More water=chapped lips?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Anisah, 19 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I always thought that chapped lips were a sign of dehydration. I noticed my lips are more chapped now that I have been on cambridge and have been drinking 3 liters of water daily. Does anyone have any idea how this can be?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. littlemissspendthrift

littlemissspendthrift impossible is nothing

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Xenical
    to be honest.. i found this. and i put to down to the high mineral content of your shakes. they can perhaps agravate the sensitive skin on your lips.

my advice is to drink thru a straw (bar the soups)

reason i say this is cos i came off cd a couple of weeks ago and my lips were fine after 3-4 days. when i went back on it they were back to being chapped.
    since i have been drinking shakes thru a straw, i havent had any problems

xx

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Never heard of this ... I would have thought the same as you. Unless it is because you are not having the fat content of normal food??

5. Anisah

Anisah A pound at a time

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm clueless because I do drink my shakes with a straw and have gone off soups for over a week. I wonder if it could be the missing fat. I'm clueless. Bring on more ideas, I'm very curious.

6. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hiya, I pretty much only have tetras and drink through the straws, but I still get dry lips, so wonder what it might be that causes it!

7. Surfhunny

Surfhunny Laugh in the face of food

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(17.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambidge Diet
    Hmmm, very odd. My lips have been fine :confused: But having said that I'm constantly caking them in lip balm, so that may be why. It's almost an unconscious habit I have, but maybe it will help you (mind you've probably already tried that):wavey: xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.