Morticia's Musings

Tablet - a traditional Scottish sweet made from sugar, condensed milk and butter. Usually hard and very sugary ;).

Oooh all this talk of tablet reminds me I have to write some new burns night menus for certain clients, any ideas lovely Scottish folk ?

Jez
xx

Nothing beats the traditional Haggis, neeps and tatties! Have you a piper though?

Oops Morticia - I apologise for hijacking your thread.

Jez- Perhaps the Scottish menu plans should be discussed on a new thread.

No, that's good.

Thanks for the nice comments folks...:)

Now haggis...yum. Is there a low fat way of making it I wonder?

TI, did you have a good anniversary?

Now I've got a problem that I know seems odd, but I am not managing to eat enough. I'm struggling to add in the second protein meal, and a lot of the time I'm not managing my two foodpacks. Today I've had a total of 550 calories, but done exercise to the total of 298 calories.

I think the problem is twofold. Firstly a lot of the time I'm full after a meal, and I've not really felt hungry so it feels wrong to go looking for food when I'm not hungry. The second part of it is, I think I have a mental block. I know that the first time I put weight on instead of losing I will be devastated, even though I know it might happen during RTM and is to be expected....I just feel so scared of the down feeling it will bring. I'm so used to being on a high due to the weight loss.

Hi Morticia

Yes thanks - we had a lovely relaxed evening at the cinema and then for a drink after. No need to rush back to relieve a babysitter! I just wished I hadn't volunteered for breakfast duties at the brownie sleepover as I had to be at the community centre for 7.30 am. I could have had a long lie - undisturbed by earlybird kid visits. Ah well.

Sorry to hear you are struggling to eat enough. Not being there yet it's hard to imagine, but have you tried taking in less 'filling' proteins - eg cottage cheese - or more calorific ones such as oily fish - e.g. mackerel?

With your calorie intake and exercise it is possible you are keeping yourself in ketosis - so that would explain why you are not hungry. You really really need to up the calorie intake to be able to move on. The whole point of RTM is to learn how to maintain - keep your weight the same i.e. NOT to lose weight.

Hope you work this out. xx

Completely understand your fears about this Morticia, I love the fact that I loose every week. It makes me happy :) Now that I have the official go ahead to start RTM next week I am bloody petrified!!! So don't want to loose what I have worked so hard to get! Not sure what advice I can give you on upping the cals, but I am sure BL or SB will be along later to offer sound advice.

Big hugs hun

Jez
xx

hi there
it is strange to STS or put on now in RTM, but you get used to it...see my weigh-ins below.....

however, i had the aim to be the same at end of RTM as at beginning - which i have nearly done

the gains have been disappointing even tho i knew/wanted to get to my starting weight i have had to keep reminding myself of this fact.

seeing the bigger picture is something i'm geting better at ...RTM has taught me that.

i have put on 2lb this week- i would have been 'oh well sod it' if i was on WW or Sw and gone off the rails but i actually feel OK about it...as its part of being 'normal' to have weight fluctucations - esp if you have over-indulged for a couple of weeks

the important thing for me is not to let it become the beginning of a downwards spiral ..... as it would have done before

don't panic....look at the bigger picture...RTM is all about learning what works for you

daisy x

Aww, thanks folks for all your advice. It's great to just rabble and share these thoughts with you all, knowing I won't be judged or made to feel silly....:)

You have all been a godsend through this journey...:)

Hi Morticia,

Sorry, no words of wisdom from me on your dilemma as I am feeling exactly the same way. I really battle getting the 2 meals and 2 food packs down and snacks just don't exist in my vocabulary anymore.

I know that deep down my problem is partly due to me wanting to quit smoking later this year and I am fairly certain that I will put some weight back on then, so I'm trying to push for as much as I can now to give me some leeway. Having said that, like you, I just don't feel hungry and don't see the point in eating when I'm not hungry as that could lead to a lot of my old bad habits returning. My way round it at the moment is to add some form of nuts to my salads (normally pine nuts) as that does push the calories up a bit.

I will be interested to see what the long timers advice is.

Mel

Thanks Mel,

I think I'm allowed nuts from next week so will try that.

On another note. My sister got a call from my slim sister in law the other night (BTW she is the same height as me) , they were talking about my weight loss and this is how the conversation went....

Sister...How good does Morticia look?

Sister in law....yes, did she tell you she is 9stone 3lb.....that is lighter than me...and we are the same height......well I must be heavy boned as there is no way Morticia is thinner than me!!!!

My sis reckons someone is getting jealous that her title of Queen of slim has been nicked....:)

Anyway, my sis still keeps giving me positive strokes so who needs jealous sister in laws anyway?

LOL LOVE IT Morticia

You just KNOW that's the truth :)

Definitely sounds like a touch of the green eyed monster there - just listen to your sister, she knows best :D

Bit of an update, then some ramblings from me now I've got a bit of time.

Well past week has been good. Eaten as planned for week 5-6. Have eaten on occasions up to 8-9 portions of fruit and veg on some days which has led to feelings of being greedy. Still not always managing as much calories as probably should as my diet is being bulked out by fruit and veg. However Fri/Sat my calorie count went up to about 900-1000 per day. During both days I felt like I had eaten an awful lot. Though they were all good choices and I loved them. It's only when I logged them I found the calorie/fat content was not as much as anticipated. So I think I'm eating a good amount but just not the junk I used to eat so I feel as full and as satisfied as before and it takes my head a bit more time to realise that you can feel full and satisfied with healthy choices and not put on weight. Not sure any of that makes sense, just basically I feel I've eaten loads and should put on weight but because it's good choices that won't happen and my brain needs to accept that.

What I'm trying to sort out in my head now is the reintroduction of trigger foods. Basically I've felt that RTM so far has not been a challenge for me. I've always said once I'm in the zone, cakes/biscuits etc don't bother me. They used to figure heavily in my eating before. So what this tells me is that when I step away from sugary foods, I can control my cravings and binges with them, but if I indulge then it's s slippery slope. I'm not sure that carbs are a real trigger for me, just more refined sugars. So even though it's a bit early ( I think it's near the end that sugary things are introduced) I'm wondering about just not re-introducing them at all. I'm worried that I will go off the rails when I do indulge. I feel like so far foundation and RTM has been a breeze, and my inner chatterbox is telling me that something will come along and trip me up......cos nobody gets it that easy!

So has anyone else just not introduced a type of trigger food into their diet? How did it go? Would there be problems with not introducing something?...would it lead to some sort of glycogen load if you don't do RTM as 100 prescribed?

So many questions, but I'm hoping some of you more experienced LL'ers can share your thoughts. Thansk in advance.

Back