Monday 18th june starters.

Hi guys, hope ur all feeling ok, I started a day after most of u so have just almost finish day 2 and I'm feeling good. Been for a swim today and out with my kiddiwinks, find that keeping busy helps sooo much! Thinking of ditching my bathroom scales and going to boots/Tescos for my weekly weigh in on those special scale things they have to avoids daily scale hopping which can be fatal! How r u guys going about ur weigh ins? Xxx

Im on day 2 also :) i will be getting weighed on my wii fit, i cant resist daily weighs although they might have the opposite effect! But if i see ive lost weight it will spurr me on, and if i havent hopefully make me more determined! xx

Me too! Theres nothing more satisfying than seeing some progress to keep you motivated. Appreciate fluid retention etc can give you a false reading but usually you can tell if thats the case and if it's not you know you're doing something wrong. I can think of nothing worse than speculating all week and then perhaps being disappointed on weigh-in day. Still we're all different and what works for one might not suit another.

Don't give up dubsndice! Tomorrow is another day. The first few days are always going to be the worst till you adapt and in the evenings when you're tired and fed up with constantly battling to stay on track all day the shine is bound to wear off. Keep your chin up and think about the end result XX

The hardest part when you have a "craving" or feel like giving in is not to. If i have it i try tofocus on something else to keep me busy. Try not tofeel to bad hun x

Im sure the wii fit wont be hard on u hun. Dnt forget ye u ate something but it was ham. Im sure that didnt up ur calorie intake to high. Out bodies shud be getting 2000 a day so anything under 1000 is still an achievement and anything under 800 is still VLCD x

Keep at it Dubs!! YOu are doing good girl - do you realise how good you are doing???? So you had a few slices of ham BIG DEAL! Be kind to yourself and dont look at it as a "mess up" rather listening to you body needs at that time - and lesson learned and Becky's bang on the money you still would of had what? 800 cals TOPS - bet you have still lost - :character00238:

I had a bad night too last night it was my day 2 my tummy was grumbling , I drank ice tea and water with some of that flavouring in and re focussed elsewhere instead of food - hard when hubby tucked into a snack @ 10pm :whistle: but it was cool I was reminiscent of a Labrador sitting under the family dinner table and enjoyed the "smell" of the salad - WTF?

Anyway day 3 C'MON GIVE ME YOUR BEST WAR CRY LASSES - ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!

BIg Love x

Rooooar lol
Has anyone weighed themselves yet? I am awful as i weigh myself daily lol. Monday i was 191.5lbs today im.... 188.9lbs!! 2.6lbs lost since Monday.

Ive been on and off exante for a few months. Started as 204.14lbs so have lost 16lbs 5ozs in total (taken 2-3 months as ive kept coming on and off) feel proud that i have lost that tho. Just need to perserve to get to my target of 160 (ish) 28 more pounds to go lol.

Good luck for day 3/4 everyone xx

ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!! Me too on day 3. Boy last night was hard tho - pleased I didn't crumble, just keep thinking 'I know it gets easier' Feeling much more positive this morning (glad you are 2 Dubs). Weighed this morning -4lb, I'm really pleased after only 2 days as I always think a good week 1 loss gees you up to carry on. Onward everyone!! XX

Roaaarrrr! lol!

Sending lots of positive thoughts for Day 3/4 - we will not give in to temptation and will drink loads of water :D!!! xx

STS is good following hamgate! You are starting today with a clean slate and wot sounds like a more positive attitude so stick with it. 6lbs is brill in such a short time - concentrate on your achievements not your slipups. Good luck for today X

Sometimes husbands just don't think (well mine anyway!) Despite being asked (and agreeing) to be as supportive as possible, the first words out of his mouth when coming home yesterday were "wot's for tea I'm starving" - thanks for that!! Even after a 'Paddington hard stare' and words of advice he proceeded to heat up a curry from the freezer just so the aroma would be as all pervading as possible and then gave the leftovers to the dogs. I found myself looking longingly at the dogs bowl - wot have I been reduced to? Lol. I agree with you it's much easier when you're alone, if a little lonely.

I am alone with my 1 yr old daughter and i sometimes think that dnt help as shes sick at moment, (cold) Crying and moaning allll the time and i just wanna reach into my cupboard and eat because i am that stressed

Don't do it!! Have a drink and keep going. If you give in you will still be stressed and will then feel guilty as well - a recipe (scuse the pun) for disaster.:( Having had 4 kids I can sympathise with the whole sick/crying child thing but it will pass and you will be so proud of yourself if you manage to battle thru this. Keep your chin up and good luck X

I am starting today on 100%

I would like to lose 4 and a half stone by christmas

I ride a bike to and from work at the moment and after the first month when ive lost a bit of weight and body is ok with the diet will add more exercise.

Good luck :)

Welcome KP and good luck!! Xmas is my goal too but I need to lose 6+ stone!
Soo proud of all you girls who got weighed today fab results, and well done footiewidow for getting up today and feeling remotivated! I got weighed this morning and have lost 3 1/2lbs since tuesday so I am really happy with that! I also have a poorly 1 year old becky, nightmare isnt it I can really relate! Shes got gastroenteritis so cant keep anything down, it was almost hospital yesterday but luckily we got a wet nappy before bedtime! Just remember that eating proper food wont make you feel any better, it will make you feel guilty and disappointed and you will feel worse. It just the comfort we need so why dont you do something else like have a nice long bubble bath (my fave) or make your own 'comfort food' by making the porridge biscuits I saw people do on here? with a hot chocolate shake? I dunno, just some daft ideas! xx

Thanks lorlorx
Hey Becky, dont do it you are so close to a stone lost (cant wait to be there)
My children are one of the reasons i am doing this as i am getting older and have a 3 year old running around i am just finding it so much hard as to when i had my son in my early 20s
i need to be healthier, fitter and faster to keep up.

keep going we will get there

Hello kp and good luck. My goal is asap but ultimately I am aiming for 15th Dec cos I'm going on a cruise (I have reached that age!!) with hubby, kids (teenage) and parents - can't wait. Trouble is lots of dressing up for dinner as well as beach type activities so if I don't lose weight I will have nothing to wear as I cant get into any of my going out/hols clothes and can't afford whole new wardrobe (we are going for nearly a month so lots of outfits needed)or the disappointment of nothing looking nice if I stay the size I currently am. I think while having a tangible goal is a help it also puts a time pressure on things and I have more than 5 st to lose. Still every day is a day nearer to getting where I want to be:)

Hi footie window
Wow you really have good motivation and something to look forward a cruise (jealous much):D
Well good luck and keep us up dated on you weight loss

Back