Moonlights refeed diary

moonlight

Day 1

Breakfast - Vanilla/coffee shake

Lunch - Peanut Flapjack

Dinner - 4oz chicken (cooked in wok with water only) & salad (small breakfast bowl) mixture of yellow pepper, red onion, celery, tomato, cucumber. Pepper and some balsamic vinegar on the salad.

Drinks - black coffee, water.

Weigh in today - down to 64.7 kilos. Delighted with that.

Very apprehensive about eating tonight but my dinner was as all said it would be...beautiful. I ate it all over a period of 20 mins or so. Really chewed and savoured the flavours.........delicious.:D

Just going to take every day as it come. No more worrying :)

M

Last edited:
Well done and welcome to refeed. That first taste of food is something that will stick in my brain forever lol.

Enjoy your meals and welcome back to the real world.

Well done on taking the first step. It is very scary at first, but then it starts to ease a little over time :). I worry a little here and there...well...a lot LOL but that's just me.

It's great though isn't it? eating again :D

Yes Yasmine, you are right, it is nice to be eating again although nervewracking:)

You are doing very well with your calorie counting. I am going to have to learn that discipline. Do you weigh everything before eating it?
m

I weigh everything except a small salad now, I have got used to the amount of calories in the small salad.

Thanks, and yes I weigh everything LOL

Every single thing. The more I do it, the more familiar I will be with my portion sizes.

It's also practise for when I start maintaining. I want to be able to have chocolate when I can again and enjoy it being part of a well balanced diet. I feel that I can't go wrong if I count the calories :)

missed my shakes, so having a coffee made with water and a little skimmed milk blended in the blender. Have ended up with a pretty tasteless cup of frothy coffee :(

If you feel like you need something at night time, why dont you have half a shake for breakfast, then have your lunch and dinner and your other half a shake before bed?

I would never have thought of that! I'll try that one. Must get myself a calorie counting book next and learn how to do it. For this week just going with what it says on the refeed sheet.

thanks for the advice.

m

Thats what I love about calorie counting, nothing is forbidden as long as you count it.

Exactly, that's why I decided to go by calories than by fat or carbs :)

Moonlights refeed day 2 - so far

Breakfast - Summer fruits shake - Scrummy

Lunch - 4oz tuna (a lot of tuna) and mixed salad - peppers, celery, red and white onion, cucumber, tomato and balsamic vinegar. Delicious.

Dinner - soon to be 3/4oz haddock baked in oven with salad as above. Looking forward to my potato tomorrow.

Trying not to have dinner before 7.30pm so the night isn't too long. Looking forward to being able to have a yogurt.

Still refeed not as bad as expected. Been for a long and short walk today.

Drinking water and black coffee although sitting here with a cup of tea with drop of skimmed milk at the mo.

Hope you are all doing well.

M

Thats the way girl, plan. I try to eat around 7pm so the night is not too long, and to avoid snacking. I have my potato cooked for tonight, but not my fish or salad prepared. Just not hungry.

To be honest, on refeed, some days I just want to pick, pick, pick (like i did before lipotrim) then on other days, I eat because I know I have to. I definitely see a difference. Food is not playing such an important role in my life as it did pre-lt.

That's all great to know Mary.

I have to admit even though I was full after my meal last night that old feeling of "gosh, I wouldn't mind some more" wasn't long surfacing. The difference was, I recognised it and chose not to eat anything else. I'm more proud of that than anything.

Today was the same, I loved the berries drink. Chose not to eat lunch until 2.30 and was well ready for it. Chose once again not to eat until 7.30ish tonight. So I am trying to control my food intake rather than have it control me.

I think it is going to be a long road for me. Probably just like an alcoholic, one day at a time. But I take great comfort from the fact that I can now recognise the danger times. I haven't been able to do that before. So all is good:D

I am exactly the same, some days after dinner, even though I feel full, I want to pick at a choccy bar, or something sweet etc, or even simple things like a cheese slice (OH always has them in the fridge), but its just controlling the urges.

1 Do I really want it?
2 Am I really hungry?
3 Do I have enough calories left to be able to have it?

If you answer no - then leave it where it is.
If you do succumb - which we all do on times, then have a much lower day the next day.

I think the big mistake is telling yourself you cant have something, when you do that, you mentally torment yourself, and you get so tormented that you go and have 2 of the blasted things. At least if you are in control, yeah, you can have one, but cut back a little the next day.

Its a new life now, a new you, and a new outlook to food. Dont let it control you.

Thanks for those words Mary and I agree. TRF in LIPO is great to get the weight off initially, keeping it off has to be a lifestyle change. If not, it will all go back on and back on quickly in my case. I know, I've been there before.

But feeling good being slim and being able to drop in here is just great. Plenty of likeminded people around.

Enjoy your party and try a vodka and sparkling water for experiment sake!!!:rolleyes:

NO WAY..........lol, only diet coke with my vodka, but I am hoping I can find zero coke, its so much nicer, tastes more cola(y)

I am exactly the same, some days after dinner, even though I feel full, I want to pick at a choccy bar, or something sweet etc, or even simple things like a cheese slice (OH always has them in the fridge), but its just controlling the urges.

1 Do I really want it?
2 Am I really hungry?
3 Do I have enough calories left to be able to have it?

If you answer no - then leave it where it is.
If you do succumb - which we all do on times, then have a much lower day the next day.

I think the big mistake is telling yourself you cant have something, when you do that, you mentally torment yourself, and you get so tormented that you go and have 2 of the blasted things. At least if you are in control, yeah, you can have one, but cut back a little the next day.

Its a new life now, a new you, and a new outlook to food. Dont let it control you.
I am going to forever remember this :)
Very well said Mary.

Back