Morticia's Musings

Ohh BL, I toy with the idea of putting pics up from time to time...but I'm shy...lol.

Happy Happy Birthday Hunny!! So glad to hear you had such a fabulous day. You really do deserve it. Congrats also on the 2lb loss you are doing brilliantly. Love your dinner choices too, sounds like a brilliant restaurant. Finally got all my Burns night menus written tonight and am pretty happy with them, got to conjur up some lovely mental images of my trip to Scotland too :) I shall send them to you tomorrow or the next day, let me know what you think!

Big Birthday Hugs all tied up with a Purple Bow (lol I get the impression you like purple like I do but could be wrong on this one!)

Jez
xx

Sounds like a great day :D.

Sleep well oh Adult one!

Ohh BL, I toy with the idea of putting pics up from time to time...but I'm shy...lol.

Awww, go on girl. You are among friends.

Besides, I have such a hard time imagining you look like a downtown New York city street. :D :giggle:

When you are ready...it's be great to put a face to a name. :)

xx

Well folks, lovely restaurant as it was, I was ill soon after posting last night and have been vomiting for 12 hours since. It has to be said though, I did have mussels which I've been ill with in the past and I do have a very temperamental tummy so not blaming the restaurant. My sister had them too, and although she felt a bit off she was nowhere near as ill as me. I've always got to do things bigger and better than anyone else I guess...;) If I do eat anything today I think it wiill be food packs.

Jez, you guessed right indeed....:D Looking forward to seeing your recipes. Have always loved haggis and so miss having it when I'm out for dinner. One thing I'd like to ask, how high in fat/calories do you think it would be? I'd rekon quite high but not really knowing all the ingredients it would be a wild guess (a shocking admission from a scot). If I knew just how high it was, when it came to having it, at least I could make allowances with that day or the next day's food choices.

BL, thank you for the nice comments. I'm giving it serious thought....just need to find a nice one...:)

Finally got all my Burns night menus written tonight and am pretty happy with them, got to conjur up some lovely mental images of my trip to Scotland too :) I shall send them to you tomorrow or the next day, let me know what you think!

Ooh - I'd love to see them too Jez. Do you do anything for St Andrews Day?

Oh so sorry to hear you have been ill Morticia. Hope you feel better soon hon. :wave_cry:

I'm getting there, sitting in my jammies, having the first drink/food of the day. Funny after I've been ill before I've always felt like I need to be spoiled in some way so took comfort in food especially if I've not been able to eat. Today feels different, I just want the comfort of my packs. So even though I am meant to be starting week 9 today and going down to 1 pack, I don't feel I can face food and really just want a day of shakes. I've just had a banana one and it gave me that feeling of comfort that I would get before from a big plateful of food.

Hey Hun

Sorry to hear you were ill after the mussels!! Never great to be ill from seafood.

I had a squizz on food focus re the haggis, they have the mc sween (which is the one I use) and an M&S haggis neeps and tatties - for 150g it is 110cal but mostly from fat and carb. Have a squizz for yourself though. From what I know ingredients are oatmeal, spices, herbs, some meat lamb or beef I think, and some innards like liver, heart, etc all minced together and popped into the sheeps stomach which has been turned inside out - I think a lot of the commercial ones are in artificial casing these days though.

Since I was right about the purple, gonna ask if you were ever a slightly gothy/alt girl when growing up? Just taking more wild guesses here, but the nickname and the love of purple makes me think this :p

Forgot to email myself the Burns menus, but will try log onto the work server and pull them off. I have never done anything specific for St Andrews day, and probably won't get to unless we have a client request for such - lol get some lovely scottish companies to invite me up to cook :)

Jez
xx

hope you are feeling better today

and come on...get those pictures posted!
daisy x

Heya! Happy belated Birthday! Hopefully you enjoyed the meal (at the time) even if it all came running up after (poor you!)!
I really hope this weekend has been lovely and you have been feeling less poorly.

... and I do agree with the others... Get some pictures up! :D Go on - I'm usually as shy as anything - but LL has given me much confidence. Show off your achievements, share with the world! :flirt2:

Min thanks for the birthday wishes....:). I'm all well now and back to normal.

I had a fab weekend. Went to a luxury lodge for the weekend on the shores of a beautiful loch, stunning views and great weather. Saturday went horseriding for the first time ever....my god my bum was so sore after 2 hours in the saddle, less padding obviously. Sunday went canoeing on the loch, all very gentle but still hard work on the upper arms, so I was happy to get into it. Then in the afternoon went out in a rigid inflatable boat to the Corryvreckan Whirlpool at Jura, was fabby, no real exercise with that but still exhilarating. Food wise my choices well all good. Can now have oats so having normal porridge for breakfast and had a few oatcakes...yum.

Jez, yep you're right again...you mad psychic you...lol...:D

Morticia darling, I can only say/guess at this because I was one too, my fave colour is purple etc etc, I am guessing you did a fair bit of dancing in corners in lots of black to the old sisters of mercy or the cure, bauhaus, morrissey or that ilk :)

Hehehehehhee

Jez
xx

Ohh god, those were the days...long before I started a 20 year diet...lol.

Well LL group went well last night. Stayed behind to talk to the new folk, which was great for me getting all those positive strokes. But also great to see them so enthusiastic and if I helped a little bit then I'm happy.

Tomorrow I add in cheese. Not a biggie for me in the past but I think I tended to avoid it because of high fat content. I really want to get away from thinking of some foods as bad and others good. I want to think of all food as just food, and decide to eat it if I feel like it, if my body is craving it etc. Not because it's the healthy option or the low fat option etc. I've realised I've spent 20 years avoiding all sorts of food because of it's negative connotations, and still I was fat....! I'm sure I filled myself up with bland carbs and then indulged in chocolate/cakes/treats etc because my rebelious child told me I deserved it.

So today hubby was going to do a bit of shopping and I asked for some cheese for tomorrow. He immediately asked if I wanted a low fat option and I deliberately said no. I would much rather have a small piece of cheese with gorgeous texture and intense flavour, than a much larger piece of bland rubber low fat stuff. So I've got a nice block of wensleydale with cranberries to have with some oatcakes for lunch tomorrow.

Mmm wensleydale with cranberries on oatcake - heaven. Enjoy Morticia.

Gonna send you a pm re meeting up.

Gorgeous, I love wensleydale - even been to the factory !!! Tell us how it was - am really looking forward to cheese week!

Jez
xx

My hubby

was a bit of a pain when i first re-introduced food. Kept saying things like " are you supposed to be having all that? ""is it legal?"
" It looks funny to see you with a plate"
I had to have words with him after a few days. I felt pretty bad when he explained it was hard for him to adjust to seeing me eating after 10months of shakes and water.
I had been so wrapped up in myself I had forgotten that me doing LL and losing more than half myself had cmpletely changed his life too.
Another light bulb moment .
:ashamed0005:

Back