Mmph, stressed, non diet life!

LoChan1984

Gold Member
My son's special needs school has been proposed for closure by the council. It's a very upsetting possibility and I hope it doesn't go through.

There's a parents group been set up to campaign against it but I can't really get overinvolved - it's based on the other side of Manchester, I work and don't have my own transport so I couldn't commit any time to attend day or evening meetings. They've sent a petition thing to me which I'm going to pass to both my mum and dad who's jobs mean they know a wide range of people - I don't with working from home and I'm really anxious in social situations (possibly got autistic issues myself for all I know the stress it can give me).

I'm not overly keen on how they're going about things, they keep sending newsletters home from school but they're all in capital letters with quite accusing language which feels like they're bullying parents to get involved, telling people we should sacrifice work leave to come to events (I have 1 leave day left until April). They have even sent me a letter home to sign asking that I refuse to allow my child to be taken to any activities that involve mainstream schools either academic or non academic (e.g. sports/arts events) so that he isn't introduced to mainstream school provision etc...

*sighs* it's just stressing me out and making me feel like a bad parent for not getting stuck in :(

Rant over, gonna hop on m'stationary bike now to pedal away some frustration.

Wow, that sounds like intimidation.

Bad enough you have to cope with your kid going to a new school. It's sad that the council are planning to shut it down :( No doubt there. Hope you get lots of signatures on the petition.

Try not to worry *hugs* and don't let anyone bully you. And you are not a bad parent - in some ways those parents who go on dramatically about the change can have an affect on their kids who will pick up on it. A rational approach is a better one.

Chin up *hugs*

Mn, better - still a bit annoyed with the people - the info about the online petition was buried amongst lots of the shouty stuff that doesn't say how folk can help *rolls eyes*

Least I can do my bit now, I'm much better at things online than in person lol If only dieting was as easy to manage :8855:

Mn, better - still a bit annoyed with the people - the info about the online petition was buried amongst lots of the shouty stuff that doesn't say how folk can help *rolls eyes*

Least I can do my bit now, I'm much better at things online than in person lol If only dieting was as easy to manage :8855:

Hi luv

Both my husband and i have signed the petition.

Keep going girl and chin up, its not over till a fat lady sings ( & us ladies r going to be skinny minnies soon)
:D

Petition signed, Have you emailed your local MP he/she may be supportive! It has to be worth a try!!

Back