moonwalk

Hi everyone, I signed up for the moonwalk last year and was confident I could train and do it. I have started Lighter life with out giving the walk any consideration ! Do you think I will still be able to keep up training and complete the walk in May whilst sticking to lighterlife ?? Lighter life comes first but i will be
disappointed if I have to pull out of the walk.

I did something similar in Southend last year. But it's only a half marathon distance. I have signed up to do it again.

But I did check with my counsellor first. She said it should be ok to do so. But I would possibly have to have a meal which she would advise me nearer the time. So check with your counsellor!

I am sure it will be fine. As it is overnight, you might want to shift your meals around a bit. try having some bars while you are walking instead. I can't see any problem. it is only walking after all - running a marathon might be a bit more challenging though.

I wanted to do this but all the places were filled when i looked! We do have a similar thing here though which is a shorter distance.

I'm doing Exante total solution (3 shakes @ 200 cals each)

I'm training a bit differently to the programme they send: 2 short walks and 1 long walk each week.

On the day of the long walk, I multiply the number of miles by 80, to give the approx calories burned. I then give myself a meal, or snacks, of about half the calories I estimate I will use. I have this just before or during the walk. The meal is ketosis-friendly, and then I add in a small piece of fruit. One time, I didn't want to get sidetracked by food, so I had a Slimfast shake. The exercise kept me in ketosis.

At the end of the day, I try to avoid the mindset of "rewarding" the walk with a food-treat. Instead, I try to think of it as "what fuel -if any- will my body need to do this successfully?" At the shorter distances, the shakes were enough. If I need more fuel, what is the best way to get it (psychologically as well as physically)?
Good luck with your training!

Last edited:
Back