Moosh's S&S diary

It's hard getting back on track after a break, or a blip, but it is entirely possible. You can do it moosh, and at least you haven't gorged on some junk food. Your calories will still technically be low for the day so all is not lost. Put it all out of your mind and move on. The longer we dwell and beat ourselves up the harder it is to move forward positively. You know in the back of your mind that you can do it. You've come so far and have alot to be proud of! Don't lose your momentum, x

Right right- day whatever this is, week 5ish anyway. Yesterday was another day, and so is today. Scales smiling down upon me, I think it can only be how ill I was yesterday but.... 5lb down from Saturday!??!!? I can only assume that will go up, must be water weight or something as that is already the same loss I had on week 1. Didn't stop me updating all my stats and tickers though!

Today I'm trying, once again, to go 100% completely to the plan. As in, make shake to instructions (though if I did that everyday, I would only buy choc!) Don't add herbs etc to meals- so I'll be on the spag bol today! Site says tea is fine but no mention of tablet sweetners, booooo so will stick to plain water today.

So had choc shake, with 250ml water- actually I think I could have had more in there, was quite nice! I used my little milk frother so at least that wasn't a complete waste!

Off to work I go now, going to go and grab loads of stuff to take with me as I'm down to about 3 spag bols and a few bars and I like to keep a full selection!

Have a good day everyone!

Brilliant mini. I need to stay on track today so we can help each other!! Xxx

Brilliant mini. I need to stay on track today so we can help each other!! Xxx

Ha yes, I think I need all the help I can get! Still on track but that's cos I gave the kids weetabix which is foul and has never in my life tempted me!!!:D

How's you day going?

Well done for getting back on track, I am going to try and drink as much water as possible today, feel dehydrated. Good luck everybody for today.
Julia

I'm going to drink drink drink all day too! Will try the day without flavoured water or fizzy, see how it goes. I can still drink litres of tapwater though! Good luck to you!

if the kids are off school you'll have burned MORE than enough energy to make up for blipping!

stay out of the cupboard of other food!

In many ways is easy for me as I live alone and can eat as I please. Couldn't do it with other people in, every day I have a moment of "shall I just pop out for a.." and if it was in the house it'd be gone. Yes, even weetabix! You're stronger than me :)

Well mini, don't discount the 5lbs, I lost 2lbs the other week then 5lbs last week, so you can hit a big number again afterwards.

Glad to see you're getting back into it today, take it a day at a time and the weight will be falling off. I know it's hard and especially hard after having blips but you can do it. Sound like some cheesy american cheerleader again, but I am astounded at the weight you've lost already all on your own. You are so far into your journey and by summer you can be where you want to be, we both have a goal for june so let's see it through together, there will be ups and downs, but let's try and keep eachother from the lows!

Slim for summer! xx

if the kids are off school you'll have burned MORE than enough energy to make up for blipping!

stay out of the cupboard of other food!

In many ways is easy for me as I live alone and can eat as I please. Couldn't do it with other people in, every day I have a moment of "shall I just pop out for a.." and if it was in the house it'd be gone. Yes, even weetabix! You're stronger than me :)

Sadly burning fewer cals on half term- I usually have a mile school run to do 4 times a day, the two times I do with just the baby I tend to power walk but this week have had the 5 year old with me so always going slow!

I live alone too, I'm a nanny so I spend my evenings in my cold little flat with a cupboard of 'real' food saved for when I'm back on food,. Though I don't know if I will use it all, I'm really looking closely at low-carb right now. TBH since I started I have never eaten anything off the plan- I do have BL and Tesco bars as a replacement but thats it. My prob is eating too many packs- had a couple of days with an extra shake or meal. All my blips are S&S related!

What I do really hate is getting home to a pile of takeaway menus, where I live has so many pizza places and chineses I seem to get at least 7 a week! Very tempting but never given in!

I don't know about stronger, I dunno if I could cope if my BF lived with me. He lives in France so thats ok! He eats a diet of pizza and alcohol- he drinks every day:( that would be really difficult. Though I am around food all day, cooking for the kids meals and batch-cooking, I've found ways to manage.

You blips aren't as bad as they could be and you've done well to stay strong, an extra pack isn't the end of the world, obviously best to stick to four but at least you aren't going massively off plan!

x

Well mini, don't discount the 5lbs, I lost 2lbs the other week then 5lbs last week, so you can hit a big number again afterwards.

Glad to see you're getting back into it today, take it a day at a time and the weight will be falling off. I know it's hard and especially hard after having blips but you can do it. Sound like some cheesy american cheerleader again, but I am astounded at the weight you've lost already all on your own. You are so far into your journey and by summer you can be where you want to be, we both have a goal for june so let's see it through together, there will be ups and downs, but let's try and keep eachother from the lows!

Slim for summer! xx

Thanks hun, I'm not discounting as such I just think by my official WI I may be up again so I'm not counting my chickens!

I can't believe my BMI, I mean when I was 19 I had a BMI of 54! Very happy to be going the right way, I seriously could have died I was so overweight. This feels like the last leg of the journey and I need to stick to it!

Oh I forgot to post- when I started S&S, at 14st 7lb, I measured myself all over with a magic measure. I wanted to do it monthly but well I either forgot or was too cold to take any layers off! Did my waist last night, I've lost 2"!!!!! My waist is the thing I want to change, get rid of the visceral fat around the organs and get healthier. Woo!

Apparently to be 'abdominably obese', a woman needs to be over 31.5" waist. Well I know I am! I'm thinking that may be a good goal, to get to a smaller waist measurement. Sadly the weight around my middle isn't going the same way it did last time- last time I got to this weight, I was in a t shirt that now I can't fit due to tummy podge.

I know, you are an inspiration to us all. Your BMI isn't far off being in 'Overweight' I agree on the last leg of the journey, and getting to your healthy weight goal. You have alot to be proud of and I think you're stronger than you take credit for, being around small children for long periods of time, cooking for them etc.

I understand about the takeaway menus etc I get loads through my door, does my head in! Feel like leaving a note on it saying, back away if you have a takeaway menu, or my dog will bite your hand off!

Just keep your goal in your mind, I've had loads of moments so far where I've thought, 'Oh the shop is only a second away (opposite corner to my house) I can just go and get a twirl, one won't hurt' But stop myself because I know that it will take me longer to get to my goal. Had my break sunday to have a mini carvery, it was nice don't get my wrong, but to be honest with you, I could have done without, it didn't taste as wonderful as I was thinking it would. You're being sensible by opting for another pack rather than off plan meals, but aim for stick to four 100% and drinking lots of water. Reminds me, I haven't had anything today so far, better go glug some water! x

In ratio to my hips and chest my waist is alot smaller, but I am now sitting 4 inches less than when I started, I tend to lose quickly from the waist and slowly from my bloody arms and hips. Though measurements yesterday show all over inch losses which is great!

31.5 inches is quite small to be abdominally obese, some women have wider torsos so maybe its relative? My friend is more sqaure than I am and she looks slim for her frame and doubt she could lose much more off her waist without it looking very thin, you can already see her hip bones and shes a 30" waist. It's a good target to have though, slimming the waist is important!

Keep taking your measurements, I wish I'd have measured my arms and thighs when I started too!

I really need to start toning now, would love to wear shorter shorts in summer than I do now, or not have flabby arms rippling out of vest tops or capped t-shirts. I always where I cardigan because of my arms! x

Sadly burning fewer cals on half term- I usually have a mile school run to do 4 times a day, the two times I do with just the baby I tend to power walk but this week have had the 5 year old with me so always going slow!

I live alone too, I'm a nanny so I spend my evenings in my cold little flat with a cupboard of 'real' food saved for when I'm back on food,. Though I don't know if I will use it all, I'm really looking closely at low-carb right now. TBH since I started I have never eaten anything off the plan- I do have BL and Tesco bars as a replacement but thats it. My prob is eating too many packs- had a couple of days with an extra shake or meal. All my blips are S&S related!

What I do really hate is getting home to a pile of takeaway menus, where I live has so many pizza places and chineses I seem to get at least 7 a week! Very tempting but never given in!

I don't know about stronger, I dunno if I could cope if my BF lived with me. He lives in France so thats ok! He eats a diet of pizza and alcohol- he drinks every day:( that would be really difficult. Though I am around food all day, cooking for the kids meals and batch-cooking, I've found ways to manage.

You are doing brilliant! You must have strong willpower, whenever im on my own in the house i wanna stuff my face constantly, well done you :)

And im with ya on the takeaway leaflets we get 2 per day its so annoying!!! Especially when my partner has them grrrr xx

I know, you are an inspiration to us all. Your BMI isn't far off being in 'Overweight' I agree on the last leg of the journey, and getting to your healthy weight goal. You have alot to be proud of and I think you're stronger than you take credit for, being around small children for long periods of time, cooking for them etc.

I understand about the takeaway menus etc I get loads through my door, does my head in! Feel like leaving a note on it saying, back away if you have a takeaway menu, or my dog will bite your hand off!

Just keep your goal in your mind, I've had loads of moments so far where I've thought, 'Oh the shop is only a second away (opposite corner to my house) I can just go and get a twirl, one won't hurt' But stop myself because I know that it will take me longer to get to my goal. Had my break sunday to have a mini carvery, it was nice don't get my wrong, but to be honest with you, I could have done without, it didn't taste as wonderful as I was thinking it would. You're being sensible by opting for another pack rather than off plan meals, but aim for stick to four 100% and drinking lots of water. Reminds me, I haven't had anything today so far, better go glug some water! x

Getting to 'overweigth is a big goal for me- I've never been there!

The cooking for the kids is the toughest part- I mean I'm a nanny, I can't just say lets give them stuff I won't eat tonight, I have to feed them healthily! And show a good example, though bosses are supportive and know I won't eat with the kids any more. I think they are relieved it costs them so much less to feed me, I have my veg at work so at least they pay for that (all meals on duty are in my contract).

I wish i could put up a 'no unsolicited mail' sign but I live in a house converted to 6 flats so alwasy come home to a huge pile, sometimes with 10 of each leaflet! All such good offers too, but the kind that would make me 100st, like bogof and such.

One of the things I was a bit :sigh: about when I moved in was distance to shops, closest ones to me are 10 min walk to tiny Tesco or 20 mins to medium Asda. Glad of the distance now! There is a smaller corner shop closer but never been in there, I know how dear they are so I'd never go in for one bar- I'd walk to Tesco and buy whatever is on offer- 4 Boosts for £1? Yes please! 4 days worth, bugger that, 3 in the evening then one for breakfast! Doh!

In ratio to my hips and chest my waist is alot smaller, but I am now sitting 4 inches less than when I started, I tend to lose quickly from the waist and slowly from my bloody arms and hips. Though measurements yesterday show all over inch losses which is great!

31.5 inches is quite small to be abdominally obese, some women have wider torsos so maybe its relative? My friend is more sqaure than I am and she looks slim for her frame and doubt she could lose much more off her waist without it looking very thin, you can already see her hip bones and shes a 30" waist. It's a good target to have though, slimming the waist is important!

Keep taking your measurements, I wish I'd have measured my arms and thighs when I started too!

I really need to start toning now, would love to wear shorter shorts in summer than I do now, or not have flabby arms rippling out of vest tops or capped t-shirts. I always where I cardigan because of my arms! x

Must admit the waist measurement is from the book 'Escape the Diet Trap' by John Briffa which I'm reading now, I didn't verify so it may be wrong!

Sadly showing my body off is out of the question for me, I have stretch marks on every part of my body including wrists! Some are so deep they bleed, TMI sorry but I've ruined my body and I need to take charge now! I want to be thin and healthy and wear nice stuff from real-people shops but stuff like swimming is forever out :(

You are doing brilliant! You must have strong willpower, whenever im on my own in the house i wanna stuff my face constantly, well done you :)

And im with ya on the takeaway leaflets we get 2 per day its so annoying!!! Especially when my partner has them grrrr xx

I'm glad I don't face that challenge, I couldn't cope with nice-smelling food in my own house! I keep putting my BF off, he wants to come and stay for a weekend (lives abroad) but he is a constant take-away, booze and crap consumer. No chance!

I am qualified in childcare and always wanted to be a nanny abroad!! But then i met my hubby to be and fell pregnant so it didnt work out that way lol wouldnt change it for the world now though!

Im the same i have zero shops near me, closest is 20 minute walk which is asda, and i dont drive, but gives me the exercise! The boots i get weighed at is also a 20 min walk too, but my scales appear to be working now and weighing the same as boots are so think i'll try my own out for a while, saves me money!! xx

I'm glad I don't face that challenge, I couldn't cope with nice-smelling food in my own house! I keep putting my BF off, he wants to come and stay for a weekend (lives abroad) but he is a constant take-away, booze and crap consumer. No chance!

Lol thats funny, you can only come if you dont eat!!! lmao xx
I find it hard, he eats whatever he likes and doesnt put weight on due to a very active job, but oh well, i'd rather be a skinny mini :D

Back