Monkey30's Maintenance Diary AKA: A new me...making better choices...

Looks like a much better day for you - enjoy the Tapas tonight. Also well done for resisting the WW goodies, they are definitely leading you into a false sense of security. I made the mistake of buying them before, ginger cake or something like that with icing on the top, they were so sweet and more-ish, I ate the WHOLE darned pack - needless to say, I dont buy them any more.

p.s. no, we don't have kids....... except for the 30-year-old big kid i share my house with ;)

:8855:

Tell yer husband no more ww sweet treats! :p

Looks like a much better day for you - enjoy the Tapas tonight. Also well done for resisting the WW goodies, they are definitely leading you into a false sense of security. I made the mistake of buying them before, ginger cake or something like that with icing on the top, they were so sweet and more-ish, I ate the WHOLE darned pack - needless to say, I dont buy them any more.

:8855:

see, i've done that before....but with a full pack of full-fat sweet treats!!
I used to eat a big bag of crisps and then a whole two pack of Tesco cheese cake or Tesco bakery cookies in one sitting :eek: ...doh!

Yeah tell him he has been naughty and not allowed any more parma violets.

The parma violets we got for coming last in a pub quiz about 5 weeks ago.....when still in TFR.... I resisted them for SO LONG!! Gone now though........ and still haven't touched the mars easter egg :D

OMG - you need to get rid of the easter egg!! .. Give it to a friendly neighbourhood yob/dog or something ..... it's obvously on your mind and it'd be KILLING me!!!! ;):)

I think you're doing okay kid - It's 'ard!! We all have to find our way. I'm with the others on getting rid of the ww stuff I have to say ...

The other thing I have to say is about when you say you're not the obese troll you think you are in your head .... I really think that's true of all of us ... we have a picture in our head that never changes no matter what weight we are - anything that can change that for us is BRILL!!! :):) xx

I think there will always be something about ourselves that we dont like, no matter what size we are.

Totally agree Mary, i'm happy with my size, or i would be if i had bigger boobies. If i did i think i would look more in proportion but as it is now im not .....i need bigger boobies! When* I win the lotto i will get it done! :giggle: hahahaha if only!

Monkey, hope you have a lovely night for hubby's birthday. Get this weekend over you and enjoy it. Next week knock a lot of the sweet stuff and crisps on the head. I adore crisps but can only manage them by keeping away from them totally. I think if I bought one packet, I would eat ten!!!
As you say, you are doing well with the main meals. Try and stick to the healthy snacks like chopped fruit with yoghurt or maybe some mixed seeds, oatcakes with cottage cheese or peanut butter.
Have a good weekend.

Saturday 15th - Monday 17th.....Don't judge!!!

Saturday 15th
(Tapas for Hubby birthday:D)

Breakfast - porridge with skimmed milk, blueberries, strawberries and walnuts

Lunch – Tin of Baxter’s healthy choice spicy tomato and rice soup

Tea – Various Tapas Dishes….yum yum yum!!

Snacks – NONEEEE!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Drinks – 4litres water, two double vodka with soda and lime, diet coke

Sunday 16th
(Alton Towers and night out for Hubby birthday:D)

Breakfast – MacDonald’s toasted bagel and light Philly, MacDonald’s porridge with Jam ;)

Lunch – Small portion of chips with Mayo

Snacks – Jelly babies, small handful of Pringles

Tea – KFC Wrapstar, Oreo ice cream thingy

Drinks – 2 litres water, 500ml full-fat sprite. Half bottle of rose wine, 3 sambuca shots, one melon shot, 3 Jagerbombers, 2 bottles VK Cherry, 2 double vodka redbulls, vodka and lemonade (half a small bottle vodka), glass of southern comfort and coke

Monday 17th

Breakfast – Bacon buttie from greasy spoon :eek:

Lunch – packet of Seabrook crisps :eek:

Tea – half a small ASDA cheese pizza, thin crust :eek:

Snack - Half grab bag malteasers

Drinks – 6 litres water, 4 green tea

Well guys, after an eventful weekend (I know the amount of alcohol is ridiculous…..didn’t stop drinking until about 8am Monday morning :p) I seem to have only put on 2lb so I’m happy about that!!

And when we stopped for a MacDonald’s, I was the only person who didn’t get a double sausage and egg mcmuffin!!! I was so self-righteous sat with my porridge and bagel!!!!

Need to work hard this week to get back on track, though we are at a Birthday party tonight…..pastries etc!!! I will definitely NOT be drinking though…..!

Last edited:
wow! u lost 55lb in 9 weeks, that brilliant, ive just started, due my weigh in on thursday, hope i do as good as you!!!! well done

Monkey... I LOVE your post. Most of all I LOVE that you can even remember the drinks... quantities and how much went with which. Fantabulous! :clap:

Go you and hope it was a brilliant, brilliant birthday.

Monkey... I LOVE your post. Most of all I LOVE that you can even remember the drinks... quantities and how much went with which. Fantabulous! :clap:

Go you and hope it was a brilliant, brilliant birthday.

:8855: Ha ha!! Well by the vodka and southern comfort i only know what i drank due to the empty bottles in my kitchen!!!!

WAW!! You sound like you had a great weekend, although dont know how you remember anything with the amount you consumed :8855::8855:

You seem to have got back on track again though, which is brill...

Glad you all had a good time for the celebrations and well done you on resisting the double sausage at McD's.

My only word of caution is when you say the scales are only showing 2lb, be careful, because after a heavy drinking session, you can be dehydrated, which will show as a loss until you eat and drink regularly again.

Just from my own personal past and having drank copious amounts of alcohol one night lol.

Tues 18 May 2010

Breakfast - Porridge and skimmed milk, with blueberries, saltanas, walnuts

Mid-morning - 5 cherry vine tomatoes

Lunch - Baxter's healthy choices wholewheat pasta soup

Mid-afternoon - Apple, one cold, cooked sausage!

Tea - 2 slices quiche, 4 mini sausage rolls, 1 slice sun-dried tomato and parmasen cheese bread spread with lurpack, one slice cheese garlic bread pizza, chilli salad leaves, one slice of birthday cake!! :p

hi all .i have just started 2 day .i am trying to lose weight by having a maintenance drink for breakfeast a bar for lunch and a small salad and bar for dinner . does any one know if this will work

Back