Monday weigh in

No weigh in for me today as I've been poorly and off plan all weekend. Putting it down as a "holiday" and hoping to get back on the wagon today!

Shifted 1.5lbs this week after a (deserved!) stay the same last week. Only 2lb to get my 2.5st award!

Weighed in yesterday and lost 3lbs!!! No idea how I did it haha but hopefully the same next week as if so I'll reach Club 10!

lost 2.5lbs last week...was suprised and relieved! I am 3.5 lbs away from club 10 and not set a target weight yet...how did you decide on yours?! I'm 5'3 and never been a healthy weight for my height since I was a child....
I need to set a new target soon....

lost 2.5lbs last week...was suprised and relieved! I am 3.5 lbs away from club 10 and not set a target weight yet...how did you decide on yours?! I'm 5'3 and never been a healthy weight for my height since I was a child....
I need to set a new target soon....

Fiddle girl, I decided on 10 stone for my target for several reasons; it would put me firmly in the "healthy" BMI bracket; it would be the lightest I've been in my adult life; it's a nice round number!

If you're 5 ft 3 and managed to get to 10 stone you'd be clinically "healthy" too but it depends on how you carry it - for some people being 10 stone would make them look gaunt and unhealthy, or you may still feel like you're not happy and want to lose a touch more. It's all up to you :)

Thanks! I thought 9.5 stone would be good for me, I've never weighed this as an adult, a lot of people are trying to put me off though telling me not to lose much more, I clearly need too since I weigh 14 stone! I think some people find it hard when a friend who was over weight becomes healthy in their weight sometimes?!
Thanks for good advice...If I ever start looking too thin I'll stop (can't imagine!)

I think some people find it hard when a friend who was over weight becomes healthy in their weight sometimes?!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm currently sitting around 15.5st and keep getting comments that I need to stop dieting/must be near target now etc. As you say, clearly I'm not too skinny or in danger of body dismorphic disorder (that's what it's called, right?). I've even had a close (immediate) family member oh so helpfully tell me I'll "never be slender", I "shouldn't aim to lose all the excess weight because you'll have rolls upon rolls of excess skin and that's ugly" and that my "boobs are gone". Also that 11st 12lb is an unrealistic target weight for me and I'll never get there (I'm 5ft 8 and that would give me a bmi of 24.9). It's no wonder people find it so hard to lose weight when the people who are supposed to be your biggest cheerleaders are so caught up in their own insecurities that they can't see what they are doing.

I lost 1.5lb today, very happy with that at this time of year! :) Have a lovely Christmas everyone. :109:

3 lb lost in 2 weeks happy bunny as I had a very bad week and because it was my first week I was too nervous to go to the slimming world meeting. I'm glad I've stuck to it this week and very happy to have lost weight x

Lost 3lb this week & achieved my 2st award! Brilliant Christmas present!!!

you've done brilliantly so far by the looks of it...and you and I know that we want to keep going...I am looking at losing another 4 - 5 stone, I am ignoring the people telling me to stop...I am only just into size 16's and have a wobbly belly roll! I think we have as much right to be slim...they will all have to get used to it...I am having to agree to disagree with people...if they've never been large (especially for a lifetime!) then they won't know what it's like. perhaps they think we'll change and not be the people they know & love and feel comfortable with...we will though, as we'll feel more comfortable with ourselves so surely its in their better interests?!

I know exactly what you mean. I'm currently sitting around 15.5st and keep getting comments that I need to stop dieting/must be near target now etc. As you say, clearly I'm not too skinny or in danger of body dismorphic disorder (that's what it's called, right?). I've even had a close (immediate) family member oh so helpfully tell me I'll "never be slender", I "shouldn't aim to lose all the excess weight because you'll have rolls upon rolls of excess skin and that's ugly" and that my "boobs are gone". Also that 11st 12lb is an unrealistic target weight for me and I'll never get there (I'm 5ft 8 and that would give me a bmi of 24.9). It's no wonder people find it so hard to lose weight when the people who are supposed to be your biggest cheerleaders are so caught up in their own insecurities that they can't see what they are doing.

I did a reply but not sure it worked...its in the post above this

weigh in tomorrow...syns binge on christmas day (34) but had less the rest of the week so it still adds up...stayed on plan but nervous about weigh in...no idea what the scales will do....

1 1/2 on, I'm ok with that and still within target zone!
Going to be really good week this week and hopefully get down to exact target for first weigh in of 2015!!

2.5 on for me - was expecting at least double that as completely off plan and binge-central for a week! So pretty pleased. Aiming to have that off and more next week :)

Back