Motivated and ready for Dukan!!

Thanks!!! xx

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I've been quite good I think this weekend -
Saturday P/V - boiled eggs and porridge for breakfast, and a late lunch/early dinner of the most amazing "thai salmon en papiotte" (also on the link for peppercorn sauce) - basically just fish with lots of veg and some soy sauce, but it was incredible I really recommend it!
I was babysitting for my sister's kids Saturday night and on the way home OH wanted to stop for a McDonalds, so I had to watch while he ate 2 portions of chicken nuggets and chips AND a McFlurry - it was hell! But yet again... natural yoghurt to the rescue.
Sunday - poached eggs for breakfast, porridge as a snack and several chicken slices, and for dinner we went to Nandos - now I don't know how naughty this is but we shared a whole medium chicken and OH ate the side orders - do you think the chicken will be ok? It was a bit oily and unfortunately the skin is my favourite bit so didn't even avoid it.... but the scales haven't gone up (whoops - weighed myself again ha!) so I don't know if it was that bad really. Please let me know your thoughts!

I really hope Nandos chicken isn't too bad - it's low in calories and carbs according to website and it's just an easy place we can go for dinner while I stay on Dukan so fingers crossed!

Tonight I'll make PV chicken and peppercorn sauce again (it's easy option on Monday as it's the day of our food shop, which means it needs to be quick! Or maybe a chicken stir fry... depends how I feel later on.

And I'll be making carrot mug cakes for pudding which I am VERY excited about!!

Hi Kryssy

Nandos is a good choice .... even better if you CAN leave the chicken skin, but not the end of the world if you didn't ;)

P x

Hi Kryssy

Nandos is a good choice .... even better if you CAN leave the chicken skin, but not the end of the world if you didn't ;)

P x

Thanks for your reply Paulinegin!

Week 2 weigh in -5lbs exactly! *does dance* yayyyy! So this brings my total weight loss to 9.8lbs in 2 weeks :D :D :D

yesterday (PV) I ate:
scrambled eggs
prawn salad, no sauce
grilled chicken with peppercorn and mushroom sauce with veg (this is the standard Monday night dinner as it requires minimal effort while I'm packing the food shopping away!)
carrot mug cake - AMAZING I will post the recipe on here when I get home as don't have it to hand - but it's just oat bran, sweetener, vanilla essence, egg, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, carrot and natural yoghurt - wap it in the microwave - DONE! So good xxx

Well done you!!I tried the peppercorn sauce but used the lightest philadelphia (tolerated) and it was yummy. Had it on chicken too and that was scrummy also!!!Keep up the awesome work xx

Just been reading your diary Julie you're doing great!!

So yesterday (PP) I ate:
Breakfast - oat bran porridge
Lunch - tinned tuna mixed with fromage frais and herbs
Snacks - 2 boiled eggs
Dinner - CHICKEN NUGGETS!

I was very very very excited to have chicken nuggets, I coated them in oat bran and lots of paprika and they were incredible! Other half also loved them so I think we've got a great recipe there!

I did however overdo it on the oat bran front yesterday - so I'm going without today to make up for it. I'd forgotten that nuggets were on the menu when I ate my breakfast!!

Today's menu (PV)
Breakfast: 2 scrambled/fried eggs (no oil before you ask!)
Lunch: chicken salad with a ff fromage frais dressing
Dinner: fish pie

I'm hoping to poach the fish in veg stock then mix with extra light Philly as the sauce..... mix with prawns, carrots and broccoli and top with cauliflower mash. Might be a lot of Philly though? But I probably won't have it again all week so I'm sure it won't hurt, weigh day isn't til Tuesday after all!

My sister is coming round for tea tonight so hopefully she'll enjoy it :)

Thanks hun!!

I am very focussed on not looking like a beached whale in a wedding dress! :)

Philly Extra light is fine as a tolerated ingredient... but only 30g! I think a tub is 200g so a third of a tub would be two tolerated ingredients, if you allow yourself two...
Fish pie is lovely! I must admit that I usually poach the fish, plop the veg on, and the cauli/celeriac mash... and brown... and don't bother with adding philly.

Thanks! How many tolerated items are we allowed? I am panicking. Weighed this morning and have still dropped .8lbs though which is good xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

ALSO - I've been having really bad nightmares for the past 3 or 4 nights and have been waking up in the night - has anyone else had this?! I'm not particularly stressed and not on any medication... I have just had the implant fitted so i don't know if it's that?!

I don't know why but I think all Dukaneers tend to sleep less, but if your waking through the night is it to use the loo???? just thinking is it because of you water intake ??? just a thought

Hi siddid. Not waking up to go to the loo so not sure what the issue is. Think it's my implant to be honest! Thanks though :)

So this week's official weigh-in came in at -1.6lbs.... not the best but I think it can be sort of explained? I tried to be as good as possible this week but:

ate too much Philly by accident...
went out for a steak and the mediterranean veg was quite oily...
did NOT eat remotely enough yesterday
haven't been drinking enough water
didn't eat oat bran for 2 days...
am on my period thanks to Mr Implant which plays havoc with my cycle.

SO - all things considered - -1.6lbs isn't too bad!

Hoping for a bigger loss next week but it's my birthday this Friday which means family dinner, then BBQ with friends on Saturday night so we shall see.

Had the most stressful weekend as well and have a horrible day at work today, wish I'd stayed in bed :(

Any loss is a loss & you'll prob have a bigger loss next week especially considering all the stuff that happened this week! x

Thanks China. Hopefully it will be better, might cancel bbq and go out for nandos instead where I can be healthy, I know that after this week I won't want to host anything!! Xxx

Just reading your diary, krys - great results so far! Congrats and I look forward to hearing more.

I'm just restarted dukan a few days ago and have been having trouble sleeping too. But mostly I think it's cos I'm going to the loo a few times a night! I'd forgotten that side of the diet... :)

I'm dieting, but not on Dukan, and I'm not sleeping well either! I go out like a light (and often doze off in front of the box in the evening - how cruel is getting older!!!), but I'm awake and alert half the night! most irritating!!

A BBQ is usually good for Dukan so long as you can control what you're having. If it's at a friend's, perhaps take along your own lean piece of steak, slab of salmon, pack of king prawns, etc, and serve yourself a huge helping of salad with them. (Or, if it's a good friend, tip her off to plan some Dukan friendly stuffs for you perhaps?)

Sorry to hear you had such a rotten day at work... What do you do Krys?

The sleeping thing is so annoying!! I haven't had the loo problem though, thank god as I have a downstairs toilet and very steep stairs!!

You guys are so lovely - I love this site :) I'm an admin for a masters course at a university and I had thesis hand in on Friday, need to distribute their theses to readers, and they had presentations all day yesterday and today, and academics apparently need babysitting because even their examiners can't get anywhere on time! Their course finishes on Friday though thank god ha :)

BBQs are really good for dukan but have changed to nandos because I can't be bothered to host on my birthday ha! And my garden is naaaaat BBQ friendly to be honest.

Big kisses, hope you guys are doing well! Sorry for the rant!! Xxxxxx

Back