Morphy Richards Soup Maker

I know a few people were thinking about getting it but personally I think it is just a waste of money. A pot and stick blender will do just as good a job if not better because the capacity of the Morphy Richards one is quite small - plus they will be a darn sight cheaper and can be used for other things as well as making soup

Yes thats what I was thinking but I'm very lazy so the thought of just chucking it all in and then 15 minutes later I've got hot soup was swinging it my way :)

Yes thats what I was thinking but I'm very lazy so the thought of just chucking it all in and then 15 minutes later I've got hot soup was swinging it my way :)

It doesn't take much more than that to make soup in the conventional way.

We have a soup maker we are thrilled with........ME !!!!

I make soup at least 3 times a week and it is just so easy.

If you want an easy, no cook soup just open a tin of tomatoes, a tin of baked beans throw in some cooked potato, add whatever seasoning you like, I like it spicy so add crushed chillies and cumin. It is delicious and on a green day is syn free.

Making soup has to be one of the easiest forms of cooking there is.

Have a go, you might even enjoy it.

It doesn't take much more than that to make soup in the conventional way.

We have a soup maker we are thrilled with........ME !!!!

I make soup at least 3 times a week and it is just so easy.

If you want an easy, no cook soup just open a tin of tomatoes, a tin of baked beans throw in some cooked potato, add whatever seasoning you like, I like it spicy so add crushed chillies and cumin. It is delicious and on a green day is syn free.

Making soup has to be one of the easiest forms of cooking there is.

Have a go, you might even enjoy it.

That sounds lovely - thanks
HOw long would you then cook on the hob for?
:)

I think it's a waste of money too. I make a lot of soups and always use a big saucepan and a hand blender. I cook my soup for longer though as I like my veg very soft, so I boil for about 20 mins and then simmer for about an hour.

I love to use bones as a stock maker as well so cook for much longer. Yesterday I got some fabulous looking Serrano ham bones yum !!! I will cook them with leeks, potatoes, carrots, onions, red peppers and a stock cube if needed.

The recipe with tinned tomatoes and tinned beans only needs 10 minutes so that the crushed chillies can cook through.

Back