more luck needed please!

daisydoll

Gold Member
well after the Yorkshire 3 peaks last bank holiday, its time for the big one tomorrow!!
The National 3 peaks - ben nevis, scafell in the lakes and snowdon in 24 hours.
I'm not climbing this time as I didn't think at the time i would be fit enough - however am kicking myself now as I think I would have been after doing the Yorkshire one.

Anyway its too late now, as i'm driver for one of the teams. I'm really excited and a bit nervous as its a long way and two 6 hour drives with no sleep are going to be a challenge in themselves - not including the 7 hour trek up to scotland in the first place! I have the red bull shots at the ready to keep me awake.

Its snowing on ben nevis so that should make things interesting!
The group have raised over half the £10k target which is fantastic. If anyone has a couple of quid spare please visit little Harry's website, he is such a little sweetheart, and his family are just the nicest people you could ever meet

anyway, think of us at 5pm tomorrow through to 5pm on sunday and keep your fingers crossed for us
and have a lovely bank holiday whatever you are doing

daisy x

Good luck Daisy. Im sure you are gutted ur not doing it - but yeah there is always next time x

good luck daisy!

Hi there!!!
It's done!

The weekend was great. We left home at 7am, got to Fort William at 3.45pm - part of the motoway was closed cos of an accident, which was really frustrating and added a couple of hours onto an already long journey.
The guys started climbing Ben Nevis at 5.30pm and my hubby was first up and down - in about 3 hours 30 mins! very wet and snowy at the top
The drive to the lake district was long - it was torrential rain in scotland and the roads were verydark and winding.

They started climbing sca fell pike at 4,30am and were back down at 7.30am - I tried to sleep for a couple of hours but had had that much caffeine i was shaking and my heart was racing!

We got to snowdon at 1.45pm and they all finished before 5pm - within the specified 24 hours.

The drivers all set up the tents whilst they were climbing then we went back to meet them with the champagne.

It was an amazing weekend - but I have felt so rough since.The caffeine overload, the concentration of driving and lack of sleep made me feel jetlagged and I have been asleep most of the last two days!

Thanks Lucylastic for the sponsorship - we think we will make the £10k target once all the paper sponsorship is added to the online donations which is amazing

Trouble is my hubby has now got the bug and is scouring the internet for the next challenge...help!

Daisy x

Hi Daisy

Congrats ..... well done girl... ur a real example x

Well done Daisy-I reckon the great wall of china or cycling accross america next? Or maybe lands end to John o'Groats? Maybe we should arrange an LL charity challenge?

Superb!

Great idea Rachel.

Well done Daisy.

Congratulations Daisy. There's no stopping you now is there Rachel.
Bet you 2 never imagined all these achievements and challenges when you set out on your LL journeys?

Back