Monkey30's Maintenance Diary AKA: A new me...making better choices...

Mon 10th & Tues 11th May 2010

Mon 10th May

Breakfast - 30g porridge with skimmed milk. teaspoon of lemon curd, teaspoon of saltanas and teaspoon of walnuts.

Lunch - lowfat seeded pitta with roast turkey, scraping of low fat garlic and herb cream cheese, scraping of tomato pickle, iceberg, yellow pepper, cucumber.
Weight watchers caramel rice pudding.

Snack - 10 haribo's

Tea - French onion soup with cheese couton. Spinach and Ricotta Tortollini

Drinks - 4 litre water, 3 cups green tea, 500ml diet coke, 6 large glasses dry white wine, 4 southern comfort's with diet coke....Doh!

Tues 11th May

Breakfast - one very big hangover, 1 and a half slices of brown toast with strawberry jam, one VERY LARGE strong black coffee with one sugar

Lunch - (Power Station Canteen...) Paprika Chicken breast with roast potatoes and carrots & Peas

Dinner - rump steak salad, with one slice garlic bread
Dessert - Chololate lovers sundae.......not even going to say what was in it!!

Drinks - 6 litres water, 2 glasses of water, water, water, and a pint of diet coke

Two bad days....
Nothing more to say on the subject really, but two very bad days!
Drank far too much on monday night in the hotel in Scotland, had a late night so very little sleep, food choices were bad! Then on Tuesday I was at a power station and had to contend with the staff canteen!! Lots of egg, chips etc on choice, so was pleased i went with a chicken breast!

Tuesday I arrived home from scotland after a 4 hour drive and was bundled back in teh car and off we went to the pub for tea because my husbands sister arrived home to suprise everyone after being in Oz for the last 4 years!!
...shouldn't have had the chocolate lovers pud!!

On a plus side, although i have been a bad girl, i was really pleased with some of the better choices I am making.
For example, we had haribo's, and yes I had a few, but this packet lasted 8 hours.... that's unheard of in my past!!
I have avoided chips still!! I have had numorous occassions where chips were on the menu, and i've chosen other options....
There were two packs of shortbread in the hotel room when i arrived.... i'm pleased to say those were untouched!!!

So, pull it back for the next few days, and then Tapas on saturday night for my hubbies 30th!!!

You are seeing a difference in your attitude and it is so true that it is all in the choices we make!

It isnt easy when you are away as I think you go into another mode, just being out of your own comfort zone and routine.

Now, you need to nip it in the bud or it will spiral! Talking from experience:mad: It is so easy to think, "ah, one more day wont make any difference", but it will, cause your attitude becomes lax and lazy and then you get to the point where you are almost numbed by it and dont even think whether good or bad choices!

Sorry, rambled there, but just wanted you to know dont let it slip as you have done so well, but dead easy to slip back to the old ways :)

Hope you had a nice time though with the sister in law...and cant fool me, I know what is in that choc thing (as I have had it too)!!!! GORGEOUS :D:D:D is probably an understatement!!!!

Have a good rest of a week and enjoy hubbies 30th birthday meal too!

Hope you had a nice time though with the sister in law...and cant fool me, I know what is in that choc thing (as I have had it too)!!!! GORGEOUS :D:D:D is probably an understatement!!!!QUOTE]

hee hee, it was so good!!!!

thank you for your advice. I know I've had a few if-y days, but i'm confident its not going to continue!!
I've had museli for brekkie, cottage cheese salad bun for lunch, and i've some pork loins defrosting for tea!! And i KNOW there is NO WAY i'm drinking again for a long while lol :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ktx

Hope you had a nice time though with the sister in law...and cant fool me, I know what is in that choc thing (as I have had it too)!!!! GORGEOUS :D:D:D is probably an understatement!!!!QUOTE]

hee hee, it was so good!!!!

thank you for your advice. I know I've had a few if-y days, but i'm confident its not going to continue!!
I've had museli for brekkie, cottage cheese salad bun for lunch, and i've some pork loins defrosting for tea!! And i KNOW there is NO WAY i'm drinking again for a long while lol :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ktx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done on leaving them shortbread ... thats some willpower!!!! :giggle: And totally hear what yer saying about the haribo ... i used to eat a whole packet of the tropical fruit ones in about 5 mins! :eek:

Scotsmist is spot on, as usual, you cannot afford the attitude of slipping too often. This is what got us all where we are. I too have a lifestyle that can involve far too many nice restaurants,drink etc etc. Like you I am making some better choices but really have to make a big effort not to slip, too often. It is a battle but we must keep fighting. Keep on track.

Wednesday 12th May 2010

Breakfast - 50g muselli with tablespoon fat-free fromage frais, strawberries/blackberries

Snack mid-morning (was starving) - weight watchers vanilla rice pudding

Lunch - Two small Healthy Living wholemeal buns, with cottage cheese, tomato pickle, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion

Tea - Small pork loin chop, wholewheat pasta cooked with garlic, mushrooms, courgette, red pepper, yellow pepper, tin plum tomatoes
Dessert - 3 (yes 3!!) weight watchers mini ice cream sticks

Snacks - 3 (yes, 3 again) Ryvita crackers with extra light garlic & herb cream cheese. 1 healthly living small wholemeal bun with extra light garlic & herb cream cheese (think i see an obsession with G&H philly appearing here!!). Packet of love hearts. Packet of Parma Violets!
Packet of Walkers French Garlic Baguette Crisps....

Had a snacking issue today! I knew i would crave the sweets again after the haribo on Monday/Tuesday! And i had the walkers just to see what the fuss was about.
Need to get out of my head that because i'm having more than one treat, its ok because its weight watchers so calorie controlled.......WRONG.....DURRR........ITS STILL TOO MUCH FOOD!!!!
Gonna readdress this NOW before it gets out of hand....

Found out an old friend is back on LL and lost 16lb in two weeks......i'm jealous, i want to be back with the safety net of TFR!!!

Face your demons !!! It is easy for us to think get back on TFR! You have done so well and now the hard work of making right choices is here....... :)

I think you are right about thinking cause it is WW that it is ok; if you allow yourself to keep snacking inbetween and feel hungry then you may not be giving yourself enough good GI food to keep you going.

A mid morning and mid afternoon snack I reckon is ok..if you feel you really need them and they do keep you going.

Maybe you should look further into low GI food that will sustain you for longer, although what you had as main meals seemed ok!! So, my suspicion is that you are still in that mode of picking and thinking you can keep eating, etc and it wont make a difference.

Dont let it slip.......not being horrible, I just recongnise exactly where you are at and been there so many times that it is futile in the end.

When TFR'ing the big weight losses are great but you cant live off the forever and at the end of the day, reality is that food is here and it is up to us to try and somehow learn to live with it within our limits!! Easier said than done I know.

Dont give up and dont start comparing yourself AND looking at others,,concentrate on YOU!! What your friend is doing is great, but encourage her as this is where she is at. Your next step is eating healthily :)!!

Hang in, and sorry, once again for the rant!!!!!!!!! Seem to be doing a lot of that recently..sure you will get me back one day !

You do seem to be picking a lot between meals - make sure you are full up at meal times which could help.

Yep, agree with Iris and Mary, the snacking is too much. I think you have a bit too many carbs going on too. Why not try a couple of plums(chop them up finely, it looks a lot bigger that way!!) and add five chopped walnuts or a dessert spoon of mixed seeds. It is very filling and low GI/GL. Maybe try two oatcakes with a dessert spoon of peanut butter or cottage cheese. Also, chop an apple and add a tablespoon of yoghurt to it. Oh, it is so hard to stay on the straight and narrow but we must keep on trying!!!

Those ww deserts are just bad news imho anyways. You see them, they have little calories so you think you can have more than one. If i was you i just wouldnt buy them. Personally, i don't see the point in them as that is all they make you do! :eek:

Also like mary said ... make sure your full up at meal times.

One snack that i find pretty filling if i want one is a cut up apple with a lf yog poured over the top. You could also cut up different fruits etc.

This snacking buisness is ard to get a grip of once it starts aint it!

..... what everyone else has said ...... s'ard though 'inni'??!! :eek: xx

Monkey, how are you doing????

Thursday 13th & Friday 14th May 2010

Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA :eek:
Been sooooo busy at work, out of the office Thursday and Friday and not had much time to log on!!!

Still have snacking issues :mad:, but i'm going to knock that on the head TODAY!!!

Thurs 13th

Breakfast - porridge with skimmed milk, blueberries, strawberries and lemon curd!

Lunch - left over pasta from the night before

Snack mid-afternoon - weight watchers vanilla rice pudding with blueberries

Tea - Chicken breast poached in water and balsamic with red onion, garlic, courgette, carrots and roasted baby new potatoes
Dessert - weight watchers ice cream cornetto

Snacks - 2 Packets of Parma Violets! two slices bread with philly. Packet of Walkers French Garlic Baguette Crisps.., 10p packet of haribo!

Fri 14th

Breakfast - Muselli with low fat yogurt, strawberries, blueberries

Lunch - two slices wholemeal bread with scraping cottage cheese, sliced chicken, tomato pickle, lettuce, cucumber, pepperdew peppers, with a side of cherry tomatoes!

Snacks mid-afternoon - apple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, spoon of yogurt

Tea - prawns with lemon juice and cajun spices, courgette, pepperdew peppers, red onion, with rice, peas and sweetcorn. Two glasses of wine!!
Dessert - weight watchers ice cream cornetto

Snacks - two slices bread with philly. 2 (come on Katy, sort it out) Special K bars.

I TOTALLY know where i am going wrong....... HOW MUCH bread!! HOW MANY sweets!! And CRISPS!! BLOODY CRISPS!!!! :mad::mad::mad::sigh::sigh::sigh:
I'm knocking it on the head right now!!
I weighed yesterday and lost a pound, but in no way is that going to lull me into a sense of security.....I will be shocked if i don't weigh heavier next week!! I know my gut has grown, so whether i'm retaining water, or bloated from all the carbs, i am not thinking in anyway that i'm doing well!!

Its my gorgeous hubby's 30th birthday tomorrow :birthday:, so tonight we're going for a tapas and tomorrow we're going to alton towers and out drinking in the Boro in the evening. I'm not panicking, I know i have to take in steady........ But seriously, from right now i know i must reduce my consumption, portion sizes, and for gods sake stop with the bloody sweets and crisps :slap:

On a lighter note, I had a Fitness assessment on Thursday, and i'm quite pleased with the results...... I'm actually not that obese troll i think i am in my head lol

(A) = Actual (R) = Recommended
Fat Weight (A) 18.7KG (R) 16-21KG
Lean Weight (A) 62.3KG (R) 60-65KG
Water (A) 53.2% (R) 50-60%
Water (A) 43.1 LTRs (R) 41-49 LTRs
Body Fat Result (A) 23.1% (R) 20-26%

So not bad. I know there are areas I need to work on, and again, these results are NOT going to lull me into a false sense of security...... but its nice to know ;)

anyway guys, i think i've gone on a bit too long!! Thanks for you help and advice, I'm slowly sorting my head out (trip to library and book on overeating and womens relationship with food helping) and I will not let 30 years of demons keep on pushing me down that slippery slope!!!

TTFN Katy xxx

:feedtroll:

Last edited:
Face your demons !!! It is easy for us to think get back on TFR! You have done so well and now the hard work of making right choices is here....... :)

I think you are right about thinking cause it is WW that it is ok; if you allow yourself to keep snacking inbetween and feel hungry then you may not be giving yourself enough good GI food to keep you going.

A mid morning and mid afternoon snack I reckon is ok..if you feel you really need them and they do keep you going.

Maybe you should look further into low GI food that will sustain you for longer, although what you had as main meals seemed ok!! So, my suspicion is that you are still in that mode of picking and thinking you can keep eating, etc and it wont make a difference.

Dont let it slip.......not being horrible, I just recongnise exactly where you are at and been there so many times that it is futile in the end.

When TFR'ing the big weight losses are great but you cant live off the forever and at the end of the day, reality is that food is here and it is up to us to try and somehow learn to live with it within our limits!! Easier said than done I know.

Dont give up and dont start comparing yourself AND looking at others,,concentrate on YOU!! What your friend is doing is great, but encourage her as this is where she is at. Your next step is eating healthily :)!!

Hang in, and sorry, once again for the rant!!!!!!!!! Seem to be doing a lot of that recently..sure you will get me back one day !

you're not ranting, don't worry! ;)
I'm going to really look into low GI.
I know i have a sort of GI attitude in my main meals, but the snacks are going to have to change.....and i HAVE to stop buying so much weight watchers crap!!! xx

Yes, stop buying the WW stuff, once you have eaten the sweet stuff, it can just cause cravings for more sweet stuff. Like the lemon curd in your porridge in the mornings - do you really need to have that? Couldnt you just settle for the fruit? Bread - what about using wholemeal pittas or a nimble sort of bread too? Sweets - parma violets - just full of sugar, so stop buying these too.....lol, okay telling off is finished now lol.

Hope you have a great time and your Husband has a lovely and happy Birthday.

I agree to with Mary about them ww deserts.

I think with your snacking lately, although its quite alot i personally think you should get this weekend out of the way, im not saying go mad and eat and drink everything in sight but enjoy your hubbys birthday and once thats done so is your snacking :)

Totally understand the crisp thing, once i have a few thats it, im off so i try my hardest to steer away from them.

Do you have kids you have to buy that stuff for? If not i just wouldnt bother buying any of it any more! :giggle:

hello ladies.....
telling off taken in lol..... unfortunately i sent the husband to do the food shop and he came home with yet more ww sweet treats!!! Doh!!
I am going to take it steady neady now though! And yes, going to enjoy the weekend but in no way am i going to go overboard....lesson learnt ;)

Mary, i used to have PB in my porridge, i thought the lemon curd would be better than the PB, but i had porridge this morning with just fruit and a sprinkle of cinamon and it was fantastic, so yes i could do without the lemon curd!

I think i've had a really good day today to be honest, porridge and fruit, soup without bread for lunch, and then mid-afternoon before my dog walk i had some plain oatcakes. feeling good that the ww treats are in the house and i haven't touched them.
Looking forward to Tapas tonight tho.......but i'm not drinking!!!

Thanks for your advice ladies, i think i've proved that i need all the help i can get lol :)
x

Back