Motivated and ready for Dukan!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH WHY did I not realise that the "fat-free" vanilla and lemon flavoured yoghurts (Tesco and Onken) have added sugar :( :( :( no wonder i barely lost this week! I am FUMING!!

Today and yesterday lunch time I had to go to a staff buffet (as a break from the presentations) and didn't eat a thing even though everything looked so incredible so when I came back to my office I had my tuna and fromage frais for lunch and then gorged myself on half a pot of vanilla yoghurt and thought "it doesn't matter because I'm allowed this" AND THEN I TURN IT ROUND AND I SEE "ADDED SUGAR"!!!!!!

Why don't they write it in big black letters?!?!!?!?!?!?

And breathe....

Don't blame you for being angry, krys. I can't believe manufacturers have the cheek to put 'low fat' or 'light' on some foods... When you actually read the sugar, carbs and fat content, you'd be better off eating the full fat one - since the label tricks you into thinking you can eat as much as you want.

With the yoghurts, the only flavored ones I eat are mueller lights and the activia 0% - vanilla, toffee, minimal fruit - but I think you have to limit even these. I prefer total 0% and then I can add my own flavors. There should be some up to date threads on this topic, though.

Anyway,best advice is to learn to read the labels and avoid the marketing blurb! I think you're ok with 5-6% carbs if its fat free.

and usually the small print on these pots is sooooooo small that it's hard to check things out when you're in the aisles in front of trillions of yoghurts.
If you can bear Total 0% and flavour it yourself, that's best. Otherwise Muller Lites vanilla and toffee are I think now tolerated. In France, we have one he allows which comes out to 55 calories a tub with similar nutritional breakdown to the Muller Lites. Just that MLs are HUGE. So I guess half one would be fine. Whole one, tolerated! That's how I'd gauge it!
I like Total 0% as it comes actually. We don't have that here.
Keep smiling! I like rants too, mind!
x

Thanks for the advice :) I was so annoyed haha, I'm definitely going Togo for that total 0% stuff as you can get that everywhere, just need to buy more flavourings. Do you guys buy then from the website or elsewhere?

Also I've run out of oat bran and can't find it in my local tesco :( do sains or morrisons do it but under a different name? Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think you can order flavorings from the dukan site, but I usually just use regular food flavorings like vanilla, almond or lemon essence with some sweetener. Or if I'm feeling really decadent, some low-fat cocoa and a bit of peppermint essence for choc mint flavor! If you add a bit of quark or fat free fromage frais, that makes a lovely after dinner dessert!

I recently ordered more liquid stevia and saw that they are now making some delicious flavored versions, so maybe that's something you could try? I love the liquid sweeteners as they're easy to add to cold drinks.

http://www.sweetleaf.com/products/sweet-drops-products (hope it's ok to share this link!)

The full list of flavors will make your mouth water:
Coconut o Watermelon o Cola o Lemon Drop o Valencia Orange o Berry o Chocolate Raspberry o English Toffee o Vanilla Crème o Hazelnut o Peppermint o Root Beer o Grape o Apricot Nectar o Chocolate o Cinnamon

I get my wheat bran at H&B - haven't tried the supermarket ones yet, but I'm sure they stock it.

Cx

PS I meant oatbran, although I buy wheatbran there too :)

Oh my god they all sound incredible! I will get on them ASAP mmmmm. I'm in tone tomorrow so definitely going to h and b, want to find some goji berries too! Have a great day mwah :) xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks P :)

So I had a bit of a naughty evening yesterday as it was my birthday, I had been really good all day and had pretty much a PP day, but in the evening I had 3 Malibu and diet cokes, a crab souffle with Parmesan crisp to start and a Stilton, caramelised onion and spinach tart for mains. Tart was tiny to be honest but incredibly sweet, to the point here I didn't really enjoy it!

Going to have a pv day today as am going to nandos with my friends and my OHs little bro is making me a dukan friendly birthday cake! I'm not too disappointed about my tiny splurge because I was actually still very restrained, no bread or potatoes and both options were still healthy options, just including cheese unfortunately but we shall see on weigh day. My next splurge day will be next Friday at my sisters wedding but after that its plain sailing til conso :) xxx

And you didn't tell us it was your birthday!! Hope you had a good one, and don't worry about indulging, just jump back on track today :)

Happy birthday for the other day xxx

Thank you! It's been a tough weekend, obviously fri night was bad, Saturday 2 people made me home made birthday cake so I had 2 small slices... And we ended up going to the Harvester so I had spit roast chicken and green beans but it was quite oily.

Yesterday I was good again though, PP, oat bran porridge, scrambled eggs, and oat bran chicken nuggets (doubled up on oatbran - oops) and having another PP day today, porridge for breakie, tuna for lunch, eggs for snacks and chicken for tea. My parents live in France and are staying with us til Thursday as my sister is getting married this week, so today will be easy and I will serve theirs with veg, tomorrow if we need dinner after a nandos style lunch I'm thinking Thai fish en pappiotte mmmmm. And weds and thurs ill have another 2 pp days before the wedding so maybe fish with sauce or something or Thai red chicken curry.

It's weigh day tomorrow and I'm a bit scared :( fingers crossed guys.

And if it works I've got a pic for you!! ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1378125670.090033.jpg that's the dress I'm wearing for the wedding, taken yesterday :)

Wow look at you xxx you look fab xxx and love the dress xxx

You look lovely - I love the colour. And you did well to be so restrained over your birthday weekend too! Menus sound lovely, will need to try those oatbran chicken nuggets one day...

Gosh you are in a social whirl at the moment and it's amazing you're managing to fit in any diet days! You look FAB in that dress :D

Week 4 weigh in.... *drum roll* 3lbs!!! Yaaaaaayyyyyyy! Taking me to 11st1.6 and I started at 12st2 so my first stone is GONE!!!!

Thanks for all your kind words guys - I'm feeling on top of the world! Kisses for all!! Xxxxxx

Sending you drum rolls and fanfares, Krys. Wow!!

Great 1st stone xxx

Right ladies - I have had a bad weekend! I had pp days on weds and Thursday where I was very good, and it was my sisters wedding on Friday so I had a good breakfast and lunch and obviously dinner, buffet and cake was where it all went wrong! I had a few glasses of wine as well ha...

Also we all had hotel breakfast on Saturday (sausage, buttery scrambled eggs and beans) which I could not get away from and because the rest of the day was so disjointed and a bit all over the place, I had 5 massive cookies from Costco for lunch, had a good dinner but also had several Pringles....

The only redeeming factor through all of this is that I avoided bread and potatoes ha! AND I said no to McDonald's!!

Weighed this morning - I have still lost since weigh day which is good, am expecting very slow weight loss this week to be honest. I will have pp days today and tomorrow to get me back on track for proper weigh day on Tuesday and will let you know!! Have had to ask OH to hide the cookies because my self restraint is pretty rubbish as I demonstrated yesterday!

From tues onwards I will be back on strict pp/Pv routine so will keep you updated :) xxx

Back