Monday always a good day to restart!

Aww thanks Bren, she is a star to me :) Well done! That's great, you should be happy. Closer to goal:D I thought today wasn't too bad, in the evening I felt peckish, but nothing that some peppermint tea and water couldn't fix. I'll be weary for tomorrow, will have an early night and do lots of things to distract myself. Thanks for the advice Bren, just getting through today is an achievemnt for me. Hopefully with the motivation I have, I'll be able to get through days 2 and 3. I can't wait to be in ketosis :D

xx

You will be before you know it hun. I peed a stick tonight but it changed colour but not quite a defined pink yet, perhaps tomorrow afternoon.

Well done on resisting food. I have been slightly peckish but managed to only eat the following;
porridge 150cal i think?
bar 176
carrot and celery (half a carrot and 1 stalk) 30 cal
coffee + milk (decaf) 25cal
shake 170cal? soya not sure what they are worth
coffee + milk 25cal
oh a little cheese 40cal
2 x sprite zero 8cal
tofu and salad 170cal
1 whole wheat cracker 22cal

total of 804 calories for the day

Not bad. I dont feel thin yet and dont have a headache looming. Although I wonder if i will get one because I was only in Ketosis about 4 days ago?? So it might not have the same initial effect this time around. Trying to decide if I should weigh in the morning? I'm confident that some more weight will shift and I think I need the encouragement still.

I have also been to the gym 50 mins and drunk over 3ltrs of water.

Bren
x

Hey Bren,
I'm glad things are going well for you :) I haven't had a headache yet so far, I've felt a little funny but that was all, maybe it might occur on day 3? I've stocked up on paracetamol. I went on the scale and I'm down 2.5lbs from yesterday.. I think that translates to slightly over 1kg. Today has been good, had a shake 45 minutes earlier as I was out with my mum so had one before we left and I'm on my 2nd litre of water. Had a mug of coffee, will have Oriental Chill soup in an hour. So far so good, I'm not really hungry but I don't know if that's due to the hot weather, because I do not think I could be in ketosis yet. Maybe measure yourself to see if you've lost inches as scales are sometimes addictive.

Hope all is well xx

hi guys...you may have been wondering where i have got to! well...:-( i didnt manage to stick to it...i have been really naughty...yesterday and today...i feel awful but tomorrow is a new day and i am DETERMINED...i did think i was going to do SS+ but now ive decided it has to be SS...because when i do the + part i get carried away... Only positive that has come out of yesterday and today is that i have drank more water and eaten a LOT LESS than wat i usually would have...

as for u guys well done!!!! keep at it...!!! and thank u to all 3 of u for posting regularly :)

Hey sohypnotizsed,
You can do it, you really can. Stay positive and make a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Whenever you feel as though you want to give into the cravings, remind yourself of the reasons. Today is a fresh and if you really want it, you can do it. Water is your friend during this diet :)

I completed my second SS 100% day yesterday and I'm feeling great. Sipping on my first 500mls of water now. I went on the scales this morning and it has shown a 4.4lb loss in 2 days. I'm enjoying CD, it's not the easiest thing but I feel as though it's working for me. I've also discovered the key to making the best shakes...ice cold water and a handblender. I prepared my chocolate shake using ice cold water and a hand blender, few cubes of ice and 2 tablet sweeteners. It was amazing. Finding out how you enjoy your shakes makes the diet so much easier xx

Hey Bren,
I'm glad things are going well for you :) I haven't had a headache yet so far, I've felt a little funny but that was all, maybe it might occur on day 3? I've stocked up on paracetamol. I went on the scale and I'm down 2.5lbs from yesterday.. I think that translates to slightly over 1kg. Today has been good, had a shake 45 minutes earlier as I was out with my mum so had one before we left and I'm on my 2nd litre of water. Had a mug of coffee, will have Oriental Chill soup in an hour. So far so good, I'm not really hungry but I don't know if that's due to the hot weather, because I do not think I could be in ketosis yet. Maybe measure yourself to see if you've lost inches as scales are sometimes addictive.

Hope all is well xx
YOU COULD BE IN KETOSIS??? Well done on your loss! I have in total over 2 days lots 1.7kg's which is 3.74lbs. I am totally happy with the way things are going and have ticked off some completed goals under my signature too. Well done honey you are doing fabulous!
xx

hi guys...you may have been wondering where i have got to! well...:-( i didnt manage to stick to it...i have been really naughty...yesterday and today...i feel awful but tomorrow is a new day and i am DETERMINED...i did think i was going to do SS+ but now ive decided it has to be SS...because when i do the + part i get carried away... Only positive that has come out of yesterday and today is that i have drank more water and eaten a LOT LESS than wat i usually would have...

as for u guys well done!!!! keep at it...!!! and thank u to all 3 of u for posting regularly :)

Sohypnotized back on with it today. I am only doing 790 because I cannot be trusted with more than one meal of real food and also I canot survive with only 3 CD products for the day.

I am really just aiming for sticking with it best I can and really just keeping the calories at 800 or very close to for the day.

We are all going to do this.... it is totally possible ladies!

Bren
X

Today i have drunk about 2.4ltrs of water and will drink another 500mls or so before the night is over. I am also going to consume about 500ml of green tea.

Food;
porridge - 150 cals
shake - 170 cals
coffee - 10 cals
coffee - 10 cals (both machiato's so only 2TBS of milk froth)
tuna steak and salad - 200cals
bar CD - 176cals
1/2 Atkins bar - 69 cals
oh and some pumpkins seeds - 60 cals
sprite zero - 4cals

total of 849 cals for the day

I am still very impressed when I write this down that it is exact. Usually I forget extras and then when I remember them I realise that I have gone way over in my planned limit. But not with CD. Today I had the Atkins bar because I forgot to cut my celery and carrot stick this morning....

Bren
XX

no gym today I have been the past 4 days and feel a rest day is in order.

Hey Bren.
That's fabulous news! I'm so happy for you, you'll be there in no time. I hopped on the scales and I've lost 4.4lbs so I'm happy. Feeling slightly peckish but could be due to the fact totm is on its way so I'm just sipping away at the water.. 1 litres already! I'm about to go and make myself some decaffinated coffee- I'm addicted to that stuff already. I'm so determined to finish this journey. Ice cold water and my hand blender have become my best friends as they make the shakes much more enjoyable. Hope it all goes well for you today xx

That's great Bren! Well done, writing it down makes it much more easier. You deserve a rest after those gym sessions. xxx

Today is practically over I just have to drink my green tea and perhaps a decaf coffee if I feel peckish. Oh and avoid the kitchen!!

Congrats a really good loss. You know this diet is easy. I admire that you have the determination to SS, I can't do it. I know too that in some point I might buckle and have put options in place to avoid this and how I will deal with it. However not going to mention it as I really would like to loose the 10.5kg's once and for all now.

When I get half way, a 6kg loss, I plan to do 1000 cals for the week just to keep me motivated and to shock my system. Think too that it might help my body to stabilise and realise that it is just going to have to miss it's friend "FAT"!!

Bren
XX

Well done for getting over day 3! I'm sat here with some decaffinated coffee to keep the pangs at bay, it really does help. Thanks for all your kind words Bren, it really does help to have someone starting at the same time :) Thanks hun, I never once thought I could do it; once I get past the week, it will feel like an achievement. You'll definitely lose those 10.5kgs as you seem so positive about the journey, just keep going. That's a good idea about doing 1000 calories, it should help and boost your loss. Glad you're doing well.

Shantel xx

Shantel, same goes! It's is good to be able to encourage and share the experiences with. I find decaf really good too. A good brand tastes very similar to the normal stuff I think.

When is your first WI? Mine is tomorrow as the other day I just bought packets. I will probably go by my scales as i haven't been weighed on hers from the beginning. Considering i started with 12.2kg's to loose I am hopeful. I do tend to stall around the 70 - 71 kg mark. That's when I would like to up the plan for that week and confuse my body. Fingers and toes crossed this can be in about 5 weeks time! I would like to be on maintenance by the 19th of September as I go back to Western Australia to visit family and dont really want to take my shakes etc with me.

What are you up to today??

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
I know, it tastes just as good. My first weigh in is on Monday, but my CDC and I both decided that I could use my home scales as they weigh me in heavier and she comes to visit me.

I'm sure you'll make goal by then and that is a really good idea, sometimes when I tried calorie counting, if I ate more on 1 particular day I'd find that it would help with my loss. I think the same principle can be applied to CD in regards to moving up the plans. Are you looking forward? You'll have a great time and be able to show off your new look.

I haven't got much plans for today, will probably go out and enjoy the sun :) Trying to distract myself and keep the hunger pangs at bay, will be having my first shake of the day within half an hour ;)

I take it, it's night time in Australia now? So I'll ask what your plans are for tomorrow ;)

xx

Well I'm an Art teacher, 30 yrs and currently on holiday. Hubby and I are going on a road trip to Sydney on Friday around lunch time so just going to get organised for that peck etc. I also need to get my toes and nails done..hehe!

I would love to achieve both my half way goal and final goal this year and by the said dates. Hunger does seem to be a problem for me it's the boredom. So I will keep posting but will be AWOL as of Friday afternoon. I will take my lap top but not sure on whether I will get wireless connection in our travels????

I also have aspirations of working to 1200 cals a day whilst away by using 2 CD products or just 1 and a multi. Would love to still loose a kilo or half a one.... hehe!

Bren
x

Hey Bren,
I love Art, I took it until GCSE but didn't have enough time to take it for A Level. Ooh, have fun! That sounds like such fun, I've always wanted to go on a road trip. I agree, having just had a shake I feel much better and I'm drinking plenty of water, about to go on a walk and enjoy the sun. We'll all miss you on Friday!

The great thing about CD is that it is possible to lose whilst moving up the plans, so your goal is perfectly achievable :)

xxx

Well I'm packing as I post. Going to plan to have 1 or 2 CD products a day and try not to go over 1200 cals for each day. Will keep up the water too. I dont want to gain and also dont want this diet to consume my mind during this trip.

How are you today Shantel? I have eaten 5 CD products today and a 200 cal meal. Partly temptation today and stress of getting organised. However I've drunk 3 ltrs of water and 400ml of green tea! Also been to the gym for 30 mins.

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
I hope packing goes well, I know how stressful packing can be! I agree, sometimes it's easy to become to caught up dieting. Enjoy your road trip and make sensible choices and you'll be fine! You're already doing so well, so I know you'll be fine. I managed to complete my day 3 100% which I'm happy with as I found it hard as I felt hungry due to the fact my totm started today. I'm glad I sourced the hunger and just decided to drink more coffee and water. Today has been good, just took some paracetamol for my cramps. I feel good and I'm much happier. I've had a 5.2lb loss since Monday, which is good, just hope totm doesn't affect it too much.

You're so motivated at going to the gym; once I move up higher plans I'm definitely going to try to get more active xx

Well done darl on the 100% and sticking with the 3 packs. i just couldn't do it. I am green with envy that you can do it. Perhaps when I return I will try it for a couple of days and then go back up to 790.

What an amazing loss! I wont know what my first week will be as I wont be weighed in until Wednesday the 15th of July!!! I might try and SS those 3 days before then just to ensure a good result. I think that I am back for 5 days before then. So first 2 days 790 and then I will attempt the SS... perhaps with 4 packs though so that's about 600cals instead of 450ish in a day.

Will really need some support on that one!

Bren
X

Aww thanks Bren! I really didn't think I had it in me, but something is keeping me going. As it's really hot in london, I didn't feel hungry on day 1 or 2. Day 3 was harder due to totm but day 4 has been better. I was feeling a bit unhappy today as I didn't get a job I had applied for but I just drank water. Usually I eat for emotional purposes but felt good I didn't.

I think you could definitely do SS, as you don't feel that hungry when in ketosis. It's psychological hunger. You might need to just cut down exercise on the first few days as it might make you weak and cause you to retain water but gentle toning is meant to be good. In UK people who are 5ft 8 and men have four packs a day still as SS, so you could do that too. Whatever you do, it'll come off, as you're so motivated.

It seems like a long time away, but imagine how amazing your loss will be when you weigh in! We're all here to support you, so don't worry. Have fun on your road trip! xxx

Hi girls- sorry I havent posted- manic couple of days !

well done shantel on a great first week - monday will come round very quick and that weight in will give you such a lift. I had mine yesterday after 4 days and I was done 4 lbs which I am delighted with - did have a bit of a blip afterwards at a kids party thing :break_diet: but Im back on track as of yesterday evening and I am aiming to lose 8lbs over the next 2 weeks which will bring me into the 14's first time in years. Have you taken any photos for your before and afters- put on shorts and a bra and do side/back/front ( dont look at them now- just keep them for future comparison purposes!!!) I did it a while back but then didnt start the diet but they are shocking- really bad :mad:

Bren, you prob wont see this till monday but hope you have had a great trip to sydney - very envious- would love to go to Aus/NZ and had great plans to do so but I never got round to it as was working really hard after uni so didnt take any time out and then I was pregnant at 26 and now have 2 kids under 5 so I dont think it will be happening for a while now !! Will definatly go there in the future though.

In the meantime I will have to console myself with going to Take that on sunday night in wembley-aaaggghhhh- am determined to stick to CD whilst down in london overnight so I will just need to plan ahead a bit I suppose.

Right I have just had my first half shake ( am dividing a shake in half and a bar in half every day and having those as one- i have the shake in the morning and the bar in the evening and then i wither have another 3 products during the day or 2 products and a meal if I have to eat out - yesterday I just didnt have anything in my handbag and I picked at kids bits- I must remember to always have a bar in my handbag from now on- damage limitation.

ok, good weekend to you both x

Back