Monday weigh in

abiwatty said:
Had my first weigh in yesterday but it was after 5 days not 7 - I'd joined last wed cos of the bank holiday. Lost 3lb!

I then went out for dinner and had chicken and mushroom risotto and then a big piece of tiramisu. Whoops. Going to have to reign the syns in massively for the rest of the week!

But I'm back on it today; quinoa with berries for breakfast (quinoa's free and makes a great porridge substitute!). Left over SW chili and wholemeal bread for lunch. SW fish pie for tea.

I posted on one of the other boards but no one seemed to want to talk to me :( I need the support at much as the next person :(

Any tips for eating desert on restaurants that isn't just eat sorbet (don't like it) or fruit salad? Fruit salad in a restaurant is not a treat to me!

:) x

Well done on ur loss...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

abiwatty said:
Had my first weigh in yesterday but it was after 5 days not 7 - I'd joined last wed cos of the bank holiday. Lost 3lb!

I then went out for dinner and had chicken and mushroom risotto and then a big piece of tiramisu. Whoops. Going to have to reign the syns in massively for the rest of the week!

But I'm back on it today; quinoa with berries for breakfast (quinoa's free and makes a great porridge substitute!). Left over SW chili and wholemeal bread for lunch. SW fish pie for tea.

I posted on one of the other boards but no one seemed to want to talk to me :( I need the support at much as the next person :(

Any tips for eating desert on restaurants that isn't just eat sorbet (don't like it) or fruit salad? Fruit salad in a restaurant is not a treat to me!

:) x

Well done on ur loss...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Thanks lucylou!

Meringue is a good idea for an alternative dessert, that hadn't occurred to me!

The quinoa is easy to make for breakfast but takes about 20 minutes to cook. It tastes nutty and has a slightly different texture to porridge, but with berries or banana in it it's lovely. A spoonful of either peanut butter or nutella is rather nice too, but obviously adds syns (though not that many for what it is!

Breakfast Quinoa

1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup milk (or half cup milk half cup water - tastes the same and you can save some for tea/coffee etc)
Sweetener to taste
Vanilla extract if you like (don't think this adds syns but couldn't find any info)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or nutmeg)
pinch of salt

Berries or banana or fruit of your choice

Pu quinoa and milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Stir in sweetener and cinnamon. Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed. Stir in fruit, and cook for 30 seconds. Serve with a little additional milk, sweetener, cinnamon, and blueberries and anything else you fancy!

I'd be interested to see what you ladies think to it!

Abi :)

It is lovely but like unsaid quite a different texture to porridge. I really like it now and it gives me a smug feeling knowing it free and a great source of protein :)

yay! 3lb off + over the 2 stone mark = happy me! Next stop club 10!

Sitting feeling pudgy and worrying about Monday! Not had a fab week... Monday went out to dinner and had tiramisu and risotto (about 30 syns I think!! :-( ) Tuesday only 4.5 syns, Wednesday 7 syns, Thursday screwed up again with a granary chicken and bacon sandwich (but no mayo) and then an ice-cream in the afternoon (guess-tamated at 25 syns), Friday 5 syns, today 10 syns.

Am I right to think that I can flexible-syn it for this week and it could still all be ok!?
If so the we get max 15 per day, so 105 for a week (max).
And I'm on 81.5...

I will be gutted if I gain on Monday!

I think I need a hug...!

Oh that is totally me. Panicking all over the shop bout monday. Feel like a nutter. Must be doin hubbies head in! Had hardly any syns then went over syns past 2 days but still under 105 and still cant relax. Its my 1st wi on monday too!

abiwatty and fatgottago just draw a line under it and get back on plan.

You can't change the past and you never know you might still have lost - our bodies are strange machines!

Good luck everyone with your Monday weigh in! ;)

My first wi and I lost 4.25lbs am chuffed as most I have ever lost first week on any diet I tend to be a very slow looser! Also was ill on Saturday and ate an awful lot of cupcakes I had made for visitors! Did about 35km on my bike last aiming for a bit more this week!

Oh well I will find out what I lost at 5.30 tonight, wish there was a morning class near me but nevermind lol. still appears that I have not lost, so its not goin be a good night but will report back later once I know what mrs sw scales have to say! :(

Dreading my wi today after a 2 day binge this week (i was at target who knows now!). I think the day of WI drags coz i just wanna know wish i had a morning class

Hi guys, my first weigh in this morning and was very happy with my 9lbs loss (Was expecting a big loss with it being my first week but not that big.) Really happy today.

Well done to those weighed in so far x

I lost 4lbs!!!!! but I will not be back at class as it was chronic and I felt about as welcome 1 stone gain would of been :( are they supposed to not check my fit log and food diary too? nobody looked at it or even asked me for it :(

Back