Mortified long time lurker

Hi and well done for no longer lurking... :)

How's this for a little bit of motivation... 52 weeks, minus one and a half pound (on average) for those 52 weeks = loss off 78 pounds (5 stone 8) = happy new year 2014

Stay on that wagon girl :)

Hi everyone - reading through this thread, I can't quite fathom how we've all experienced the social ineptitude of so many people! Mine was at work and completely mortifying, I fail to understand people sometimes...

However we're all here, in the same boat, and everyone is so helpful and supportive. Last year I gained at Christmas and the consultant I had at the time reacted to it in a very peculiar way indeed - sounds insignificant, but it took me until mid year to sort my head out with SW again. However this year, I declared my Christmas weight gain on minis (6lb gain in 4 days people?!?!) and got on with it, here's to 2013.

Goingtobeskinny - it's madness beating yourself up all the time isn't it (but oh so easy to do!). My mom does SW had has lost nearly 4st: she looks phenomenal, however she's now losing focus, freaking out and becoming demotivated at small gains here and there. It happens, it's life - it's like you have to forgive yourself for being human!

Awful ain't it! I had someone give up their seat for me on the tube once and give me a right nice smile as if I was heavily pregnant...far from the truth!!!

I had very slow weight loss for the first few months - was very frustrating as I had 6 stone to lose when I started...A few weeks back I cut back my syns to max of 7 a day (instead of 15!!) and lost 3.5lb in a week!!
I find there are little tweaks you can make, look forward and see which weeks are 'clear' and which ones could be difficult, and on those clear weeks, really go for it - the rewards will come!

I'm so pleased I signed up for Minimins and decided to start my twenty-twelfth attempt at SW.....such wonderful supportive people :) you wouldn't know how much that means to someone like me who shy's away from Everything and everyone and has had such bad experiences at groups that its enough to put me off joining another group for life. I'm now really looking forward to my journey and I'm looking forward to yours too :greenapple: :)

Welcome aboard Lisa - the more the merrier I say. Minis has kept me sane and on the straight and narrow. The people are fantastic here and I dont think you could actually get any better in a class. Its like having an extended SW family. A friend at work recommended the site to me and ive never looked back, im totally addicted now lol x

Bless your heart.xx
This is such a lovely supportive place i wish id found it sooner xx

Hello
I'm new to this but I've had that question too, it is awful :-(
I started SW in November but haven't lost much, need to focus this year, I'm determined to lose weight before we actually do try for a baby next year!
I have a lot to lose so I've set my goal to a stone loss as that seems easier to aim for to start with.
Danni X

I was often asked if I was pregnant - look at the pics from before and you'll see why!

View attachment 72999

View attachment 73000

But since May I've been on SW and stuck to it. I'm 2st down now, with another 1st to go. My target weight isn't a super low weight, but one I'll be happy with.

So this is me 2stone down...

View attachment 73001

View attachment 73002

2st doesn't sound a huge amount but it's made a massive difference to me.

My advice - well the number 1 piece is DONT QUIT! It's amazing how many people have a small gain/stay the same and decide "it's not working" and quit. But when you think about it, that's actually mad! "I'm not losing weight on this healthy diet so what I'm going to it is... Quit and start eating more junk????" - how will that possibly help? Lol. It's our mind playing tricks on us.

No matter what the scales show for the week, keep on going. Every 1lb off is a 1lb closer to target. Who cares if it takes you 2 months or 2 years to target? Those 2 years will happen whether you're on the diet or not, so you may as well stick to it x

you look fabtastic xx

Wow thank you all so much for sharing your fantastic stories and tips! Everyone is doing so well! I decided to join tonight rather than wait until tomorrow and can't wait to get started. I've chucked all the christmas rubbish out of the fridge and cupboards and done a SW friendly shop. I'm feeling very inspired by you all.
Lou x

Jezzi you look fab girl and I love the hair colour it suits you... and you are so right it is so easy just to give up. Not this time 2013 will be our year :D

Back