Monday 18th june starters.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hi Brie and welcome :) I did LL for 7 months back in 08/09. The Exante packs are very similar, although after the time on LL and then 2 months on CD last year I've had enough of the soups and their aftertaste, so have gone for shakes and bars only!! They also sent me a couple of porridge samples and they are pretty good too! I'm not sure if its just me, but the shakes don't seem to be as sweet as some of the other packs I have tried?

Must have been hard in the States for 6 weeks - I put on 10lbs after just 2 weeks in Cocoa Beach last year :eek: !!

Best of luck xx

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I have never been a fan of the soups either. LL changed all of their recipes since I last did it and now the only flavor l like is the apple cinnamon porridge. I used to drink 100% chocolate but now it tastes funny :( I am hoping the exante shakes are less foul tasting! I am going to order the bumper shake and bar pack today- so much cheaper than LL!

I am from Seattle and always gain about 15 pounds when I go home. I can't help it- the food calls to me! I am going home for Christmas and want to be fit and healthy and will hopefully have the restraint I need to ration the yummy food!

I look forward to sharing my weight loss journey with you all! Well done this week, by the way! I have seen some 10 and 12 pound weight losses reported- brill!

Well done everyone on fantastic losses and welcome Brie. I also did LL 4 years ago and lost 3 1/2 st but - quell suprise! I too have put it and more back on and I don't even have the problem of having had 2 babies during that time. My first WI was today and I have lost 10 lbs. I am thrilled and have just dug out my LL book and found that is exactly the same amount I lost on their first week. So apart from the cost and not (in my case) having some skinny minnie who told us she had never had a weight problem being condescending to us every week exante is clearly just as good. I find the shakes not quite as sweet as LL but I think they are nicer and if you have a sweet tooth adding a sweetner sorts it out so gives you more choices.I have found this forum far more supportive and informative than she ever was.

Good luck and onwards and downwards to everyone. X:)

Well done FW - that's great!! Its funny you talk about your LL counsellor like that - ours had lost a lot of weight but was always doing a week of packs here and there, so the CBT obviously didn't work for her either lol!!! She wasn't too condesending, but you could tell it was a business foremost for her and she wasn't always guenuinely pleased when you lost lots of weight - as you wouldn't need as many more packs lol!

I believe Exante is just as good and as long as we have Minimins to keep us caring and sharing then its better! :bighug:

Hear, hear. Know wot you mean about the LL people only being interested in the money. Shift workers and people going on hols were treated like they had threatened to murder someone as they weren't going to be there to flog things to. As I said earlier this is much more help to me as any failures are supported not chastised like naughty schoolchldren. Lol. X

Good luck everyone, I'm starting tomorrow. Going to give the TS a go, don't like the soups so it will be a mixture of bars and shakes for me.
I just really have to do something this time, bought Exante just after Xmas but have never managed more then a few days, need to find the will power from somewhere! xxx

Good luck everyone, I'm starting tomorrow. Going to give the TS a go, don't like the soups so it will be a mixture of bars and shakes for me.
I just really have to do something this time, bought Exante just after Xmas but have never managed more then a few days, need to find the will power from somewhere! xxx

Hello and :welcome:Disco Diva....

I'm fairly new here - started last Friday 22nd so I'm hoping I've got the worse bit over ... Stay here and we'll all support you the best we can.

Good Luck and keep your eye on the goal!

Hi Dubs - as they say 'the girl done good!' :)

Am I mistaken or is it only two and a half weeks till your holiday? If your stats are up to date, do you think you'll still make it into the 14's before you go. I guess on Exante that would be possible but I'm not sure how much the average weekly loss is with SW.

Good luck anyway - You must take pride in what you've acheived and MOST IMPORTANTLY have a
:character00238: terrific holiday! :character00255:

Hi Dubs, so pleased you've got into SW without any gains - thats great!

Been good this week for the most part... until just now! Baking for a Playgroup sale and tried some of the wares :( just a couple of mouthfuls but enough to make me feel guilty as hell and then ever so tempted to have a few more!

I'm planning to come off Exante on Sat and I decided before starting that I would join in with the Hen Do and the goodies that come with it! But am really positive and determined that I'll start back again on Sunday morning to continue my Exante journey.

It will probably extend the time to reach goal, but I'm happy with the decision :)

How's everyone else doing?
xxx

2nd weigh in today and lost 6lbs :cool: more than happy with that.

Thats great hun well done x

2nd weigh in today and lost 6lbs :cool: more than happy with that.

Oh, well done you - I can see why you would be so pleased - here's to another great week and onwards to week 3 ! :happy096:

Well, I was in two minds whether to come clean about this weekend's disaster (or even weigh in this morning!) but then I would be lying to myself and you lovely, supportive people :(

I had planned a day off before starting the packs, but the hen do on the Saturday turned into a Friday ("well, if I'm off tomorrow then might as well start early?"), the Saturday ("I'm off today *yum,yum*") and the Sunday too ("as I'm out on an unplanned trip with my family, be easier to eat then take packs"). So all in all, I have put myself back a week and in the process gained 6lb from last Monday :sigh:. I know that the 6lb will be gone within a few days, but its the stupidity of doing what I did and the total lack of control that I sometimes have with food that I find totally annoying. It's like a green flag to eat as much as I can within a period of time before starting the packs again - its a shame the CBT I had with LL 2-3 years ago never stuck!

So, a choccie shake for brekkie and I've had my first litre of the day - fingers crossed I stay on the straight and narrow from here on in.

I hope everyone else is fairing better than me lol!! xx

thank you everyone! is no one else weighing in that started on the 18th?

Hi all, I'm a day behind cos I started on the 19th so have just had my 2nd WI - lost 4lb so that takes me to the magical 1 stone in 2 weeks. I am delighted. For some reason the number of pounds means less than the fact that it is a stone. How daft is that? Next goal to get to the stone below in the next 2 weeks. X

Well done FW, that's fantastic - you must be noticing the difference too!

Best of luck for another good loss next week :) x

Hi all, I'm a day behind cos I started on the 19th so have just had my 2nd WI - lost 4lb so that takes me to the magical 1 stone in 2 weeks. I am delighted. For some reason the number of pounds means less than the fact that it is a stone. How daft is that? Next goal to get to the stone below in the next 2 weeks. X

congratulations!

Congratulations :happy096: - You are doing so well !

Hi Folks some Fantastic Losses. Good on you.

I'm in the not so fantastic camp, but don't deserve to be, have a nothing but celebrations since I started! And will power zero. Am slightly behind on target. But focusing on the fact I've still lost 5lb and will reach target if stick to diet! (4lb a week).
Don't we all love a Monday. Congrats to folk doing well, keep up the Good Work, rest of us, don't give up big deep breath and away we go! Enjoy rest of your weekend. :)

Back