more support needed from other half

snowfish

Started the Total solution last monday but fell off the wagon on Saturday. In fairness to her it was my pregnant wife's birthday but she kept pestering me to get a chinese.

To add insult to injury, she knows im struggling after the blip but has just walked in and sat down in front of me with Fish and Chips. The smell is killing me !!

Any tips on how to shut the cravings out gratefully received. i dont want us to have to eat seperately.

Am feeling down about the weekend slip up. Was 5 days and 2 packs in before i faltered. Feel like im starting all over again now.

thanks all

I think if the smell of your OH's food is making you have such bad cravings maybe it would be best for you to eat seperately just until you hit goal, your stats say you dont have alot to lose so it will only be for a few months.

Luckily I'm ok around food and even enjoy sitting and smelling the stuff people in my house are cooking.
My brother sat next to me with a plate of veggie spag bol earlier (my fave!) and I just enjoyed the smell but didn't want to eat any of it.
Maybe your cravings will go away in time.

Hi BB

To be honest im finding the day really easy and nights to be far trickier indeed.

i suppose starting a diet at the time my OH is pregnant is bad timing really. she'd usually be more than supportive

far be it from me to get inbetween a pregnant woman and her food!!!

overall id like to lose 36lbs to put me at the top of what im told is the ideal weight range. id set my first target at what i thought would be sensible and achieveable.

i guess this is going to need a little tweaking until i can find the right solution for me and my lifestyle. initially and without much research i thought id be able to just do the total solution for a couple of months and all the weight would just fall off

im starting to see a maintained effort of potentially mixed total/working/simple solution alongside regular excercise is probably the best answer for me.

i have also done a juicing and liver cleansing diet in the past with good results.

that all said, ill stick with the total for now and see how i go.

thanks !!

ha snowfish i know what you mean but its my kids and food that are doing my head in making them dinner and snacks is getting sooooo hard and only noticing how much rubbish they eat and they are not even heavy in slightest its not fair!!!

yeah candy, families and weight loss are not always the best combination

i can walk into a room now and after 5 seconds would be able to close my eyes and list every single food item in there... even down to my daughters raisins concealed in the carpet !!

Heya,

Food smells, TV adverts, the internet, etc are utterly hellish in the first week. The smells are stronger, the colours are brighter as your very being is hollering at you to eat. Once it gets used to the fact that it's not going to get fed, the cravings die down a bit. Even driving past the chippy in the car takes on a whole new dimension...

Eat separately for the first couple of weeks at least. it's only very temporary, it's certainly not forever, and she ought to understand. As with everything to do with this method of losing weight, short term alterations to protect your diet may well work out best for you in the long run.

I'll make no bones about it, this diet can be flippin' hard work at times, but that's the payoff for the results.

Good luck.

I am one of the weird ones that smells seem to help lol as an example I've been for some unknown reason craving black currant jam on toast so made some so I could smell it then made hubby eat it even though he doesn't like black currant lol if you explain I'm sure she will understand the first time I did exante I avoided all food and food smells but that just made things worse because in my mind I am doing this to control my urges for food so now I find a good old sniff makes me feel better lol

I must admit, I struggle at night too.
I try to split my packs up, so that I do have either one half or two halfs of something left for when I am sitting at night.
I have struggled tonight, and that was doing exactly that, so its not an exact science, but it does help reduce my danger time when my mind is in the right place
:)

I must admit, my OH has been great since I started TS. He went out and bought himself loads of bits to cook himself, he's not great in the kitchen so most of the stuff is from iceland! But he's happy enough :) x

Last time I did this I was living on my own, most of the time. Since then, we got hitched and bought a house. So it's bringing with it a whole host of new 'experiences'.

Thankfully he knows where the kitchen is. Well, he survived perfectly well for a number of decades before we got together. And he gets home before me, so he's not unaccustomed to making a start on his dinner. So far, so good. However at some point he will miss my cooking, and I'll feel guilty about it.

Also, unlike last time round, there's smells in the house, stuff in the fridge/lying about, and a forgetful OH. He tried to order me a pint last week and nearly poured me a vodka on saturday, out of habit...

Have had to have the 'Please from now on, don't buy me anything when you go shopping, unless I ask' chat.

Any misunderstandings were kinda my fault really - I have had a number of false starts at this over the past year or so, when I've tried to give it a go and but heart was really not in it. I've also worked in spare foodpacks to vegetarian low carbing (which again, he doesn't quite understand). So the poor sod probably doesn't know what diet I'm attempting from one week to the next...

Back