Moonwatcher's Primal/Calorie Counting Adventure!

Sounds like a really emotional day yesterday so not surprised you didn't feel up to cooking. Still very much in the ballpark calorie wise so I wouldn't worry.

Brilliant news on the loss, not only because a 3lb loss is always brilliant news, but like you said it does look like it might be the difference of the metabolism reset. Encouraging stuff.

I am still enviously eyeing the screen every time you mention cheese. How many days is it til Feburary????

p.s I have the same cat hair problem with our cushions. I don't know what possessed me to get mohair cushions when my cats refuse to sleep on anything that isn't a lap or a cushion. Our household is possibly solely responsible for selotape still being in business - we get through so much daily just to makes clothes presentable for leaving the house. And I still reckon we are often about 20% cat when we arrive for work due to the hair we didn't manage to get rid of!

I have been a little over my TDEE yesterday and today as well, but not by much. Two days later the rug looks just how it did on Saturday morning before I attacked it - hairy!

Sunday

Pretty disastrous day today - we had to take OH's van to his works depot in the morning, only I got hopelessly lost in the country lanes getting there and eventually had to head back for home and get petrol. He had left his mobile at home (men!) so eventually he came home too, hoping I would be there as obviously I couldn't let him know where I was! So then we had to set off to do it all again! This meant that by 4.00pm I had had nothing except a coffee and a low fat yogurt, plus water,so we went to Wetherspoons for food.

I had half a starter portion of nachos with sour cream, salsa, cheddar and guacamole and a jacket spud with BBQ pulled pork and coleslaw, plus a glass of toffee apple cider

Once home I had a twirl and some more water and that was it for food for the day - Total 1794/1750, so 44 calories over - although I reckon I stressed that out driving around in circles!

Oh, and I also managed to b***** up the broadband router by unplugging it to try and get the phone to work properly! I was not the most popular person in the house!

Monday - back to school today as anti biotics seem to be doing their stuff on the chest infection.

Breakfast - gf crunchy nut cornflakes with milk (186 cals)

Lunch - gf brown ciabatta roll with cheddar cheese and lettuce with a scraping of mayo, one ounce of ready salted kettle crisps, a satsuma (473 cals)

After another fruitless attempt to sort out the WiFi router we went shopping at Tesco. Picked up an instant meal to try - lamb rogan josh and pilau rice, plus half a portion of sag aloo. It wasn't too bad actually, although have to say I prefer my own! Followed up with 10 fresh cherries and an apple (994 cals!)

After eating I had to organise the music tracks for my brother's cremation, ready to go to the Funeral Director tomorrow, which was sad but quite fun. We are only having music he would have chosen, no hymns, and I'm sure that will raise a few eyebrows, but the canon who is taking the service knew him personally through his job, and as he said it is a day about his life, so it is right that it is personal to him. His flat is just about empty now, and everything is going to the bank for probate. We are all so tired - emotionally rather than physically, but everything we can do is done now, until the day of the cremation itself.

After sorting the music I had a snack - crunchie fun size (80 cals)

Drinks - water, milk in earl grey teas (30 cals), glass of dry cider (72 cals)

Total 1835/1750 - 135 calories over, but I'm happy enough with that - will aim to keep strictly within my calorie level for the rest of the week.

Bleugh! In staff room at work - hot, noisy and the anti biotics are really making me feel sick. Glad they will be finished by Thursday morning. Just want to eat and eat at the moment to get right of the sick feeling.

Bleugh! In staff room at work - hot, noisy and the anti biotics are really making me feel sick. Glad they will be finished by Thursday morning. Just want to eat and eat at the moment to get right of the sick feeling.

Ooh! Poor you! Bad enough when at home but having to be at work is a real bind.. hope you soon feel much better.

Must admit I had to laugh at the getting lost bit. :D

That's something I'm always prone to do in fact I will usually allow an extra 1/2 to 3/4 hour for just getting lost if I'm driving any longish distance.

I do hope that the funeral goes/went off well MW.
All the very best to you.

Hope you ended up feeling better later in the day or at least that the rest of the day went quickly! Rotten being ill at work, especially when you somewhere busy and nosy.

Your wetherspoons meal sounds fab. I don't remember them doing anything as nice sounding as the pulled pork jacket potato. Mmmmmm. I've had a nice shoulder of pork from the farm shop in the freezer at the moment. You may have given me the necessary prompt to rescue it for the weekend :)

Ooh! Poor you! Bad enough when at home but having to be at work is a real bind.. hope you soon feel much better.

Must admit I had to laugh at the getting lost bit. :D
That's something I'm always prone to do in fact I will usually allow an extra 1/2 to 3/4 hour for just getting lost if I'm driving any longish distance.

I do hope that the funeral goes/went off well MW.
All the very best to you.

I don't have a brilliant sense if direction at the best of times Em, and especially at the moment! The only good thing was at least I could figure out how to get back home!

The service is next Friday. Nothing else to do for it now (I hope) except wait for the day.

Hope you ended up feeling better later in the day or at least that the rest of the day went quickly! Rotten being ill at work, especially when you somewhere busy and nosy.

Your wetherspoons meal sounds fab. I don't remember them doing anything as nice sounding as the pulled pork jacket potato. Mmmmmm. I've had a nice shoulder of pork from the farm shop in the freezer at the moment. You may have given me the necessary prompt to rescue it for the weekend :)

Fortunately my two afternoon lessons were pretty straightforward and our after work meeting wasn't as long as usual, so I have had some medicinal chocolate since getting home and will soon be topping that up with cottage pie, gravy and veg. It has reminded me why I avoid anti biotics as much as possible, but had to go with them this time.

The BBQ pulled pork potato was one of their light bite choices - very tasty and filling actually (although the nachos helped there I'm sure!)

Evening MW, what music did you choose for your brothers service?

Hi Cactus. Well, he will be 'coming in' to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" and we will all be filing out afterwards to Meat Loaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" - his all time favourite. He had that sort of sense of humour and would have just loved it. We have given a nod to a more sedate track for the quiet reflection time with Clannad's "Theme from Harry's Game" - another of his favourites, and as our Dad was Irish, it seemed to fit.

Hope you feel better soon :( *hugs* Well done on the 3.2lbs - fab loss.

Thanks... and thanks!!!

Tuesday 21st January

Breakfast - gf crunchy nut cornflakes and milk, actimel strawberry (261 cals)

Lunch - gf ham and mustard sandwich with lettuce, one ounce kettle crisps, an apple, a mug of bovril (534 cals)

Dinner - cottage pie, sprouts, carrots, roast parsnips, gravy, home made horse-radish sauce' 2 satsumas (652 cals)

Snacks - two fingers of twirl (180 cals)

Drinks - water, one coffee with cream (93 cals)

Total 1720/1750

Wednesday

Breakfast - gf cereal with milk (as yesterday, but no actimel) (186 cals)

Lunch - gf ham and mustard sandwich with a handful of kettle crisps, pack of 'bear naked' dried mango and pineapple (543 cals)

Dinner - three Tesco finest thick pork sausages (are gf), with baked beans and mash (726 cals)

Snack - one full size crunchie (185 cals)

Drinks - water, one coffee and cream, small dry cider (138 cals)

No fruit today as had a bad IBS flair up last night, well early hours of the morning actually - it woke me up at 4.00am, so none apart from the dried fruit - may risk some real mango tomorrow.

Total 1778/1750. Feel very bloated from the IBS cramps though. In comfy pjs on the sofa at the moment, fleecy throw and sleepy cat on my legs, watching 'Lincoln.'

Looks like you've got right back on track calorie wise and your evening meals sound really yummy. Sausages, mash and beans sounds like ideal winter comfort food. Mmmmmmmm.

How are you feeling now? Have you finsished the antibiotics? They really can make you feel pretty rotten. Sometimes worse than the thing they are meant to be curing!

Looks like you've got right back on track calorie wise and your evening meals sound really yummy. Sausages, mash and beans sounds like ideal winter comfort food. Mmmmmmmm.

How are you feeling now? Have you finsished the antibiotics? They really can make you feel pretty rotten. Sometimes worse than the thing they are meant to be curing!

Yes took my last anti biotic today so hoping to feel better soon, Actually feel worse today than yesterday. Tbh I feel like I am running on empty. OH cooked tonight's pasta while I had a long shower and I have collapsed on the sofa again tonight, currently watching The Simpsons and about to pick out a film to watch in a bit. I am really glad tomorrow is Friday!

Thursday 23rd January

Breakfast - Tesco finest Devonshire style fudge yoghurt (not quite a whole one - left a bit for the OH to try (216 cals)

Mid morning - one ounce kettle crisps (154 cals)

Lunch - cheese and lettuce sandwich on gf bread, cherry tomatoes, green grapes (465 cals)

Afternoon snack - crunchie (185 cals)

Dinner - gf spaghetti, roast pepper and onion, chorizo, castello blue cheese and istara ossau iraty sheep's milk cheese, sweetfire beetroot with a drizzle of wasabi sauce, (618 cals)

Drinks - milk in earl grey teas and a coffee (60 cals) twinings lemon and ginger tea (2 cals) and any minute now... a Captain Morgan's rum with diet ginger beer (58 cals)

Total 1758/1750

Hope you enjoyed your rum! hehe x

Captain Morgans, hard to beat :D Dark rum I assume?

Which film did you go for MW?

Yes Captain Morgan's dark rum it was, and it went down very nicely too! I'm 'rather partial' to their spiced one as well.

We watched World War Z with Brad Pitt. It was OK, but if I'm going to watch a zombie film I'd prefer to watch one of the old ones - I like the old horror films.

Back