mongolian bbq

eilidhsmummy

Hi

Has anybody been to a Mongolian bbq before?

I have booked a table for Friday night in Glasgow, they do zebra, kangaroo, boar and ostrich.

Just wondered if anybody else had tried it x

Laura x

Sounds very interesting!! I haven't been to anything like that, but then I don't eat red meat :p But I think it's great that you're gonna try new and interesting food. Hope you enjoy it :)

Be interesting to hear how it is.

Enjoy !!!

ooo that sounds lovely, ive never heard of it before though! wonder if i could find one near me :confused: have a great time, ive had boar and ostrich before and they were both yummy so you're in for a good tasty evening :p enjoy xx

I know there is one in Edinburgh 2, the do a deal for 3 courses inc a glass of wine for £21 which is the same as we spent going 2 Jamie Oliver's Italian last month for our 1st wedding anniversary, its hubby's birthday 2day x

Hmm - a Mongolian kangaroo??

Seriously, I have no idea what a Mongolian barbeque is, although it sounds very multicultural!

I have eaten ostrich and wild boar before, and they were both delicious, so I am sure you will have a great time. And "wild" meats are usually very lean, so not too many syns.

Sounds very similar to one I went to in Huddersfield which I loved. Thankfully it's quite a distance from where I live so I'm not too tempted by it. I had a problem stopping myself from going back and trying yet another combination of food, oil and sauce.

I am another one that couldn't eat any odd meat, I'm not veggie but very fussy. I wouldn't touch duck or rabbit, or venison or anything other than chicken, pork, beef (not steak) and lamb. xx

Why is that? Have you tried them and not liked them? Or don't think you would like them if you tried them? Or do you have some other objection?

Me - I'll try anything once.

Except baked beans, of course.

It will b different lol, we are in the try anything once, its a cool idea, you pick ur meat, spices and oils a.d they cook it 4 u!

Not planning on using oils lol to keep it free

Best bit u can keep going up!

So getting monies worth x

Back