Motivation!!

Browsie

Silver Member
Hi

I have been lurking over the past couple of weeks after going off plan for a while and gaining a stone :sigh: I am deperalty trying to get back on plan but am finding it difficult. :angeldevil:
So i was wondering what your top tips for getting back on plan and sticking to it are. I really do need to do it before anymore weight goes back on but can't seem to manage a day. When I go out I would have in the past picked the most SW friendly foods but now it's like someone else is ordering fatty food for me!!! I know how to do the plan and write things down etc but I was wondering if there is anything your do to talk yourself out of the bad stuff cause I can't seem to do it at the moment!

Please don't hold back on your comments I NEED some tough love!!:sign0009:

I was doing it from home for a while & totally lost it since Christmas & have put a stone on. I joined a group yesterday to give me the motivation I need! The thought of attending group & being weighed every week is what I need x

What I did was write down all of the reasons I was unhappy at my current weight. Then beside it I wrote down how excited I felt every time I recorded a loss on the scales...after that it was a no brainer and I started SW on the Monday x

Hi

I have been lurking over the past couple of weeks after going off plan for a while and gaining a stone :sigh: I am deperalty trying to get back on plan but am finding it difficult. :angeldevil:
So i was wondering what your top tips for getting back on plan and sticking to it are. I really do need to do it before anymore weight goes back on but can't seem to manage a day. When I go out I would have in the past picked the most SW friendly foods but now it's like someone else is ordering fatty food for me!!! I know how to do the plan and write things down etc but I was wondering if there is anything your do to talk yourself out of the bad stuff cause I can't seem to do it at the moment!

Please don't hold back on your comments I NEED some tough love!!:sign0009:

Tough love alert!

As you said, you know the plan and know it works.
You need to focus and remember the reasons for doing this. Remember how it feels to wear something that you feel amazing in, remember how it feels to hear all the lovely comments by others when they notice how fab you look.

Above all remember, you choose what you put into your mouth, make better choices and watch the weight come off again.

You can do it x

Thanks guys, I know I can do it. I have done it before. So am today I am doing well, going to write down all the reasons why I want to do this and keep it in my purse. Slim here I come!!!

Another tough love answer but........

Remember all those lovely comments you got when losing weight, you don't want those same people to be thinking 'I knew it wouldn't last' etc

The feeling you get when you stand on the scales and see those pounds melting away is second to none.

Buying clothes in a smaller size or a style which wouldn't have suited you before is out of this world.

When tempted to be naughty I always try and remind myself that the pleasure of eating that food only lasts minutes but the pleasure if losing weight lasts for ad long ad you want it to.

Someone else in here has a fantastic signature that I try and remind myself of it goes something like 'losing wright is hard, being fat is hard, chose which hard you want'

It is difficult to lose weight I have struggled all my life, maybe go easy on yourself but set yourself a date when your going to start again and then start complelty fresh as if you were a new member, this date could be tomorrow, next week or next month, but remember if you never give up then you have never failed.

Good luck, and when I come back from my holl in August I may try and hunt this thread down to remind me how motivated I am at this moment and hopefully it will help me to kick start sw again and help me lose any Holliday gains.

Hi I think the answers above r fab brilliant advice! To add to them, try making some of the sw friendly food u love and enjoy eating, therefore its not a chore its a pleasure! For me I love petes peanut curry, or huge bowl of syn free pasta with a Yum sauce, or a big sw "fry up". I LOVE my food and if I didn't truely enjoy or look forward to my meals I just couldn't do it! Endless dressingless salads, apples and mullerlights get me down and I'm sure to fall off! The beauty of sw is Yummy variety of food! And the best part is by time u next have a weigh in u'll be well into it again and the scales should show the changes! Just my personal opinion! Good luck!

thank you for taking the time to reply. I have been hunting on here for some easy reciepes that I can try (I hate buying all new ingrediants to find I don't like it). I LOVE my food and like you have said a life of yogurts and no chocoalte or cheese is too unbearable.

I am going to dig out some old SW mags and start again, NOW!! Thanks again.

Try planning all your meals for a week - sit down and write a menu and only buy what you need for it - then you'll only have that in the house :)

And one of the best motivation tips I got (from someone on here, can't remember who!) was to buy a pair of jeans in the next size down and hang them somewhere prominent so they're a daily reminder of where you want to get to (and a reward once you get into them!) - I got into my pair that I bought at the start of April today and it's such an amazing feeling - the next size down again has already been hung up in their place! :D

x

I find that clothes are one of my biggest motivations and I love MissNix's idea of buying smaller jeans. My mum gave me a bag full of clothes to sell on Ebay and she said that whatever didn't sell I could keep. Most of her clothes are a size 14 (I'm a size 18 at the moment) and one thing that didn't sell was a super cute short fun dress in a size 14. I keep that in my spare room and every time I feel like I want to go off plan I go and have a look at it. Hmmm...is it weird that I want to dress like my mum?! :D

The important thing to remember is that you CAN do it! You already know that you want to do it and that's one of the biggest steps. It's like going on holiday to Disneyland in Florida. You really want to go but it's a long journey, you might get delayed and there could be some ups and downs with the turbulence. However, once you're there you realise it was soooo worth the effort! :bunnydance:

Hi just want to report that yesterday I had a full 100% day, no cheating and no kidding myself that 'that little bit won't matter' :woohoo:

Thanks for all the comments it really helped me!! I love the idea of hanging something I can't get into where I can see it. I've got a few dresses I have bought and never worn so going to pop one of those somewhere I can see it to give me that extra motivation. :thankyou:

Back