Moosh's S&S diary

That is fantastic loss this week Moosh bet your delighted!!!!!! :)

Ahhh well done hun that is bloody brilliant!!! xxx

thankyou for my lovely welcome, i am now going to sit and read through your diary, you have done amazing i am dying to see if its all with slim n save, x

Thanks all you lovely people! I'm only still doing this because of you lot- the only other support is my mum who I can't really go into details with as she really wants to lose weight. So it's all down to you lot, telling me to get beck on track on the numerous times I fail :eek:

Today's been good for a couple of reasons. I wore a coat I haven't worn in two years, since last I was around this weight. It's still a bit small cos I didn't realise when I bought it that it gapped a little at the back but I wore it, I did it up and was able to sit down on the bus with it done up! I don't know the size as it's just 'L' but it's one of the few items of clothing I bought in Paris. Seriously difficult to find plus size stuff there, I got two tops in maybe size 24-6, they are really large, in a sale. And a few weeks before I left I finally found a shop with a plus size section in Blvd St-Michel and I went a bit mad, spent like 200 Euros. Got 2 sodding ponchos I've never worn! Plus a nice sleeveless cardi I wore all winter and a few tops and a random pair of trousers I've never worn. Actually in I got the top I wore on NewYears in that shop, as seen in my photo gallery!

Anyway it's just good that I can finally get some use from it! It's a summer jacket though so I was sodding freezing plus I ended up buying a £ shop brolly as it was tipping it down!

I bought a 14-16 dressing gown from Peacocks, £10 in sale plus 20% off cos I have a student card woop. And I got some 14 jeans from matalan that are nice, rather than the M&S ones that I bought just because I need to know what size I am but I don't really liek the colour so am taking them back. Also tried on 12s- erm, perhaps a wee bit early! They certainly fit.... up to my knee or so :D

I popped in Sainsbury's because I like the clothes there, one of the plus-size places people either don't know do big clothes or can't get to- so you see fewer people wearing the same stuff out and about, I really hate that! I always see women in the same Evans tops as me. I was looking for a couple of 16 or 18 tops as my 24s are looking a bit baggy! But I didn't see anything I liked! Made me think, do I like the stuff just cos no one else wears it and it fits, or do I actually like it? Given the choice of actual shops too I think I don't! Odd isn't it. Same in Matalan, didn't see anything I liked enough to even try on.

So I don't know what size I am top, I know I'm def a 14 bottom now according to both M&S and Matalan jeans! I think 18 top, maybe 20.

Today was the first day I felt..... slimmer. Looking in the mirror with my coat on I felt less blob-like. I want to get a full-length standalone mirror as I can't put stuff on my walls! To keep an eye on how I look. I can't wait to do 'after' photos! My back is slimmer, I know it. Feels more like it just goes strait down from my neck rather than bulging out like a hump! My face is slimmer too, I can feel it around my jaw. I've lost less on my tummy this time round- which is a shame, health-wise as I really want to reduce my abdominal fat. Hopefully will all work out in the end though.

Had a long chat with dear mummy last night, she is very supportive but I don't want to rub it in what I'm doing. She has the challenge of cooking for herself and my dad plus having my sister and her bf cooking loads of stuff, they are really really into cooking and getting takeaways! Plus other sister doing her thing too. Plus mum is diabetic and has other health issues to do with diet so it would be difficult for her to start doing anything without seeing Drs etc. If I was living at home I would help her out, support etc but only so much I can do over the phone.

Oh glad I didn't buy two pairs of jeans in Matalan, just checked Ebay and I won some 14 short M&S black jeans for £5.24 in total so pretty good going! Will take the actual M&S new ones back tomorrow. Sticking with two pairs of each size as I aim not to stay each size for too long! Ooooh get me, planning to get to a 12! Or 10?!?!?!??! Dunno how I'll feel by then!

Sounds like your doing brilliantly Moosh and the weight is dropping off and you are getting results!!!! Great day for you shopping and having to buy a size down :) best feeling ever.....and you are seeing the results now when you look in the mirror!!!!

Sounds like your doing brilliantly Moosh and the weight is dropping off and you are getting results!!!! Great day for you shopping and having to buy a size down :) best feeling ever.....and you are seeing the results now when you look in the mirror!!!!

It's so weird, it's me but it's not me.... I think I'm looking more and more like my dad's family, have always resembled mum as she is overweight too and exactly the same height! Would be very odd to find out after 29 years on the planet I resemble my cousins etc. Middle sister looks like that part of the family too, so maybe I'll look more like her. It's mind-boggling really, the change going on!

It's nice when clothes start getting looser isn't it! On the other hand I am skint at the min, so need mine to last me a bit longer! x

Lol Tara i will have 2 to buy for Aahhhhhhh OH will prob need a whole new wardrobe but it will be amazing for him to be able to go into any shop he fancies instead of stuff from big men's shops on the net!!!!

Not even Burton caters for his size in tops now, or the supermarkets or anything!!! Makes clothes shopping for him a boring chore of guessing if it will be too tight on his chest.

He got a gorgeous new outfit for christmas and a lovely big black wool coat, he wore the coat yesterday and it is starting to look far too big :( that is the only downside he loves the coat, a few more weeks and he will have to pack it up along with his new outfit :(

It's nice when clothes start getting looser isn't it! On the other hand I am skint at the min, so need mine to last me a bit longer! x

Haha me too, I'm buying jeans but keeping the same tops till I get there- I'm wearing a top with a long-sleeved thermal top under everyday as it looks less baggy, or baggy on purpose!

he wore the coat yesterday and it is starting to look far too big :( that is the only downside he loves the coat, a few more weeks and he will have to pack it up along with his new outfit :(

Yes, but he'll be much healthier and feel great, and he can always buy another coat. I have quite a few item of clothing that I bought in bigger sizes that still have their tags on as I never got round to wearing them. Might put them on ebay at some point.

Hey! Sorry I've not posted sooner - only just managed to get logged in today. Super congratulations on your loss this week! I'm all chuffed for you. My WI today was +2lbs, but I ate everything I could find for 3 days, so its to be expected! lol!

You're super good motivation for me, I lurk round your diary like a minimins stalker! :p

Week 6, day 1 started!

Jumped on the scales, was the same as yesterday so very happy. Not just a random loss! TOTM, lets see if that affects anything!

Had a choc shake and a BL mint bar so far. Off to Asda to grab coke zero and tuna now, had some last night and made a lovely change. grabbing veg too!

I got the two salad-light sprays, balsamic and ceaser. Tried the ceasor on the tuna, very nice! With a ton of herbs too.

Am wearing size 16 jeans just washed, and an 18 New Look top! Whoop. If I could be arsed to shave my legs, I'd be in a dress today- size 18 from Primark. Fits but.... leg issues.

Well done moosh, I am loving the positive you at the mo! you seem a lot brighter and chirpier in your posts of late! I am at work and today I am working with a pregnant woman, shes eating everything in site and seems to have brought the entire contents of the sweet aisle with her! xx

Moosh is a happy bunny as she lost a half stone last week and all of the smaller size clothes are fitting. I'd be a happy bunny too :). Bummer Tara re the sweets but to be honest I don't worry about what people scoff at work these days. I just rise above it and ignore it. She'll be sad when she has the baby and has put on several stone. Perhaps you could pass her the S&S leaflet for when that happens ;)

Well done moosh, I am loving the positive you at the mo! you seem a lot brighter and chirpier in your posts of late! I am at work and today I am working with a pregnant woman, shes eating everything in site and seems to have brought the entire contents of the sweet aisle with her! xx

Thanks yes I am chirpy aren't I! I wasn't so chirpy earlier when I smashed my head into a wall- only me, right? I cried for a bit like a baby then got on with my day!

Shame you have to cope with that- my bosses came back early on friday and told the kids we've got something for you. Oh yes, an eclair each! For a toddler and a 5 year old! Just after lunch, where the eldest had a fairy cake from the ones we made! I try so hard to keep them from wanting sweets all the time, making food a neccesity not a trat then poof! I've never even given the baby choc before.....

Oh well, that's my issue anyway. Mumboss offered me one then said oh no, shouldn't have said that sorry so at least they are trying!

Back from Asda. Bad points- they were out of bottles of coke zero, I can't stand the asda own brand stuff which has malic acid so I got cans. 30 cans for £8 not too horrendous but my poor back carrying it back! Sometimes wish I had a car still but then I think I'd be the size of a barn without walking everywhere!

Good points- got different lettuce, oooh aint I exotic. Mini gems! Plus a cucumber. And I got some mustard seeds to try, only 50p the little jar so I will pop them in cottage pie or with my tuna and see. I got tuna too, sadly no apple water as already too much to carry! I really want to get a white cabbage but they are sooo heavy in comparison to lettuce so will grab some when I have the buggy!

Good/bad/odd- My trousers are loose. Pulling-up-all-the-time loose. Annoying cos it makes me thing ooooo I'm a 14 when I'm not, I know my M&S 16s fit a bit snug and can't pull up the 14s! These trews are old though, I wore them for a year or so when I was at this weight last time (well, with other stuff too am not a complete skank just a bit of one!) the others are brand new so I think these are just 'well-loved'. I don't want to get ahead of myself and end up feeling crap if something 14 in a shop doesnt fit me. Make sense? Does to me at least!

It's so good being a bit warmer, I thought I'd be cold for life. I have my heating off! And two windows open for the first time in months- it's ok, my flat gets aired enough as it's so drafty!

I need to hold on till 5 for next pack (or tuna, who knows) to keep to my schedule that works in the week. I need to put a wash on and clean bathroom, oh the fun to be had chez moosh! Listening to Absolute Radio 00s or 90s, changing when it gets crap. Random crap and occasionally 'oh my god I loved this!'

Here is a song-

Starship - Status quo - YouTube

It is inspirational and very cheesy. And from a musical involving space bugs so will make no sense out of context. But I thought I'll share it!

I know exactly what you mean about the heavy shopping. I got an online tesco delivery yesterday, simply so I could get cans of Irn-Bru for the OH and cans of Dr Pepper Zero for me! lol! Should have ordered a 6 pack of skimmed milk too, but I forgot. Picked up a couple of cartons at the newsagents on my way home from town today tho, so I shall still be able to drink tea!

And I like all this chirpyness - its a good vibe :D

Back