Motivated and ready for Dukan!!

Happy weekend!

I had a naughty night last night and i don't even feel guilty ha. Went to my sisters for a Mexican feast so had cheesy nachos and fajitas which were lovely, and a big slice of Apple crumble with custard for pudding. I think the reason I didn't feel guilty is because I didn't gorge myself - I just ate until I was full and didn't go back for seconds.

My family

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mmmmmm cheesey nachos!!

Got to have a little treat every now and again - well done on staying in control and not going crazy!! xx

Whoops posted half way through! My family asked me how much more weight I was planning on losing - now dukan told me my true weight is 9st13 and I have decided my goal weight is 9st5 because I want to be a size 8/10. I have big boobs and hips so I might struggle but that's what I've decided anyway.

Now my very opinionated sister

Oh gaaaad. Sister thinks that I'll be too skinny and point blank thinks I should stop at 10 stone. I'm 10 st8 at the moment and still don't feel like I'm close to where I wan to be looks wise so I doubt 8lbs will make any difference.

What do you guys think?! Sorry for going on and multiple posts xxxx

Did you post pics, krys? I can't see any this side.

Good for you for enjoying yourself at dinner! As for goal weight, that's a tricky one. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what the website or what other people say, it's how you feel.

I'd say wait until you get closer to tw and see what your body tells you.
PS. I'm 8st13 and quite top heavy - size 10-12 tops and 8-10 bottoms, so I don't think your target is so drastic Cx

Happy weekend!

I had a naughty night last night and i don't even feel guilty ha. Went to my sisters for a Mexican feast so had cheesy nachos and fajitas which were lovely, and a big slice of Apple crumble with custard for pudding. I think the reason I didn't feel guilty is because I didn't gorge myself - I just ate until I was full and didn't go back for seconds.

My fam

Gala meal xxx

I didn't post any pics, I kept getting posting by accident then picking up from where I left off in the next post! Sorry for the confusion :)

Thank you for your help - I think my sister actually sees it as a competition which is quite sad really, I'm just going to keep going as I am to be honest and see how I feel. I've been told that sometimes during maintenance your weight can rearrange itself so that may make a difference as well :)

Yesterday I accidentally ate a sausage roll but today I was quite good again. Weigh day on tues so well see how we go!

Also this ridiculous implant has made me have my time of the month for about 5 weeks (I had about 5 days off) - and it's playing havoc with my water retention as well as headaches and moods, am miserable and demotivated guys :(

Chin up lovely! You know it's water weight and like you say, the implant is causing havoc. If you stick to the plan you'll be fine. As for your target weight, I would just say keep going until you're at a weight you feel good with and that you can easily maintain. I dropped too low on mine when I first did Dukan and then rebelled, so consider the psychological side of getting somewhere you can easily stay.

But you're doing so very well - keep thinking of how well you've done and don't let a bit of water weight discourage you.

Good luck!

Jx

That's sad, isn't it. There will always be people who try to sabotage your diet or stop you from reaching tw because of competition/jealousy.

Sorry you're having a tough time, krys. I've been considering switching from pills to implants but thought that it was supposed to give you more 'hormonal stability'? Or is it just the adjustment phase?

You sound like you're doing fine with the food, though, so just ignore the scale for a while. And I agree with the 'body readjustment' thing - I really do think it's about body composition: water, fat, muscle - and those things can shift around a lot while you're dieting.

Thanks for your kind words guys :) I had a migraine yesterday and woke up with it today so haven't made it to work yet as I know I won't be able to drive there.

Dukanista, apparently the implant takes a little while to adjust - this is my first one but it starts off releasing a high level of hormones but then levels off according to my dr. Getting fed up of constantly being on my period though! Some of my friends have no period while on it though, I am very jealous!

Will ignore the scales this week and just be good for the next couple of weeks, and will see where items me :)

Happy Monday guys! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

So today I have been a bit all over the place because I was just begging out at home, feeling sorry for myself because I was ill. But here is my diary for the day:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs (at about 11am)
I didnt really have lunch, I've had 2 muffins and some yoghurt, I can't remember eating anything else?!
Dinner: we're having oat bran chicken nuggets (doubling up - whoops. I'll go without oat bran tomorrow)

So I don't think I've really eaten enough today and weigh day is tomorrow but keep everything crossed that I have a loss. 2lbs would be nice please, Mr Dukan God!

Mwah xx

Hey my pretties :)

We'll I had a loss of 1.2lbs - this seems to be the norm though, where every other week I have an awesome loss and the weeks in between its only little. It doesn't help with this freaking TOTM constantly though.

Either way I have hit my 1 and a half stone target in 7 weeks so I'm happy about that, didn't think it would come off that quickly :)

Today for dinner we had beef and mushroom stroganoff which was lovely xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Double post grr!

Fantastico! Good work, k :)

Had a bit of a bad day today folks! Had the biggest meeting of the year today (final exam board meeting signing off all my students' marks - always good when you only have about 50% of their marks thanks to incompetent academics ;)) so a day which started off as a nice pp day descended into:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, good
Snack: oat bran muffin - great
Lunch: SHOCK HORROR

Ok it wasn't that bad but I did have a quarter of a cheese and pickle sandwich, a teeny handful of crisps, some smoked salmon and cream cheese (goodish), a cracker and a sate chicken mini kebab. And an apple. It sounds a lot but it barely filled my little paper plate to be honest. I did drink 2 glasses of OJ though as there was no water.

Now I know you're prob fed up hearing peoples excuses - I am too - but I didn't even have time to sit at my desk and eat the pp lunch I'd made, let alone have an actual lunch break and I actually had to go to the lunch so it was either eat there or starve unfortunately. Today was a nightmare day and there was no way I could have avoided it, which was really annoying because if I'm going to be naughty I at least want the food to be amazing! Not rubbish buffet food but hey ho.

This morning I was running around like a headless chicken getting everything ready for the meeting, then i went to lunch 12.30 to 1pm. Then I was at the meeting for 5 and a half hours (writing minutes - I have a pen shaped sore bit on my finger!!) and left work an hour late.

Dinner: baked chicken with peppercorn sauce and the cheese cake thing for pudding (managed to get hold of some quark so no tolerated ingredients in that yay)

So considering how horrendous my day was and how exhausted I am that I actually want to cry/vom... Food wise it could have been sooooo much worse.

Apologies for the mahoosive post. Needed a rant! Xxxxx

Hey, you slipped a bit, but not a collapse by any means. How awful that they didn't even provide water! I'm sure you'll feel much better tomorrow, but feel free to rant anytime :)
Cx

Don't beat yourself up about it! That doesn't sound like a lot at all, and on any other diet it wouldn't really constitute as a "bad" day. Well done for eating a Dukan friendly dinner - if that was me, after the day you've had, and a couple of carbs at lunch, I'd have been planning a carb/sugar induced blow out for my tea!! Know what you mean - if you're gonna be bad you need to be really bad!! Hope tomorrow is a better day for you...

Thanks you lovely people! Ha I do feel ok but the tiny amount of carbs I ate yest have already given me belly ache this morning (maybe the bread?) so it's not even worth it ha!

If I was doing weight watchers I et all that would only have come to like 3 extra points ha so not going to beat myself up :) have still lost this morning (other half hasn't hidden the scales yet) so onwards and upwards!!

Thinking of doing the 30 day shred. Well actually I want to do insanity but it's too expensive so might do it after Xmas but have any of you done either of them? Xxx

Insanity is amazing, but tough. Possible to do even if you're not that fit, though, by just keeping whatever pace you can manage. Great results, doesn't need equipment or even much space at home, and I like the simplicity of doing a different combination of workouts each week. And tracking progress with regular fit tests.

I don't know shred, but quite a few people here have tried it.

Maybe see if there are samples on YouTube before you buy?

Yeah I'm definitely going to YouTube it when I get home! Saw on Facebook someone is selling for 30 quid so need to invest!! Meeting up with the girls from uni the last weekend in Oct so want to look really different and show off haha :) xxx

Back