Motivation/rewards

_Flower_

I'm trying to gather things together that will help motivate me when I'm feeling like giving up.
Someone mentioned in another forum to keep a journal and fill it with positive things

My mum said to buy a nail varnish a week instead of food and then to paint my nails every time I feel hungry, which is a good idea but i'm rubbish at painting my nails

I also got one of these

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I'm going to put £1 in for every 1lb lost and hubby will put £5 in every time I lose a stone. If i ever reach target there be a nice amount to go clothes shopping,

Other then putting locks on the fridge and cupboards I can't think of anything else, anyone got any ideas?

Ooh I'm loving the money incentive, might have to do that myself xx

You should, the tin is huge and apparently will hold £200 in pound coins. Should fund a decent shopping trip :D

Great idea ;)

Saving money in that tin sounds like a great idea! When you reach your goal weight not only will you look great but you will have some lovely new clothes that will show the new you off!

I'm treating myself to something for each stone I lose. Getting some contact lenses, a new haircut and colour and then the big one is going to see a colour consultant to find out what colours suit me to buy some new clothes. I've worn black and dark colours for way too long.

i've had some lovely rewards for losing each stone (earrings, a small handbag, a necklace, some shoes and a purse - so far).

i've also bought myself bubble bars and bombs from Lush - which kinda works for me cos they look a bit like cakes or something. I have an indulgent bubble bath every other day. I also do my nails twice a week (i never did before).

thats a great Idea I might just do that... after this week though i might end up bankrupting myself :)

Yeah I might have to put a few IOU's in the first couple of weeks. :D I haven't had my hair cut in 20 months and I've decided not to get it touched till I'm at target.
I really want to go have a make up consultation when i get to target and get some decent stuff and learn how to apply it because I'm 26 and no idea how to apply make up. Needless to say i look a bit of a mess at the moment :eek:

I reckon we should pool our money and hire Gok Wan for the day ;)

That is a great idea! I didn't buy a jar but I opened a bank account to transfer money in. The kind u can't take money out from till a certain date ;) This is easier for me because I never have any spare change around! I have my own motivator too. I was cleaning my closet and found this lovely lovely shirt that I can remember only wearing once or twice before I got too big for it (this was back in 2006, if I remember correctly). Now it's hanging on my wall to remind me everyday that when I can fit in it, I'm a HUGE step closer to my ultimate goal. :eek:

The bank account idea is a good one, I'd have to not be able to take it out though or I would. The good thing about the tin is that you can't get into it unless you use a tin opener.
I have a skirt, that I bought 8 years ago and have never worn, its a size 16 and I'm a size 26 at the moment, so once I get in it, I should be about 3/4 of the way to target.

Yeah, if I was the kind of person who took money in the actual form I'd go with the tin too, but I know Im not, so this works for me. Also it's a test of willpower; to try not to take the money out untill I'm ready set and able to go buy some pretty clothes :)

my motivation at the moment is the charity weight loss challenge at work. theres 7 of us doing it and we'll be raising money for our charity scope. my colleagues are sponsoring me a £1 for every lb i lose. also i am the biggest out of everyone who is doing it so i feel like all eyes are on me so i wanna kick ass at this :)

I did a sponsored slim once and would u believe I lost about 12lb and 3 people refused to pay as they had sponsored me a pound per pound and said it was to much :/

how rude!!!! well anyone who has said they will sponsor me a £ for a lb has been told that im on cd n will lost a good amount of weight. i will be fuming if ppl dnt pay up!

I was really upset, it was at work so all their co workers knew what they had done and it affected their reputation as it was for a kids Charity... I had warned them as i was at my heaviest there and i told them i would lose alot... some people are just Rude.

Good Luck on your sponsored slim :) great motivation!

Back