly.

I'm glad I mastered it as will be a godsend in the summer when the ice cream van pulls up right outside my house every night!

Good luck with it xxx

ewwww i have a question........at what week can you start making mousses? I cant wait they sound yummy! :D

Hi - you can use Mix-a-Mousse from day 1 :) Enjoy

Back