More than 10 stone to lose.... 5 stone and counting

Woo-hoo go you!

you are all so inspiring that I want to start now instead of Monday! Valentines stuff to get out the way first though!

Weight loss seems to have slowed right down so I've been on a 7.4 mile walk last Monday and did 9.5 miles today. My feet are ruined but I'm glad I've done it

Hi big Ben.

Just want to say good luck and congrats on the weight loss

Your journey is so inspiring and making me want to stay on my journey.

Good on ya for that walking!! ;)

Another 3 mile walk and 7.4 mile walk yesterday and today. And my feet didn't hurt after the 7.4 miles today either so back out tomorrow. I must be getting used to it, little bit boring but I've just downloaded a great app called mapmywalk so I can see exactly where I walked, how long it took, the distance, and try and beat my times as I get fitter :) total loss now the same as 8 and a half 2 litre bottles of water. Quite motivating when I see them sat there, and even more motivating when I try to pick them up!

Try carrying a few on your walk will bring it home even more!!

Well done though - thats so good!! :)

Another 9 miles today. Two months ago I couldn't walk 500 feet without getting serious back pain and getting a sweat on, and having to stop and rest for a minute before continuing. Unbelievable what a difference losing just 10% of my body weight has made.

Cant wait to see what difference another 10% makes

Hit the 3 stone total loss marker today. It's taken 6 weeks 3 days or to put it another way it's 42 lbs in 45 days. Feeling pretty proud of myself this morning. Just a shame I decided to break in my new walking shoes yesterday by doing a 9 mile walk as I have blisters the size of 50p pieces and it will be at least a couple of days before I can go out walking again. Never mind, I might dare myself to go swimming instead, been a long time since I've been in public without a top on.

Last edited:
Wow thats AMAZING!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Well done you that is some real determination! with regard to the blisters, I can recommend some decent blister plasters - also known as hydrocolloid dressings. They are like a film with a kinda gel inside and they work a treat - just DON'T take them off once they are on unless they fall off. They have to be left on to work.

Hi Ben!

Just wanted to say well done on such amazing weight loss so far! Going to read through properly now I've subscribed :)

Thanks for the support everyone :) decided to go out on my bike yesterday since I couldn't really walk. Much harder than I remember! Now my bum bones are bruised so that's the bike out of the window for a few days. Oh well. No pain no gain

ive also cut bread out of my diet pretty much completely which I never thought I'd be able to do. For example where I used to have a tuna sandwich, instead I'll have two tins of tuna but no bread, mix in an onion and a little bit of salad cream instead of mayo and I'm stuffed for less than 400 calories. I've also taken to eating a lot of chicken pieces usually with cherry tomatoes, or a packet of ham with cherry tomatoes as it's still nice and filling and not too many calories and lots of protein which is good for my muscles since they are getting a bit of use for a change.

cherry tomatoes and mushrooms are great, they are both tasty and one or the other go with most things. you can eat pretty much as many as you want at less than 20 cals per 100g. If I need a snack it's usually an apple or banana, although I did have a crunchie last night as my wife had bought a multipack and I'd only had about 1200 cals all day so it didn't feel too naughty. I've never taken so long eating a chocolate bar in my life. I nibbled away at it and it felt like a real treat

also enquiried with one of my friends about going to the gym and using a personal trainer he knows aswell, didn't think I'd be doing that until I'd lost another 5 stone or so but the time feels right so I'm gonna just do it. So what if people look at me thinking I'm so overweight I'll only go a few times before I quit. It will be nice to gradually prove them wrong and let them see the new fitter slimmer me taking shape. Not that I really think that's what most people think, and I've never really been one to much care if other people think negatively about me really but I know a lot of people that are overweight would be put off going to the gym by what they think other people will think about them.

I've been overweight since I was in junior school and I think if you asked most people if they thought if ever lose my weight they would probably guess that I wouldn't. I'm so looking forward to bumping into people and them not recognising me. I'm 100% convinced this is the time I do it, I'm so motivated, I've never felt close to being this determined about anything in my life. My two year old son will be starting school in a couple of years and it would break my heart to think he was being teased about my weight.

Sorry for for the long rambling post people, just most of my posts upto now have been short but sweet, but the more I lose, the happier I am to open up a bit I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for following my thread everyone, I know how inspiring some of the threads I read at the beginning of my weight loss were and I hope my by the time I've lost my weight my thread will help others like others helped me.

You don't have to have lost all your weight to be inspiring! A lot of what you've said will resonate loudly with a lot if us out there too - man or woman!

Your grit and determination deserves nothing but cheer! Well done :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

blisters all healed now so did 3.4 miles with my wife and son. Didn't really have time for more and it was trying to rain. Will get out for a nice long walk tomorrow if I get chance

oh and another 2lb off this morning too :) 44lb/20kg total now

5 miles yesterday, 6 the day before, might try and beat my 9.5 mile record today since the sun is out

You are doing so well! Your determination could teach me a thing or two right now.....

Not really sure where my determination has come from but the more I do the more I seem to want to do

Back