Extra Easy Motivation!

gina_1685

I am struggling a bit these last few weeks, I am eating the right things at meal times and taking good snacks to work but I just can't stop picking at the wrong things at home! I finish my sons tea, and just lately am picking at naughty things I buy for my boyfriend that I can't not buy as its not fair on him!

I am sts at the moment and I really want to lose again as have 2 stone I want to lose before my holiday 2nd May. Help!!

would your boyfriend not understand if you explained why you weren't buying the naughties or can he not just eat them when he's at work etc so you don't have to have them around, or can you not incorporate them into your daily syns so you can have them?

what kind of things is it that you struggle with? is there a SW friendly alternative you could get in too so you can have something and not feel deprived?

good luck hunx

Why is it not fair for your OH to not eat naughty things? None of us should eat crap on a frequent basis, in this house OH only gets treats if he walks to the shop and buys them himself! Or when he is in work so I don't see it. He gets snacks at home- but all SW friendly.

I'm losing weight for my health and so I don't die 20 years early. If i'm not important enough to my OH and he would rather have a Crunchie than support me, he knows where the door is.

Unfortunately OP you cannot continue with the attitude that everyone is suffering because of your diet. You are making things better for everyone!

Im struggling aswell. My OH is overweight aswell, and whilst im trying my hardest to stick to plan 100% he sits in front of me constantly and munchies on packs of biscuits, crisps, chocolate bars etc.

It makes me so cross that he doesnt understand how hard he is making life for
Me, and also that he doesnt realise what he is doing to his health!!! Arghhh!

I think your oh can be supportive but still want some treats for himself! I'm not saying you should buy them for him necessarily, but half the deal when dieting is having enough will power to say no to things. I wouldn't expect anyone else to make sacrifices just because I'm on a diet. I certainly wouldn't have appreciated it if the shoe was on the other foot!

OP, I know it's tough but you have to be able to say no and make good choices as temptation is everywhere. Remind yourself why you're doing this and I'm sure that whatever your reason, it's more important than nibbling on bits of crap lying around the house. Lots of luck x

I agree with BeeGee.

I live with two others, neither of who need to lose weight. However, they eat the same SW friendly food as me, and if they want a snack or treat they have it, often in front of me. I just keep reminding myself why I am doing SW in the first place, and what my aim is. Have a picture of how you want to look in your mind, and picture that whenever you are faced with a Crunchie or whatever it may be!!

In my view, if your OH wants to eat the same SW stuff as you, great, that would be ideal support. BUT he's a grown man and if he doesn't want to eat yummy healthy stuff, that's fine too - its his fault if he stays overweight and you look slim and gorgeous!

I totally agree with beegee and Rachael. We can not ban others from eating what they want and they can not ban us from food we choose to eat. We have to train ourselves to resist temptation and think about how lovely we will look slimmer. We live in a world that is obsessed with advertising food and selling junk to us. Also perhaps the reason we got to being overweight might be giving into temptation.

I'm not suggesting banning anyone from eating what they like- I just insist that OH can't keep his treats in the house. He keeps them in work or, when at home, walks to the shop for something to snack on. Sometimes even in the boot of his car. But wherever they are, I can't steal them for snacks, which is what OP has a problem with and so far telling herself that she can't have them has not worked. Maybe it's time for a more drastic measure?

I would never do that as I don't think it's fair, it's not like it's the first time I have tried to lose weight I spend most of my life trying to! If it was the first time then it wouldn't be so bad.

I lost 2 stone 2 years ago and got to an ideal weight then fell pregnant about a month later and put 5 and a half stone on! Disgraceful I know, OH also put 3 stone on during my pregnancy as I am embarrassed to say we ate ice cream sweets and bad meals all day every day. Lesson learned. I have 2 stone to go now and 3 months to try and do it in so really need to knuckle down.

I agree that it's my own issue I need to deal with to avoid these things as they are still going to be around me at work, in shops etc. I think I need to work on my willpower and also try to make sure I have low syn snacks in the house / prepared at all times.

Good luck - sounds like you've already lost 3.5 stone of the baby weight, which is fantastic, so you can do it! Less than half to go!!

Back