Mixed Results

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
Ive had a couple of mixed results for my weigh in today, im not so sure what to think/do..

I weighed this morning, and I was 12st 12.6. when i weighed in on Thursday last week for my 'new start' I was 13 st 3. Which you'd think was a great loss... but... I weighed in on Friday, as that was my offical weigh day before the new start and I was own to 12 stone 12.8, so since last Friday, so nearly a week ive lost a grandtotal of 2 poxy ounces.. I cant seem to get down below 12 stone 10, before going back up again to 12 st 12 and changing nothing..

As you can kind of imagine, im a but annoyed and just don't know what to do any more. Im resound to the fact im not going to be at target by my one year 'slimmaversary' which is on Saturday, but i would like to hit target somtime this year and it just doesn't look like its going to happen.. This is the longest plateu i think ive ever been on ever and its driving me mad!

Please help!

Your weight loss so far has been amazing, so don't let this blip put you off. As we all know, weight tends to change according to time of day, or even day by day, so would it help to only weigh yourself once a week at the same time on the same scales?
I know how it feels to get on scales one day and see a loss only to have a gain a day later for no apparent reason. Your mood goes up and down with the weight, and for me that meant a fit of the munchies. Now i stick to a weekly weigh in.
Hang in there, the plateau stage passes and you will be back on the road to goal You have been doing great, and with the same determination to get this far you are sure to reach target.

Thankyou Polly.. :)

I would usually only weigh myself once a week,(ok maybe twice a week!) but as I used to weigh myself on Fridays before i started the WW journey again, I wanted to see what my weight had done in the past week, as over the week i had managed to gain 7lbs so I wanted to see if it was still there.
It is just so soul destroying if i do so much hard work, and I get a loss of 2 ounces. I feel as though the plateu will never be broken, as soon as i get down to 12 10 it just always creaps back up again. :(

Hi I'm where you are atm in the last 2 months I've had 2 gains of 2.5lbs each time and I have 100% stuck to ww for nearly 6 months.
The only thing mentally I think will help you get through this is if you could try snd forget feeling it's hard work , I kept doing that saying all my hard work and a gain or a teeny loss as that's what will want to make you stop.
I exercise at class zumba and combat aerobics 4 times a week stick to plan 100% but I changed my mindset when a bad weeks weighin to well it's just my body adjusting etc. If we are doing it 100% then a sts gain or small loss is our body doing what it wants. I know it's really hard but you saud you gained 7lbs but then you lost it do you had a big loss? 2 weeks ago I gained 2.5lbs stuck at plan so ? gains and next weigh in I lost 1.5lb so not even the gain then this week I lost 2lbs so in 3 weeks all I lost was 1lbs and I really work hard at exercise class and stuck to plan never going over points.
It's eirther that or regain all we lose.
It's worth changing exercise , foods you eat and upping water and seeing ,it could be hormones as my gains started when I had a new mirena coil in.
Dint give up it may just be a tweak of plan xx

Thanks size102b.

Ive changed my exercise to doing my exercise bike and ive also changed the workout on my biggest loser DVD, I can't do the 30 day shred as all the running and star jumps arnt practical in my flat. ive upped my water intake to 2/3 75cl bottles dailey. Maybe that will start to take effect soon, im peeing for England!!

The 7lb gain, is a mystery, i have no idea why it happen, i thought it was TOTM bloating but i havnt even had any period so it can't be that. I wanted to get down to goal weight and then see how inches went, but I think i may have to give up on the weight issue altogether and concentrate on the inches.

Maybe you ate late last night - it happened to me a few weeks back. I just decided that I was going to start over and forget all about it. I felt that I was letting it get inside my head and then I was going to go and eat all around me. No way is that happening this time. You've had brilliant losses to date and you will get there. I know it's probably too slow for you but it will stay off the slower you lose.

I am really tempted to weigh myself tomorrow morning and see what the scales say, but i think that will just mess with my head. I just want to see a different number on the scales after all these months of it being the same.

I've turned a corner regarding the scales. I only weigh now in one morning which is Monday. I was up and down all the time on the scales during the week. It's easier to do than you might think. Weigh yourself tomorrow if you class that as your official weigh in date. If not pick a day and try try to stick to weighing on that day only. :cool: It will make the journey a bit more bearable for you.

My WI day used to be a Friday, and had been up till last week, when I decided to 'restart' WW. I wanted to weigh myself on the Friday to see if any of the 7lbs i gained over the week had gone, which 5 of them had, but i still had gained 2lb somehow from the week before. So I starte afresh, but its just got me, that ive lost 2 ounces in nearly a week.

tbh hun, not to sound bad or anything, but you should be really happy with a loss! If you read through your food diary for this week you went off plan a few times, with the night out drinking vk's and shot's etc, then with the milky way star big bag at 13 points, and then the harvester with pasta and garlic bread, and then with this whole thing with the bloke and you said you went over 3.5points and that you had done well considering you were feeling really down etc! So to have a loss and still be able to eat like you did with treats etc i'd be so happy!! I know you did exercise to counter it out, but tbh when i do my exercise i find that it's not till the week after that my AP points saved come into affect be happy! xx

Smirky is right AP ate a minefield that's why I never have mine and I earn loads , ww is going to work if you stick to it 100% no blips no over points and sometimes we gain as our bidys like to fool us. By Reading now what smirky has said for you to have lost a tiny bit us understandable, like exercise over eating can take upto 2 weeks to show thus is the reason after 20+ years of yoyoing going over points has become my not to do as I know it can rake a time to show.
I think it looks like you gained 7lbs as you went over points then you lost them which in a short time is fantastic as I said I had a gain and I stated on plan and it took 2 weeks to get the 2.5 lbs off.

Lifes hard at times and falling off plan is going to happen, I'd keep tomorrow as your weighin day weigh once a week as LV saud and start afresh , stuck to it and you will keep losing :) xx

I've gone off plan loads this week, and if i don't gain tomorrow then i know it will hit me next week or the week after, and i've prepared myself for that, also like we have said before, if you go off plan and then try to make it better by throwing yourself into exercise your body wont thank you for it, it will think sod this and begin to react differently by either slowing down your weight losses or by storing fat and turning it into a gain! i think you have to get it just right, with sticking to points and not saving too many from exercise.. but yet saving enough to ensure a loss! it's weird and very confusing but sure we will all work out a method that suits our bodies soon though!

Yep smirky your right god knows how long it takes to figure it out though.... I'm peed off losing 1lbs in 3 weeks BUT I hope it will be made up over the next 2 weeks before my next totm gain ?

Thankyou for all your replies

i hope im able to figure out somthing soon, having been on WW since June (ish) and gaining and losing the same 2lbs is a bit disheartening. I was bang on points and exercising but not eating all the AP points, and still not losing, then I was feeling hungry when on 21 points and not eating the AP points, so hopfully somthing will happen now.. Its been a year on saturday since starting my weight loss journey, I dont want to bugger it up now!

obviously each body is different and they want a certain amount of food to continue to lose weight at a steady rate, but it's just getting that right amount of food.. well calorie intake correct to ensure we continue to lose.

Tbh it could be anything, i didn't eat my AP's and stuck to points, and i sts for 4 weeks, then i have one week where i don't do any exercise and i go over my points by about 2 a day and i lose 3lbs! so either my AP points took affect after over the 4 weeks decided to come together on week 5... or that over eating was enough for my body to recover after not eating my AP's i havent a clue! just got to do whatever and see the results if it doesn't work do something else xx

obviously each body is different and they want a certain amount of food to continue to lose weight at a steady rate, but it's just getting that right amount of food.. well calorie intake correct to ensure we continue to lose.

Tbh it could be anything, i didn't eat my AP's and stuck to points, and i sts for 4 weeks, then i have one week where i don't do any exercise and i go over my points by about 2 a day and i lose 3lbs! so either my AP points took affect after over the 4 weeks decided to come together on week 5... or that over eating was enough for my body to recover after not eating my AP's i havent a clue! just got to do whatever and see the results if it doesn't work do something else xx

I ate my full point allowance last week - did no exercise and was down 5lbs. Now I did have a chinese on Friday night too - which I pointed. So to be honest I don't fully understand how our body works...but don't be fretting about it (easier said than done) but just class tomorrow as your weigh in day and then only weigh on a Friday morning. The losses will kick in again for you......they have to you are following plan and if and when you go off plan you know what you are doing (says me munching on some jellies now). :break_diet:You've come so far and lost so much. I admire your determination and drive.

i think our bodies get used to the healthy eating and exercise and then we have a sts for a few weeks,,then it jusy goes back into action in,,i'm taking ww as a learning curve as there's something new everyday that i learn from ot!!

the thing was, i only decided to join WW because i wanted somthing to help sustain my losses when I hit target, so thought i should follow it when i was on the last home straight of the journey before maintance. I just wish this 12lbs would come off like the rest has. I lost a stone in the first month of slimming, and then 2 months later another one dropped off. i just miss seeing the numbers go down, when the efforts being put in. I live, breath an eat losing weight and what I can do to get ahead on the journey and in my carrer as i want to work with children and their weight issues.. its been the most stubborne stone ive ever had to shift.

Back