Moosh's S&S diary

Hey moosh you need to be carefull with the drinking, when i was pregnant i use to get water infections constantly and they wouldnt give me antibiotics so had to flush it all myself, was in so much pain i would drink like 6 1.5 litres of volcic strawberry water per day, i collapsed and ended up in hospital, i nearly drowned myself! Pls be carefull, You need to train yourseld to sip, limit urself to so many sips per hour, i know it sounds stupid but u dont wana go that bit too far and end up ill. even know (well not now) but before i did vlcd i could drink a good 5 1.5 litres of strawberry volcic per day, but i try not too! xx

Heres the listerine strips i use to take on LT they help your breath and the taste lasts ages so stops you drinking as much!
Listerine Pocketpaks, Oral Care Strips, Cool Mint - 72 Strips

Take care xxxx

Im the exact opposite, i stuggle to get any water in me at all! im recording my fluid intake because i woke up with a stinking headache!

i need to up water as i usually just drink coffee all day, moosh, trouble is after 4 kids i am in and out of the loo already, and get up 2 times a night, so goodness knows what i am going to be like now, might need to get a tenna lady, or maybe giant pampers lol.
am going to try and get into your frame of mind with the fluids .

Hey moosh you need to be carefull with the drinking, when i was pregnant i use to get water infections constantly and they wouldnt give me antibiotics so had to flush it all myself, was in so much pain i would drink like 6 1.5 litres of volcic strawberry water per day, i collapsed and ended up in hospital, i nearly drowned myself! Pls be carefull, You need to train yourseld to sip, limit urself to so many sips per hour, i know it sounds stupid but u dont wana go that bit too far and end up ill. even know (well not now) but before i did vlcd i could drink a good 5 1.5 litres of strawberry volcic per day, but i try not too! xx

Heres the listerine strips i use to take on LT they help your breath and the taste lasts ages so stops you drinking as much!
Listerine Pocketpaks, Oral Care Strips, Cool Mint - 72 Strips

Take care xxxx

Thanks for telling me that. It actually reminds of something I guess I put to the back of my mind- as a teen I tended to drink a lot less, like a 2l bottle of really cheap cola a day- not diet, it was like 30p a bottle so crappy! I used to get HORRENDOUS water infections and once it went to my kidneys ivolving an overnight stay in hospital. Now I'm wondering.... is that in some way, subconsciously affecting my choices now? Hmm.

I also used to suffer badly with tonsillitis, probably had about 4-5 hospital stays of up to 4 days each due to dehydration. Once I got a quinzy and the pain of that, the treatment and the dehydration just nearly killed me, never been in so much pain. Thankfully had them out two years back and no probs since so again I wonder if that memory is affecting me now? I know I swore to drink more each time it happened so I would have liquid in me should I get to the point of being unable to drink, which is what happened each time. Drips are marvellous things but I never want to be on one again!

i need to up water as i usually just drink coffee all day, moosh, trouble is after 4 kids i am in and out of the loo already, and get up 2 times a night, so goodness knows what i am going to be like now, might need to get a tenna lady, or maybe giant pampers lol.
am going to try and get into your frame of mind with the fluids .

Oh dear, pampers not a good look. I bet it ruins the outline of your clothes!:D I hate the getting up in the night too but right now it's THAT week of the month for me so up every hour anyway, dagnabbit!

ooh that is painful, yes it might be a subconcious thingy, thats enough to make you want to drink more though isnt it. i got tonsillitis at the moment feel like rubbish, at least i can just chill at home now and not worry about work. its kind of weird.

ooh that is painful, yes it might be a subconcious thingy, thats enough to make you want to drink more though isnt it. i got tonsillitis at the moment feel like rubbish, at least i can just chill at home now and not worry about work. its kind of weird.

Oh dear, poor you. I seemed to live in a state of almost-tonsillitis for a few years, they were so big I felt them every time i swallowed or spoke! The times I ended in hospital I alwasy wondered, how can something so insignificant make me so ill? So glad I had them out! Hope you feel better, good job you're at home. I've worked through several bouts, worst one was in a nursery. Boss knew I was so ill I couldn't stand up yet made me work as I was the only one qualified! Had to sit ina chair while assistants did all the work. Bad, bad times.

Just cooked a most epic curry for the kids, I saw there was pork on todays date so I googled a recipe and well.... substituted half the ingrediants and left out anything spicy! Only ever done korma before, from the Little Dish cookbook which I LOVE. The book, not korma I hate coconut! I had a small square of pork, oh well least it's protein. Like less than 1cm square, think I'm not over my cals! I've tasted it too, well I tried the liquid none of the ingredients. No way am I giving the kids anything that may be hot! It's very very mild though, so that's tea sorted for today plus a few portions for the freezer!

So far had 1.6 litres. Really, really cut it down! I'll have a litre or two with lunch then nothing till 5 when we get back from the school run.

What you done ?

Oh no Moosh hope your ok chick, let us know how you are.

Everything ok hun? hope ur alrtye xx

Everything ok moosh? x

I was thinking the same..... come online let us know ur ok??? xxx

Hi all, thanks for the concern.

I had a bad day and needed the perspective of being away. I often have a bit of a bad mood but I get over it, blah blah. Every now and then I have a truly horrendous mood, my emotions go to pot and I start questioning my existance. I never thought but maybe it is a TOTM thing, that's this week but I've never suffered with PMS. TBH the whoel tOTM month is newish to me, I didn't have any for years till I dropped below 16st and they came back with a vengance.

Anyway it started because I was so miserable about the drinking thing. I'm so worried I'm doing damage to myself by overdrinking but I'm so thirsty and I need the fluid, I need to know I can have a glass of water without harming myself! I logged every drop of liquid yesterday and realised at lunch that I had already had 4 liters which just threw me right over the edge.

I had had a a small cube of pork when cooking in the morning, I didn't just pop it in I decided I wanted to eat a tiny tiny thing. I also had to taste the curry I was doing for the kids, no way can I give them anything with spice in without testing. It was very mild, all fine, but it was the first time I have done that. I've tested their food by sticking my finger in for heat but never tasted any.

So I had 180g cucumber with this salad shakey thing I got in Asda, lemongrass and herbs to put on salad. Nice. Thought long and hard and had my final BL berry bar for lunch, needed to chew so I broke my routine of always having the bar at 5 and every other pack changing shake/meal/mush/cookie whatever. And I sat there and the baby was sleeping, she's really ill which doesn't help. I went and had 200g cucumber! With the shake again. I'm thinking oh it's ok we're allowed 200g veg and ignoring that I already had some.

Then I'm about to leave for school run and just take a small piece of chicken from the fridge, oh it's ok it's protein maybe I won't have 4th pack today it's fine. Then I put the baby in the buggy and saw a snack bag form the weekend and had 2 percy pigs, they weren't even that nice.

Back home the kids were fighting and crying over EVERYTHING, refusing the food I cooked and baiting each other I nearly cried. I had a crispy shake mush just so I could eat my regular 5pm pack and not nibble their tea, that's the plan. But I had 2l flavoured water when I got in and kept filling my glass form the tap- had given up on the log by then- I needed something.

Home, straitaway had 4 cans coke zero, 1l flavoured water then another BL bar. Then a choc shake mush. Then a sodding Tesco bar, then I gave up and had a tin of peaches in juice. Felt a bit bloaty but still really hungry, I was drinking all that time too. So it's 10.30 and I started a cleaning frenzy, tidied the flat and cleaned the bathroom. Midnight I keep thinking got to go to bed but I can't make myself. And i read one simple post on MN and remember I have raisins so I had about 3 handfuls of raisins! This is at gone midnight, I have to be up at 6 for work.

I ended up spitting a mouthful out in the bin and throwing the bag away, I was doing what I alwasy do just cram them in, already scooping them up before I've swallowed. Not greed as such just needing the feeling.

I'm also really struggling with my pica, I thought it was under control with the vit tabs but it came up last night too though I didn't do anything but I was awake most of the night just with cravings.

I also was cross at my stupid body, haven't crapped in a few days and so I took 3 laxitives at 12.30.

Anyway the above is fact, it happened I need to write it down for myself more than anything so please don't comment on it if anyone reads it, it's just for me and so I can hopefully look back and see what a tit I am and also see that even if I cheat I don't go too bad and have a four-course meal, most of what I had was extra packs or food most would consider 'healthy' like the peaches.

I'm on track today. I'm doing something I alwasy used to do on Rosemary Conley which is a 're-start' day. Read the sheet over and over, thought about why the hell I am doing this, what I intend to achieve, the plus points of after-me. So far had choc shake for breakfast, choc shake for lunch and will have a bar or shake at 5pm then a shake at 9. No tea, no boullion, nothing not allowed. No veg, I've managed without it before. No flavoured water or anything but real water and the stuff I've bought from S&S.

I'm logging every drop I drink. So far had 2.6l plus the water in the shakes, more than I had hoped but that is the absolute minimum I can go to and function. Got a bit of a headache brewing, always do when I drink this little but I just need to keep going.

And it will be a hard afternoon, it's tipping it down and I have no waterproof here so it'll be a long schoolrun. I'll put the youngest two in the buggy with cover but pushing them a mile whilst I'm soaked will be tough.

I just reaslised my stats are a bit skewy, I can never work out whether to put my start weight as the S&S start or the original one which was before I discovered minimins. So I changed my sig, to make it clearer. My official start date was the first day I did 100% S&S as my order was here, the week before I was having 2 packs a day plus low-carb stuff so I lost 5lb that week, I haden't realised that. Was when I just had the sample pack so not enough stuff to get going.

Well that's my essay, if anyone got this far please no comments I already have said it all to myself so clean sheet, moving on. I know I will probably gain this week and I'm prepared for that.

I'm freezing, really really cold. I want a cup of tea but I won't today, I'll stick to plan and tomorrow I'll have extra bits. I need to get out of the mindset of doing everything I can to make this easier- adding stuff, changing every single pack, having sweetners in tea dn constant flavoured water and coke zero. Need to get back to original mindset of occasional extras to make the day pleasant. That's why I started off only buying the coke in cans and making a 15 pack last a week now suddenly I'm buying 3 bottles as they are on offer and it's all gone in a day, that's why I'm in this state cos I can't control myself!

Oh and in the spirit of getting back to a chirpier me, today I put on my 16 jeans without my sexy longjohns on and realised they are getting big, like I could put both hands in the waistband. So i had to punch two extra holes in my belt to hold them up.

The belt is a big thig too, I bought it in France when I was in complete denial that I was gaining after my year of hard work. It fit me when I got it, wouldn't go round me when I left, and now has extra holes in. So that's good.

Back