Mixing the shakes on the go - with a milk frother!

Pandora Ghengis

forgive the silly name
31895ZP07QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've just got my "aerolatte" which is a battery operated portable milk frother!
I'm thinking that with my soon-to-arrive protein shaker I'll be able to make the shakes (lump-free) when I'm out and about instead of relying on tetras!
I'm hoping if I carry really cold water, maybe by taking it out with me half frozen, it'll be just like the shakes I make at home with ice :)

I chose this one because Nigella Lawson has said she's addicted to hers - well! She helped me gain weight, she can help me lose it too :eek:
I was worried it might be feeble because I've tried other frothers before and they don't match the steaming handle of a proper coffee machine, but this is really awesome!!

"I chose this one because Nigella Lawson has said she's addicted to hers - well! She helped me gain weight, she can help me lose it too :eek:"

LOL, and me, she's got a lot to answer for! Let us know how effective it is for getting out the lumps - they look easier to carry around than a blender.

It really works! Used the blender to crush some ice and then used the frother. Beautifully smooth, so much froth, and not a lump in sight! It does take a little longer than the blender, but then it would...

Thumbs up from me!!

I've wondered about these myself. I'm getting fed up with sieving the lumps out with my teeth!;)

I bought a cheap and simple one off ebay and it does the job just fine. Tips:
1. Use a deep cup because you'll get a lot of whirl
2. Add the hot water and powder gradually so you can blend it all properly. This little mixer has been very good to me :)

I used one for ages when working away from home... it was light and fitted easily into suitcase. No lumps, but bring a tall plastic container if using it away from home, as hotel rooms often just provide those little cups... a lifesaver, all the same.

xxx

i secretly love the lumps! :D
however, i will have to get one of these for Disneyland as i only tried the choc tetra at the weekend and they were VILE! YUCK!!!
x

Am like you, Lizz, could never stand the tetras... ukkk. Disneyland, woo!

xxx

however, i will have to get one of these for Disneyland as i only tried the choc tetra at the weekend and they were VILE! YUCK!!!
x

:D I've only had three tetras while on the diet, they were far too rich IMHO like they needed watering down a bit, not like the shakes and there was an odd taste in there somewhere. I wasn't keen, but each to their own

Have you tried the milk frother in a soup mix? Is it strong enough? I tried my mum's but it wasn't strong enough.
I often carry a soup and a large mug and a spoon out and about with me and beg some hot water from wherever I am but then I have to spend ages mashing the lumps out of the soup.
Any ideas anyone?

Have you tried the milk frother in a soup mix? Is it strong enough? I tried my mum's but it wasn't strong enough.
I often carry a soup and a large mug and a spoon out and about with me and beg some hot water from wherever I am but then I have to spend ages mashing the lumps out of the soup.
Any ideas anyone?
I can't abide the soups, to me they are vile... the froth on top of the soup when made in a blender looked as though it had come directly from hell.
Anyway I've just done a 'CD swap' to get rid of all my soups, so I'm not sure if it would work. But there is a review on the amazon aerolatte page saying someone uses it to make soups and sauces, so it might?

LizzMB said:
How perverse!! :p tell you what i'm not keen on the tetras either, i have the same opinion as lunar jim - too concentrated, bitter aftertaste, too powdery. The banana is the best of the bunch though

witchypoo said:
I've wondered about these myself. I'm getting fed up with sieving the lumps out with my teeth!;)
blech!! yes definitely get one! the little case makes it really portable as well

Any ideas anyone?
Try this: put 50-75 ml of room temperature water in your large mug first, then stir in all the powder until it's smooth. Then top up gradually with boiling water, stirring as you go.

That's worked for me for a very long time!

i use a sports drink shaker from holland and barratt £3.99 Bargain!
and you get exercise while shaking 2 in 1!

Back