Monday Hour X Hour

Hi BL

Yesterday we took an hour and half drive to Nottingham so that my two eldest could have a go at sphering. A long drive considering the whole event lasted approx 25 seconds. Thats the quickest £55 I have ever spent.

Still really hungry yesterday although I was one down because I had to put my bar in the bin.

I am weighing myself and so far have lost about 5lb according to my scales but even with that still struggling because I am so hungry.

I said to my husband last night what I cannot understand is how some of the people on this board who have more to lose than me and who seem to have more food issues than me find it so easy.

I am trying to put this diplomatically, how can someone who has eaten to excess find it so easy to ignore the hunger.

Hi Kaz

Well, for me I made a pact with myself at the beginning.....and I spent weeks telling myself how I was going to deal with this diet, and that was: Failure is NOT an option; This is ONLY TEMPORARY; and I gave mysef ZERO TOLERANCE to anything negative about the diet.

Before I even tasted my first shake/soup/bar, I told myself they were good. When I had them - they were good. Of course they are not YUMMY, which is what we are accustmed to. But this is not meant to be a time for yummy things. So I accepted happily the flavours/tastes/and textures.

A stron will and nothing but positive reenforcement make ALL the difference. If you are always telling yurself you are hungry - you are always going to be hungry. You need to CHANGE THE CHANNEL. It really is that easy with a few goes practice. WE are in control of what we put in our mouths. We DO have the power to say NO or YES - I made myself remember that daily.

I wanted to lose this weight more then anything in life. It was going to kill me. It was slow suicide. It was reaching critical times within my old noggin. Do or die, really. And it was what I wanted most, above anything, was to get rid of what was holding me back and weighing me down and keeping me from living my one and only life.

I know you are struggling, and I am sorry - but I realy think if you spend some mental time channelling all the energy you can muster, and start viewing what you are doing differently - it will help you. Remember you are CHOOSNG to do this because you want to - and that might help.

I have found this exceptionaly easy - and I so wish I could bottle that for those that struggle - had many struggles myself - but with some hard, soul searching work - I believe anyone can do it if they embed themselves right in it. Its only a short short time in your whole long life.

I hope this helps in some way. Give it a go - change the channel, and don't return to the other one. Be strong - you can do it - its just age old habits trying to speak louder then your own desire.

Good luck,

x

Hi BL

Have been chatting with my friend this afternoon who is doing LL, she said she thinks the difference between me and her is that she has a minimum of 8 stone to lose where as I would love to lose 4 could quite easily get away with 3 stone and still be really slim. So she is like you and is in the zone as she keeps saying. However, she also said she is not hungry at all. She also said that with much more weight to lose than me she was desperate.

I am still hanging in there but we also discussed whether we could have a cup of tea with milk. If I could just have tea with milk it would make a huge difference. I was looking at the milk today and semi skimmed is 4.8g carbs per 100ml. I would probably only do 100ml over the course of the day and it would be skimmed so expect the carbs would be less. I don't like much milk in my tea and it has to be skimmed cannot stand milky tea.

What do you reckon would that be the slippery slope.

ps
just checked on weightloss resources skimmed is actually 4.9g per 100ml

Kazd, I understand your frustration. Many have been before you and am sure many will follow you.

The question to ask yourself is this - how badly do you want to lose the weight? If you badly want to lose it, avoid the milk. It may only be a small amount, but its not in the diet. The diet is been scientifically proven and works. You have said that you only have a few stone to lose, trust me you will lose that in next to no time, and then can drink all the tea you want.

I'm like you - a huge tea drinker, and how I got through it was adding the St Clements flavouring instead of milk to my tea, it's a lovely drink and incredibly addictive.

Stay strong - three months (max) without a splash of milk in your tea is not long for the degree of weight loss that you'll have.

Good luck
xx

Hi, I don't want to undermine any of the positive vibes but.... when I did LL I made an executive decision in week 3 that I was going to have a splash of milk in my tea and coffee as I felt it would be the one boost that would keep me on the straight and narrow. I never mentioned it to anyone, I was prepared to take a little longer to lose the weight if necessary. I never deviated from the diet in any other way and I lost 4.5 stone in the 14 weeks. It just worked for me, I think if I hadn't made that choice I might have failed to stick with it. The fact I'm back and having to lose a bit, is not to do with my taking a drop of milk, that's another story! However, I'm on W8 which is so like LL it could be it! apart from the fact you are allowed milk, it's counted as your daily calories and every 4th week you have one 'meal' a day as well as packs (from an approved list, not fish and chips!!) Whatever you decide to do, and you have heard both sides of the argument I wish you loads of success :):):)

Hi ANnie.....are you 150% sure you are not back here because you had a splash of milk? Obviously don;t want to pry or nor do you need to explain....but the whole premis of LL, is to address your issues with food. If you start off the bat "cheating" - you really aren't learning. You are still using food as a treat, or a "boost".. I totally understand what you are saying, don;t get me wrong.....but It hink when you are shelling out 66 quid a week, for a trained psychologist, who is teaching you that to address your issues with food so that the weight is lost for good, not regained, etc. you should use that time wisely - and make it your LAST attempt at weight loss.

I know that extenuating circs can lead to weight gain - but maybe not if we have all the tools, which is what we learn by abstaining. 100%. Not 95%. Thats just my opinion.

I am happy if it worked for you, and you were happy with it taking longer. But personally I would not advocate it.

No one is going to die if they have to drink black tea or coffee for a short while. They will survive to do it again the next day. :D

Kazd - I think you need to think long and hard what you really want out of a weight loss plan, and be sure this is the right one for you. If you are struggling every day - and no offense at all made, but that does come across that that weighs on your mind a lot during the day - I think you will find this quite difficult.

Have you considered Cambridge? You are allowed one meal a day - I am not sure if that is all weeks, or occassionaly - but I know they have more variety in their plans where LL is quite black and white.

Just my opinion folks - if you are shelling out the big bucks - do as they say, learn what they have to teach, and get shot of it as quickly as possible and then get on with your life.

8 months and 8 stones lighter - once well into the diet, the time has blazed past. It may as well have been a month.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Yee Hah !! 9 stones -gone....4ever

Hey Kazd
You can do it. I agree with BL. It's all in your head. You mention your firend who has more weight to lose. Do you think you can be a little less strict with yourself because you haven't got so far to go?
For me it was all or nothing. I had so much to lose - 9stone gone (at wigh in tonight) -2 more stone to go.
I haven't cheated, I haven't felt hungry. The only deviation from the programme I made was that I didn't do the milk week half way through. I thought if I lose momentum I might not be able to get back on track.
Maybe people who start with more weight to lose can stick with it because we reach desperation point before we start LL. I think we are particularly lucky in our group because we have a great counsellor.
GOOD LUCK:flowers::flowers::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::flowers:

Hi again, I agree with everything you have said BL and Slender, but sometimes it boils down to whatever works for each of us. Ok, I realise that adapting any diet plan to suit yourself rather defeats the object, but if you take the essence of the diet and can continue with it and succeed and have the will power to not cheat in any other aspect then it must be better than throwing in the towel and stewing in your own porkiness. The only reason I replied to this thread was I saw exactly what Kaz was going through and although I realised I might open myself up to a few differences of opinons, I just wanted to tell her of my experience with the same issue. Just my opinion of course.
And just to put your mind at rest BL, I can honestly say it was not the drops of milk that caused the weight gain. You have done amazingly well, I've watched your progress from before you even started, I too had Val as my 'leader' so I took a interest. One of the biggest lessons I've learnt, is it is so easy to lose the weight, I too found it a breeze with LL, but you will find when the time comes, it's sooooo hard keeping it off. If you think you need will power now, you have no idea how much harder it's going to get. Don't get me wrong, it's also fantastic to have achieved slimming utopia, but it's always going to be a struggle no matter how well you think you have your head, inner child and crooked thinking sorted! Best of luck to all of us, may this be one war we all win. :gen126:

Oh, no kidding Annie! I think we could ALL write a book on how to LOSE weight! ;) It's keeping it off where the real work begins!! Been bracing myself for months!!! <bites nails nervously> :D

ANd yes, you are absolutely right - any form of success is better throwing in a towel!

How are you finding W8 so far? I must say, I learned of that once I was well into LL - but I was intrigued by it. It sounded like a good plan. I know its early days for you, but do you think you are going to like it? I've heard good things so far! ")

Hi,
Obviously it's early days on W8, but it feels so much like LL that it has been easy to get into. There aren't any classes near me yet, so I order online and post my weigh in results there too. I'm ok with that, having enjoyed Vals group sessions I would have preferred to be in a group just for the company, but there are some people on here doing it so I'm not totally nobby no-mates!
The soups and shakes are pretty much the same. They do a spag bol pack that's almost like eating real food and it has the same values as a soup or shake so you can have it willy nilly, that's good! They don't do bars, but having had the LL ones, no great loss there! I think the main difference and the reason you don't have to get GP consent is that every 4th week, you add a meal from a list of ok items, such as veg and chicken every day, plus the packs. Then you start the 4 week cycle again, 3 weeks just packs, 4th with a meal. They also have various regimes depending on how much you want to lose, or to fit into your lifestyle. However, it all boils down to it is a vlcd and you can either hack it or you can't. It suits me, I like quick results, I've just got to sort out maintaining said results! I think I've learnt my lesson now :whoopass:, I can pinpoint where I went wrong and that's 75% of any battle!
Ohhh, I forgot to say you can have milk on this plan as well!!
You keep up your good work, I suspect your story and achievement has kept many waiverers hanging on in there! :):)

Back