Morticia's Musings

Re: Chocolate: Green and Blacks higher cocoa content is more satisfying because you'll get the chocolate hit very quickly. Cadbury's and most other 'chocolates' (which aren't chocolate at all; I mean is Snickers or Mars chocolate? No.) - they are full of ADDED sugar and excessive vegetable oil to make it 'soft'.
Personally I don't like dark chocolate, or chocolate much at all, but on occasion it's nice to have a little... might as well go for some lovely creamy high cocoa content stuff rather than eat oily overly processed rubbish.

:)

That is very true. I oftne have a square of Dark Chocolate at night, and that does not induce cravings at all....but its the stuff Min mentioned, Cadburys, etc., that we had at work recently - and that stuff I had a couple and wow, instant cravings for more!!

Very interesting. FOrtunately, I prefer dark chocoloate because of the bittersweet factor.

Well today is the day for my dreaded sugar...I have had such a love/hate relationship with it.

Anyway, had myself a little bit of Green and Blacks (white chocolate so not as much cocoa in it unfortunately). It was lovely but did not make me want the whole bar. I think it helps just to break off what you intend to eat and put the rest away, rather than sitting with it within reach.

Hope everyone has had a good day and roll on the weekend...:)

Well done M. A little fear is a good thing to have. ;)

Thats what I do. I keep a huge bar or two of Drak Cocolate in the cupbaord at all times, believe it or not, and it lasts for weeks. I just break off a square or two, and wrap the rest up and back in the cupboard. Remembering a little is better then none at all - if like me, you love your cocoa products! ;) So I enjoy the small amount as a nice end to a hectic day. ANd I don;t feel the need to wold the whole bar.

As said earlier thugh - milk chocolate is a whole other beast, and I will not keep that in the house. Tooooo much sugar and the cravings that come with that strike within minutes of eating a small peice - so for me, just better to not have around period.

Now if only I could get our manager to know that!! :D

Hi Bl,

I'm looking forward to being able to do the same thing....just eat a tiny amount and not get drawn back to eating more. So far so good with this but it's mega early days yet. Thanks for the support.

So Friday was a big day for me. Sugars being my big downfall in the past I had frozen some birthday cake from my son's birthday in June to have at the end of RTM. This being my last week and the week to add in sugar I felt it was a good time to do just that. I normally go our to Borders bookshop with hubby on a Friday night, browse the books and then head to the coffee lounge to sit reading while having my coffee (a black americano). Hubby usually has a cakey thing but I've not been tempted. This friday I had taken the cake out the freezer, cut a slice and took it with me. I decided to have the cake at Borders rather than at home as there would be no opportunity to find myself back in the kitchen for seconds. So, off to Borders I went with cake in my bag....I did feel guilty about taking in my own food but hey ho. Had my coffee and slowly at small little delicate bits of cake. Hubby watched every mouthful as if I was going to turn into some mad warewolf after having sugar...:( Anyway, I did not feel any sugar rush, did not feel any great desire to have seconds, yes it was lovely but it was just cake...lol, I think I no longer have the same draw to these things...or maybe it's because it was not some fancy cheesecake or large piece of carrot cake. What I found interesting is after about 10 minutes I could have gone to sleep right there in starbucks with my head in my book...lol. Now, knowing that some carbs and sugars make me feel almost instantly tired, I'm sure I will be more selective as to when I want to indulge.

Saturday I went back to a class I do which was off for the summer....ohh the amount of positive strokes I got was overwhelming....but lovely. One of my other classmates even said she was glad I had not lost my sexiness....wooohooo, thin and sexy, bring it on...:D

Ps, Bl loving the new picture....you look sassy...:D

So glad it went well with the cake eating Morticia, and yes you are one sexy lady!!! What class is it that you are doing?

Jez
xx

It's a dance class Jez, actually I usually just mince around....:D

I bet you look amazing!! Have finally found local belly dancing classes - something I have always wanted to do but the new course only starts in Feb next year :( Still something to look forward too. Have some pilates classes lined up too!

Jez
xx

Ohh one of my other class buddies does a belly dancing class but it's on at the same time as my LL class. I always intended switching to the belly dancing class once RTM was over but I don't feel ready to drop my ll class just yet....:)

I bet you look amazing!! Have finally found local belly dancing classes - something I have always wanted to do but the new course only starts in Feb next year :( Still something to look forward too. Have some pilates classes lined up too!

Jez
xx

I got a work out DVD that is belly dancing based - mega fun, but - surprisingly very hard work!! :D

Feb will be here before you know it! :)

My belly dances all on its own - every time I move :D. Maybe I should think about training it properly LOL.

There are belly dancers around here who put on a show at some of the local galas every year. My girls love having a go when invited into the arena. Maybe I will try it in 2010.....

I won't post much here tonight due to my other post. I have less than 30 minutes left of my RTM journey.....:D

Just enough time to say good luck to everyone still doing RTM, those just about to start and of course the inspirational people who are maintaining......:)

Group hug...:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Hi Jez,

Thanks for looking in. I'm doing well. Had a full on 3 or 4 days. Had my leaving night on Thursday and went for dinner. Didn't drink as it holds not a great deal of appeal especially as I still had one more day to work. Foodwise made good choices and was happy with what I ate. Friday went out to dinner this time with a friend, had lovely cullen skink to start with, tasted really creamy. Had chicken with a tomato sauce for mains, a little bit of bread and 2 glasses of wine. Did not feel like pudding so that was it for the night. Yesterday had a halloween party to go to (pics to follow...:)) I did eat more nibbles than I intended to. Not anything too desperate but decided to pull it back today so just had my porridge as usual this morning and 3 packs with fruit as snacks. I'm hoping this will right any excess from last night. Not feeling too guilty about it though. I think just a healthy attitude to over indulgance once in a while. It has been an exceptional week for celebrations so back to normal next week.

Wow darling, you sound like you are doing brilliantly, such an adult head on your shoulders there. It seems you are following the 80/20 rule perfectly and a little excess is fine :) Good luck tomorrow for the new job, would love to know what you are doing and where, and what is different from the old.

Jez
xx

Hey Jez, I hadn't thought about it, but the 80/20 rule might just be a good way to look at how to maintain. On paper it sounds good, and do-able, so will give it a try.

Re the new job, well I'm going self employed, first day at the office so to speak today.....all very exciting. If we manage a meet I'll fill you in on all the details....:)

Well one full week of maintenance and I'm surviving.

I've actually not had any great fears about going solo so to speak. It's all very exciting. I happened to miss my LL class this week due to other stuff, something I rarely do. However, on my home scales I seem to be maintaining which is good given I had a full on few days with outings and a party. Not having any great urges for anything that would be a danger. As I've said many times in the past that sugary things, cakes/biscuits/chocolate etc were my downfall. I've manged to indulge slightly here and there but no great motivation to binge which is good.

One thing that has helped has been my one to one counselling. We did some work on how being surrounded by all these foods made me feel, I know in the past from doing this mental imagery work I've always had the urge to protect all the goodies and bring them close to me, like safegaurding them from hostile territories (I reckon this is my siblings who used to steal all the treats at home, if you were not fast you were last). Anyway as LL has progressed I no longer felt the need to protect these goodies, I felt a letting go so to speak. Last week while doing this another mental image popped into my head. One that made me laugh, no idea where it came from but sums up exactly where I feel I am now with these foods. The image was of me lying back in a sumptious roll top bath filled to the brim with cakes, cupcakes, fairy cakes etc.......and it just summed up how I feel. Totally relaxed and at ease with these things, lying back in a playful enviroment. I can take or leave these cakes, but whatever I do I am totally ok with it........a real feeling of calm surrounds these things. I've not been tempted to overeat with these things but if the temptation does arrise I hope to think back to my roll top bath and get myself into that mental state where these things just don't bother me, That's the theory anyway....:D

Hope everyone is having a fabby week so far....:)

Back