More than 10 stone to lose.... 5 stone and counting

Hence you have made it into the 23's already - that must have looked fab on the scales :)

Yeah hitting the 23's was a bit of a shock as I'd been stuck at 24st2 for about 4 days (can't help but weigh myself every day, although doing this I know I will have a lot of days I stay the same or go up a little) but yeah the overnight 4lb loss was a nice surprise.

50th post too so I can now add all my other goals to my list :)

NICE shock though! :happy096:

13.6 miles today :) my feet are bloody killing me. Glad I did it though

Hi Ben. I've been reading this thread, and just, wow. You've done amazing so far, well done. I'll be following your journey as you go through it, I hope you don't mind. It sounds like you have a great support system at home too, which is lovely. I only hope that I can give myself the kick up the butt you've given yourself, and do as well! Thank you so much for writing your story.
Good luck with the weight loss, and I look forward to reading your next post!!

Come on fella - giz an update! ;)

Well despite keeping under my maintenance calories, but around 2000 rather than 12-1500 which I was managing before, I have been stuck at the same weight for around a week now. In the past this might have been the point where I started to think if my diet isn't working then what's the point. Not this time! Although I haven't lost weight I haven't gained any either and I know from past diets that I eventually plateau at around the 3.5 stone mark. Funnily enough I've lost 3.5 stone now aswell. So I'm gonna have a few more days eating just under maintenance calories and then get strict with myself again. Hopefully this will kick start my weight loss again? If it doesn't I'm going to maybe try a couple of weeks on either some kind of ketogenic diet or some kind of intermittent fasting. Don't worry, I haven't given up. I just have nothing to report at the minute. The walking has been a bit less aswell as I've been busy doing training for work aswell for a new job I start in the morning. (Working away from home which would usually mean being in the pub every night so that's also gonna be a new challenge for me keeping off the beer. I'm not really a big drinker at home but being away I tend to be, and I have 3 good friends going with me who will probably all be in the pub every night but I'm confident I can resist)

thanks for checking in on me. I promise to keep you all updated

ben so proud of you x x

Good luck with that new job! We all hit a plateux at times and they can be depressing but its good that you aren't giving up!

We are still behind ya! :)

Hi Ben, just caught up with your thread, hope things are still going well for you and the new job is working out.

Been on a bit of a takeaway and drinking binge since I got here and haven't got any scales with me to see what damage I've done but am back on track now. Will post my weight gain when I get home and weigh myself at the weekend :-\

Evening Chap,

My story more or less mirrors yours, Start weight almost the same, Height etc, I have kids also and try and keep up with them, which to be honest even though i carry weight, most of the time i can do....just the dog i struggle with !!

Im also on CPAP maching, but have been for about 3 or 4 years now, as much as it doesnt bother me, i would love to get off it, just so that the nights i fall asleep on the cough, i dont wake up feeling half dead still. The bag of cement goal is mad, i always though of weight as bags of sugar but when you put it like that, makes me realise quite how much extra im carrying !!

Anyway, keep up the good work fella, and ill check in along the journey.

Laters

Well after being away working, going out on the drink a few times, a few too many takeaways and pub meals, and a few chocolate bars (about 5 full Scottish breakfasts which are really hard to turn down when they come free with your accommodation) I've ......

stayed the same!! I can't believe it!! I thought I was going to have gained maybe half a stone, or even more, I'm in total shock. I have tried to be good as much as I can, where as in the past when I've fell off the wagon I've just thought putting in any effort is pointless and just gone back to eating what I wanted. But this time I enjoyed myself when I wanted but never gave up completely on my weight loss. Before I went away I had hit a plateau anyway so hopefully now I am officially back on the wagon as of this morning my bit of a binge will have given my metabolism the kick start it needed and I can see some good losses again.

And the bags of cement, I think they generally come in 15kg bags now due to manual handling regulations etc and one of them is still really heavy. It's amazing what a difference even 20 kgs can make. I used to really struggle going up around 50 stairs in one go on a job I was on last year and on my new job I have to go up 130 or so, I feel fine after the first 50 and start to struggle after about the 100 mark now but can still do the 130 in one go which would have probably killed me in January.

Thanks ls to my long time followers for checking in and my new ones for subscribing, I does help knowing other people are watching from afar

Last edited:
Well after being away working, going out on the drink a few times, a few too many takeaways and pub meals, and a few chocolate bars I've ......

stayed the same!! I can't believe it!! I thought I was going to have gained maybe half a stone, or even more, I'm in total shock. I have tried to be good as much as I can, where as in the past when I've fell off the wagon I've just thought putting in any effort is pointless and just gone back to eating what I wanted. But this time I enjoyed myself when I wanted but never gave up completely on my weight loss. Before I went away I had hit a plateau anyway so hopefully now I am officially back on the wagon as of this morning my bit of a binge will have given my metabolism the kick start it needed and I can see some good losses again.

And the bags of cement, I think they generally come in 15kg bags now due to manual handling regulations etc and one of them is still really heavy. It's amazing what a difference even 20 kgs can make. I used to really struggle going up around 50 stairs in one go on a job I was on last year and on my new job I have to go up 130 or so, I feel fine after the first 50 and start to struggle after about the 100 mark now but can still do the 130 in one go which would have probably killed me in January.

Thanks ls to my long time followers for checking in and my new ones for subscribing, I does help knowing other people are watching from afar

That's a great result, Ben and it's good to see how focused you are on continuing your fab progress :clap:

That's fab Ben - you kept in focus and that's so important :)

Don't envy you lugging those bags of cement around - but gosh what brilliant exercise!

Have a great weekend.

No updates yet as I won't be back home with access to my scales until next Friday but I've been pretty good food wise this past week and had a second wind of determination. Hopefully I will be showing a decent loss when I get home. Cheers, Ben

Back