Motivating "back at it" Monday

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hi Ladies --

Sorry BB -- I did not see the Daily Thread, so I thought I'd get it started for you.

I do not think we've done "backs" yet -- and as it is Monday, a new week, some slip ups occurred over the weekend, I figured -- we're all "back at it". So, lets focus on our backs.

I remember reading years ago that Victoria Principal (a TV actress from the show Dallas, who dated andy Gibb and wrote fitness books, did videos, had an awesome bod) said that she was most proud of her back. It was beautiful -- and I was looking at the Golden Globe outfits thinking... even if I was slimmer my back never looked that toned and attractive.

So, here is to an overlooked body part (that so many of us neglect and then suffer physically not just cosmetically becuase of that neglect).

Any suggestions on back toning, shaping, strengthening exercises?

MM

morning mel

no idea how to tone up the back, cant say ive thought about it much, lol
well this morning has been a round of phone calls, heating folks should come today if im lucky, have put in for repeat scripts for kaya from the gp ( reflux meds, they cant do anything about the vomiting, gastro will have to decide if she needs her meds upping ) called the feed company for her next months supply and put in a call to her OT about the profiling bed and am waiting for a call back

have made a start on the water but no shakes just yet

Morning Mel and Claire.

I have no idea about back toning exercise either. I know exercise that do shoulders etc. so would work on upper back a bit, but like Claire I'd never really thought about it.

Claire I really hope they do come and sort out your heating today!

I'm a bit all over the place today, lots of bits to do. I've got a presentation at uni tomorrow which I've got to prepare for and do some bits for, and then tomorrow night I'm going with my sister to a John Mayer concert. So I've got to get some ink to print out the tickets. I'm a bit disappointed that we don't get a real, actual ticket. I like to keep these things, like I've got my Jimmy Carr one on my pinboard. And the one from my first ever gig. JM is my all time favourite person ever, and he hardly ever tours to UK so was extremely lucky to get tickets, so I'm happy with that, but a ticket for my board would have been nice!

Morning All

I'd liked to be toned all over... lol. A bit of a tall order at the moment.

I've started with a new enthusiasm this morning - I've had my bar for breakfast, on my third coffee!, and I've started my fizzy water.

Wasn't perfect on the weekend, but I'm finding it a little difficult getting back into it (I only started on Friday - and I had a blip first thing!).

I figure anything is better than what I was doing this time last week, which was eating like there was no tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok, and well, and happy!! (C'mon - we can pretend!).

Lynne
x

morning guys n gals

im just having my first shake, mmmm hot choc mint have been up for 4 hours already, think ill be having an early one tonight
im waiting for heating man to fix mine so hes either gonna be here before 11.30 (cant see it somehow) or after 1.30 when i get home from work. All everyone is talking about at work is diets at the moment, think 3/4 of the staff are on one, only me on CD for now tho but the 2 kitchen ladies are on lipotrim and thinking of changing over just for more variety, think ive convinced them ;)

hope kaya is better soon and hope you get the bed sorted too, you cant go on like you have been doing

Hi all

Hope i can join in new today!

Back toning - i could definately do with it got horrible overhang bit (say where the bottom of my bra would lie) Ive heard that the pull up exercises are good but only at a gym :( Its the machine where you reach up and grab the handles and then you pull down behind your head! All good and well but majority of us not got access to gym or if your like me cant afford it and absolutely hate going in to one!

Wonder if it would work much in the same way with some weights in your hand ???? I'm guessing swimming would be good to especially the crawl??

x

I've realised I do know back exercises, I just hadn't realised! I'm going to go and make a post.

yay yay yay, heating engineers been, pressure had gone yet again, took him all of 2 minutes to get it back on
and even better he showed manny how to get the pressure back up to get the boiler working again so next time we wont have to be stuck cold and waiting for them to come out

think i will go and have a shake now :)

Good afternoon all

Have had a combination of laptop and heating problems. Having ot heating fixed yestrday, I came home from the theatre to find it had gone beserk, switched itself on and wouldn't switch off!

Chap came back this morning and now I am sorted out, I hope!

Glad that the same applies to Claire and Mandy.

Working from home today - was looking forward to hotdesking in the office but domestic woes came first.

Nothing beats a lovely hot shower or bath when you are doing CD in the winter, so hoorah! x

Hi Ladies --

It looks like it is going to be a better for us. I'm glad that Claire, Mandy and Sarah got their heating sorted.

Yeah! Let's hope that all gets organised for Kaya, soon.

CG -- I am notorious for saving all the little tickets stubs, etc. because "I'm going to scrapbook them one day." Note: I'm actually finally starting to get some of these things done.

I have an old (that should be redone) photo album -- one of the few things that survived my many moves since my teen years (I had a box of school yearbooks, photo albums, etc. lost in a move from California to Florida, when I was at Uni. :() Anyway, this one album must have been left home -- or was in another box. And, it has the ticket stub from my first ever concert -- The Eagles: One of These Nights Tour at the Seattle Center Colliseum in 1975 (I was 14). I think the ticket was $11.00!

I've been looking at Leona Lewis in Birmingham and the tickets are something like 60 pounds!!! My DD had friends go to Miley Cyrus in London and now she wants to go to concert.

Thanks for the pilates link Ase; I'm going to do my back exercises in a few minutes.

My DH had today off and we found an early showing of "It's Complicated" (we loved it, and laughed a few times). So, we were able to go to movie and get home and have a coffee before DD got home from school.

We were the only people in the theatre until just before the movie started, then two women and an older couple came in -- and unlike Claire's experience -- we could not have sat further apart and been in the same theatre! It was awesome!

MM

Last edited:
Evening All!!

Glad the ladies with heating issues have now got it sorted... nothing worse than being on this diet and no heating!! its cold enough anyway!

Been at uni all day trying to sort out my work, had a productive day, so am pleased!
Back on track today after a bit of a blow out yesterday!
Dont know why that happened, but it did, and its in the past!
Hope all ok...
xx

Morning all,

MM don't go to Miley Cyrus... terrible!! Leona Lewis I don't hugely like, but is probably better of the two, so expensive though!!

I've got some photos I need sorting too. I want some reprinted and then I want to do a huge photo frame collage.

Have been out most of the day and got to about 5.30pm on the bus on the way home and realised I hadn't eaten anything at all, thankfully had taken a peanut bar with me though. I ended up going to the hairdressers, not sure I like it though!

My housemates are sitting here saying how they're so fat, and pear shaped and all this. They're bloody size 10! I'm sorry but it really pisses me off sometimes. Rant over.

CG, Post a pic of your new do! MM

So so happy - had my first weigh in (after 2 weeks rather than 1) and it's 16.25lbs gone, very happy indeed!!

Due to my cdc being away next Monday I'm only getting weighed again in another 2 weeks so hopefully I'll have another good loss again then.

Finalised our holiday bookings yesterday for July and it feels so much better to know that (most of) the weight is going before then.

Mandy I get pretty close sometimes!! One of them has just bought a pair of jeans from Topshop... 28in waist. How can she be fat?! And all they do is go on and on about carbs and calories but eat crap and stay skinny!

Back