Monday always a good day to restart!

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Hi everyone, I am restarting CD tomorrow and cant wait.

I did CD last year for a little while and lost only 10 of the 27lbs which I wanted to loose, as cost got in the way! I think I have about 9kilos to loose which is about 19.5 lbs.

I have been doing Atkins for a few weeks and have managed to gain as I'm a vegetarian and not enough protein was I eating to really do well on it. I have been out of control the past 2 days since learning about my gain of 5+lbs so will probably have to go back through the headaches again before I reach Ketosis.

Never mind.....

Will be doing 790 (3 products and a meal). Also at the end of the week I am going on a road trip with hubby and will be trying to CD but mainly keeping the calorie intake low as it is our anniversary annual holiday and I want to enjoy myself (1000 - 1200 cals a day that week). Then it's another 2 weeks of 790 before my birthday on the 24th (that will be a night off too).

So a big hello to everyone and feel free to pop in and keep me motivated after week 3!:wave_cry:

Bren
X

Hi Bren

I am also starting again tomorrow - determined to stick to SS+( 3 products and a meal) until August 8th which is when I am off on hols for 2 weeks - Budapest & ireland. Then I will be straight back on for 2 weeks until a hen do in ireland again and then back on again for a month until a wedding. I also intend to do similar to you on my holiday & weekends off- low carb, moderate cals & appropriate drinks ( no red wine for me:( ) but I really do need to do this properly this time and plan for these weekends/times off as in the past I have blindly said that I will stick to CD regardless and then came off it in a spectacular fashion rather then being sensible about my own personality/willpower and planning the time off plan/reducing the damage done!

You have a lot less than me to lose but i hope to keep up the exercise as well so best of luck, I will keep an eye out for you!

hi guys i joined the forum today in hope of gaining a little motivation from it.

a little about me...i did the cambridge back in jan/feb 07 and lost roughly 22kg without actually reaching my target but still feeling pretty happy. i then managed to maintain the weight for the next year and a half...but since aug 08 i have put nearly all of it back on cause i have really been binge eating...i have been wanting to return to the CD everyday since then, but keep starting...and failing on the same day...but now a friends wedding is coming up in august and i HAVE to do it...

i will start with u guys tomorrow and try and post on here daily about my progress

good luck :) xxx

hey guys...seeing as we are all starting tomorrow and together, can we not keep this thread going and attempt to post daily or pretty frequently about our progress? it would greatly help me and i think it could benefit u guys too?

Well welcome you two, great to have some same time starters!!!

I am very happy to post daily although I will be going away for a week on Friday and will not be online... sorry.

I've had my first shake and drunk 400ml of cold green tea and have another 400ml to go before i start the water. I will be aiming for 2.5ltrs a day.

Deisegirl, I will too be doing 790 and I plan to let my life happen at the same time but training myself t be sensible about food choices. I dont seem to know how to do that anymore? I have about 26.5lbs to loose and will be happy if it's gone by the end of Sept.

Good luck today ladies!

Bren
X

Well an okay day even though not 100% on the 790 plan.

2 shakes (330ish, soya ones?)
1 bar (176)
2TBS low fat natural yoghurt (30cal)
1/2 an atkins bar (70cal)
coffee + milk (20cal)

Dinner will be tofu and vege stirfry (180cals). All comes to 806cals. not bad I am pretty happy with that as I have been eating 3 or more times those calories in the past 3 days, each day!

tomorrow should be;
shake
shake
bar
carrot and celery sticks (30cal)
sprite zero
tuna and salad (170cal)

I have drunk 2.5ltrs of water and 750mls of cold green tea today. Also a 30 min walk this morning and now thinking about the gym?

How is everyone else doing?

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
Good luck, I started today. Only managed to get 3-4hours sleep; I'm trying to leave my shake until 11, so I'm sipping on water. Good luck, you'll achieve your goal :)

Thanks hun, i am feeling great about today with the cals being much much much much and much lower than the past few days. That really is my first goal achieved. Tomorrow will just to have only half a carrot and 1 stalk of celery as an extra snack to keep me going through the day. I couldn't survive on SS i admire all those who do it!

For me it's about getting the weight off but really, at a pace which is good for me and for CD not to restrict my life but to co-exist side by side. I think with too much expectation and unrealistic goals is the reason why i convinced myself I couldn't get back on the wagon last year when i fell off.

I know it's not the 100% approach having the carrot and celery. The half an atkins bar will definitely not become a habit either I can assure you. CD and loosing weight will only work for me if I drop my calories and I exercise alot too. So I should be able to burn those extra 40cals or less off with no extra effort. Important thing is just to be loosing.

Sorry for the spiel!

Bren
X

ps good luck today and why so little sleep??

Hey hun,
At least your food choices are healthy; you're teaching yourself a new way of eating and celery would be allowed on SS+. SS feels like so little, but I'm trying to have my first pack at 11am-12pm and have been drinking water and peppermint tea, which has been good for the pangs :)

Try not to over exert yourself with the exercise, do what you can (you know this already :)) I can't wait to start exercising once I work my ways up the plans; I think it makes you feel better. I might introduce some light weights in a bid to tone up.

The little sleep is due to the fact that I finished my A levels 11 days ago and have been catching up with friends on Facebook/MSN! I can't seem to get off it once I do, but it's great for distraction :)

Good luck to you too, you'll be there in no time. Let me know how it goes for you.

Shantel xxx

I agree the internet is a great distraction. Some times too much!!

Yeah i'm not too bothered about celery. As for exercise I do soemthing everyday for a minof 40 mins. So it's hard to go cold turkey about it.

XX

How's the day going for you??

See I need to be more like you when I move up for the plans :) I need to become more active :) What type of exercise do you do? I love swimming and it's meant to be good for all over body muscles. So far so good; I've drunk 1 litre of water and had a cup of peppermint tea and I'm planning to make a shake at 12. I'm actually realising that for me it's not hunger, it's more boredom that causes me to eat. So I know I need to get out of the house or find something to do; I think I'm finding it not so bad at the moment, because I'm on the internet. I'm just hoping I can remain focussed.

How is it going for you?? xx

Also buy yourself a packet of gum! this helps when you are nearing meal time. I put one in if I want to extend my shake time, if I am thinking about food and in the afternoon which is my craving time. Also when you work out when you are craving food the most, schedule in a shake then.

I walk and go to the gym. Today a 30 min walk this morning and 50 mins at the gym tonight. I'm on holidays and next week will be away so hoping to get in as much as I can now. I also aim really in my mind for 30 mins everyday. If I get in 2 sessions all the better. I try and walk with a friend once a week for variety. Importantly I dont see it in my mind as a chore if it's only 30 mins and once there I usually do longer.

Swimming is very good for my though I find having long hair, which I wash everyday a hassle to swim with and caps drive me nuts! hehe

I do love doing floor exercises/sit ups/fit ball etc in front of the tv when I can't be bothered going to the gym. You might want to try this now between commercials etc at night.

Bren
X

you are doing very well today, just stay occupied or play a game if you get bored....oh and the gum.

Hi Girls

yes agreed- lets keep on top of this thread for motivation purposes - I can see you two have already made an excellent start !!. Well done on an great start bren, you are a day ahead of us as the time works out . Well its nearly lunchtime here so I have had my porridge for breakfast with cinnamon and some flax seed powder which makes it all nutty and delicious. I will probably have a shake mid afternoon and maybe some fish and salad for dinner with a sugar free jelly- there is a fab range called birds eye baked to perfection which is pretty low carb & cal, bung it in the oven for 25 mins, job done. then I will have another porridge at some point. Actually sounds a lot written down here but I have found in the past that the later I have my first product the easier the day works out for me.

Exercise wise- I did 15 mins on an exercise bike here this morning however I have been at home sick since last wednesday and just cany shake it off so I am still feeling very woozy and headachey so I wont really start up on the exercise until next week- going to give myself a week to get into the groove with the diet and then start up...my plan is to walk or swim for 45 mins 6 evening a week and then 8 mins skipping( dvd ) every morning to wake up, with 20 mins kettlebell to wake me up and another 30 mins low impact cardio whilst watching tv.

This is all a bit extreme for me ( probably perfectly normal for others) and so I am just hoping to do this for the first month and then ease back to just 1 hour a day movement of some sort.

sbridge7- know what you mean re boredom- that is my downfall too when I go to the kitchen and search aimlessly - that and when i am out and about with friends or the kids and just want to have what everyone else is having- I always think ah well, start again tomorrow but tomorrow never comes for me so it has to happen now!

best of luck for the rest of the day.:D

sorry sohypnotized- forgot to say- I have a holiday in ireland in august & will be seeing my family so that is my first mini goal too - to have made a dent in the weightloss and to be able to see some kind of difference!

Deisegirl is this your first time doing CD?? I was just wondering what plan you are on that's all with the jelly. I am vegetarian so no jelly for me - gelatin.

Good luck with today. Oh and like I mentioned to Sbridge7, gum really helps too.

Bren
X

Oh you will definitely see a difference in over a month! When do you leave?

xx

No unfortunately not my first time doing cambridge but I have never managed to stick to it for more than a week so this is really a test of how badly I want to lose the weight this time !!

Re the jelly its not 'on plan' but there is a sugar free jelly over here called hartleys thats less than 10 cals a pot and negligable carbs and it kind of keeps me going so I will see how I go with week one- if it doesnt work out well, I will pull back to the bare minimum of CD.

Leaving for hols on 6th august and on hols till the 23rd so quite a time really, will try my level best to compensate for the cals through exercise as have a gym and a pool available to me for the first week and can SS + for the second week as back in ireland.

YOU WILL DEFINITELY BE ABLE TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE!

Also you are tall so probably carry it well too. Are you athletic person now or have been?? I have always been ultra active. i dont think the jelly will have much of an impact. Wait until week 3 when things stall a little and drop the jelly then and switch to carrot or celery sticks ( this is what I do ). i figure on the odd day that if i even have an extra 100 cals i'm still under the 1000 (900) so weight should still move. So long as I stick with CD I will loose and if making it manageable means the above I'm okay with that. Last year I got to week 5 and had a friend visit and went out and had a meal and wine and never managed to get back into it.... punishing myself ever since.

But like you I just want have life and loose the weight. i have tried many diets but, CD seems to be the one I feel will let me get a hold on this and surely succeed. i go home at the end of Sept that's when I would like to be at goal and working up the plans.

I do also plan that when I get stuck about week 4 or 5, I plan to schedule in a day of 1000 just to keep me interested and focused along with shocking my body.

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
All is going well so far *touch wood* I went out for a walk with my mum around Reagents Park; we each walked around 8000+ steps so that was great keeping my mind off food. I also brought water with me and sipped that on my way and I'm about to have my second food pack in a bit. I'm not experiencing headaches so far, which I thought I would be but I'm not complaining. Thanks for your tip on the gum, as I'll need that soon when ketosis breath kicks in :)

Deisegirl well done on the exercise, I did 8000+ steps today but I'm quite tired now as it was so hot and sunny. I agree boredom is the worst part; I've often mistaken 'boredom' for 'hunger' and now I know that this is my downfall. So far so good.

We can do it! Hope all is going well for you both :) xx

Haven't we all mistaken hungry for bordem. I also eat when i have to do things (work). I think okay before I do that job what can I eat before I start, like I need it to be able to fuel myself!

Well done on the walk Sbridge! Your mum sounds like a star!

I have weighed and measured this morning.. . . . . I have lost 1.2kg's!!!!! and 1.5cm's off my waist. Well happy I am.

DAY 1 - is quite easy
DAY 2 - is a faint headache all day and you might think about food, but you are not really hungry
DAY 3 - is full blown headache by the afternoon and you think that you should give yourself food to relieve the pain (dont do it, take a panadol and have a bath)
DAY 4 - you are in Ketosis!!!!!!! and your body has converted to burning fat for fuel.

Bren
X

Back