moan about my loose skin

ber-297

I hate it , i'm all wrinkly and saggy :cry: , i feel like i'm 90 , all that work loosing weight and i cant bear to look at myself , i need a magic solution please :(

I am not sure how bad it is but I do know that a lot of our members have said that it takes about a year or more after their weight loss to tone back up again and that the skin does improve with time...

It is something I worry about myself but I know I would rather have the weight off than be fat.

Well done for losing all that weight! I have known friends that have had the same problem and some of them have gone for the quick fix of surgery but others have worked out and toned up. Most of them swear by massaging with Bio oil too.
Chin up sweetie, it does get better.

I know how you feel. I've lost about 5 stone over the last 3 years and I have bingo wings :(

I did price surgery but it made me more sad because my bank manager just wasnt impressed with the idea.

I know this wasnt helpful, but just wanted you to know that I feel your pain :(

Grr , fellow bingo wings sufferer here :( . I have joined a gym to try help toning , but wit health problems I have its hard going . Surgery not an option , but am buying loads of firming lotions lol . I suppose its a lot to do with confidence issues as well as body :(

Whats the best way to get rid of bingo wings? And seriously, how long does it take to tone them up?

Hmm, loose skin - a thorny subject. I lost 3.5 stone on LL, and although overall everything was fine, I lost a lot of volume in the boob area. They also looked a little like pickled raisins- meh!. Anyway, I found that the skin did settle over time but they were never the same again...Boo hoo!

Last edited:
I have bingo wings too! I'm also desperate to get back into bellydancing but can't even contemplate until I've lost another half a stone and done something about the flappy bits! A friend suggested holding arms out to the side, horizontal, then make tiny circles with finger tips, getting bigger and bigger until your arms start to shake! Then reversing the circles! Sounds like torture to me and surely can only tone the muscle, not help the loose skin. If anyone got any ideas I'd be really grateful.....:sigh:

Hi Becky - why dont you go back to dancing now? All those shimmys and snake arms will help you on your journey :)

I am not sure how bad it is but I do know that a lot of our members have said that it takes about a year or more after their weight loss to tone back up again and that the skin does improve with time...

That's how it went with me, just seemed to shrink after a time.

You look perfect Jim...did you do much exercise or moisturizing?

What's your secret?

Exercise is a swear word and no I don't moisturise, I'm a bloke LOL, and not one of your new men either Min, I suppose I am just lucky and have elastic skin :D

Exercise is a swear word and no I don't moisturise, I'm a bloke LOL, and not one of your new men either Min, I suppose I am just lucky and have elastic skin :D

Are you telling me you never did any exercise?

It must be all the protein and fats in the Atkins diet that has helped to keep your skin looking so good along with your genes.

Get with the times grandad! ;)

Don't know where i'd be without my dead sea salts super night facial cream.

Get with the times grandad!

Don't know where i'd be without my dead sea salts super night facial cream.

Dear me, you boys today, next thing you know, you'll be telling us all about your sack, crack and back wax :D
Jim, I can't buy moisturiser without my brother or one of his sons pinching it! My hair products aren't safe either. Lol.

:sigh: It's no wonder society has gone to rack and ruin then Leanne. :D

Are you telling me you never did any exercise?

It must be all the protein and fats in the Atkins diet that has helped to keep your skin looking so good along with your genes.

Oh i did more exercise than most in my life mins, a soldiers life is hard, but my joints are F*ck*d and there is no way i can do any of that now. I must have elastic skin as i said earlier,or possibly you're right and it is Atkins

Dear me, you boys today, next thing you know, you'll be telling us all about your sack, crack and back wax :D

Sounds like some sort of torture technique!

Edit: Are you taking glucosamine sulphate for your joints? 2000mg of that a day and 2000mg of omega 3 will improve them no end.

Back