Moroccan Chicken

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
Found a recipe that is perfect for Extra easy days and I can't wait to try it.

• 500g chicken Breast (recipe was for chicken thighs but you would need to leave the skin on so would use breast meat instead)
  • 28g flat leaf parsley
  • Tin of chick peas
  • Carton of chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano (or plan tin toms/ passata and then the hers seperate)
  • Ground cinnamon
  • Cous cous
  • Fry light
  • Veg stock (any stock if you prefer I guess)

Heat pan with fry light and pat the chicken with with sprinklings of ground cinnamon and fry on a high heat.

Add the tinned tomatoes/passata (basil/oregano etc too) and the tin of chicke peas, drained, simmer for approx 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Meanwhile pour 200g couscous into a bowl and gently pour over 240ml boiling stock, made with 1 stock cube. Stir well, cover and leave to stand for 5minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir through 1/2 x 28g pack of parsley, chopped.

Stir the rest of the chopped parsley into the chicken and chickpea mixture and serve with the cous cous on the side.

Mmmmmmm will be doing this tonight I think.

Last edited:
hahaha I read it off a recipe card, it just shows a jar 47g cinnamon and didnt think when I wrote it down... I shall edit my post just in case - eek. You only need a sprinkling.

Back