Moroccan Chicken

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by Hayleyj123, 12 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Found a recipe that is perfect for Extra easy days and I can't wait to try it.

• 500g chicken Breast (recipe was for chicken thighs but you would need to leave the skin on so would use breast meat instead)
    • 28g flat leaf parsley
    • Tin of chick peas
    • Carton of chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano (or plan tin toms/ passata and then the hers seperate)
    • Ground cinnamon
    • Cous cous
    • Fry light
    • Veg stock (any stock if you prefer I guess)

Heat pan with fry light and pat the chicken with with sprinklings of ground cinnamon and fry on a high heat.

Add the tinned tomatoes/passata (basil/oregano etc too) and the tin of chicke peas, drained, simmer for approx 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

Meanwhile pour 200g couscous into a bowl and gently pour over 240ml boiling stock, made with 1 stock cube. Stir well, cover and leave to stand for 5minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir through 1/2 x 28g pack of parsley, chopped.

Stir the rest of the chopped parsley into the chicken and chickpea mixture and serve with the cous cous on the side.

Mmmmmmm will be doing this tonight I think.

Last edited: 13 November 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tafflass

tafflass Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(23.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    sounds yum!
    will be trying that,thanks

4. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Is the 47g of cinnamon a typo???? That would be a heck of a lot!!!!!

5. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    hahaha I read it off a recipe card, it just shows a jar 47g cinnamon and didnt think when I wrote it down... I shall edit my post just in case - eek. You only need a sprinkling.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.